InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ PS: With Love ❯ The Polish Didn't Shine. ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kagome awoke at the dawn. Her body felt limp and uncomfortable from sleeping on the ground all the time. Inuyasha was not sleeping in the shelter with her. Kagome crawled out, and saw him asleep sitting on his butt, with his arms crossed against a rock. The day today was so cold in the morning. Barely even light out. It was cold, so cold, Kagome could see her breath. Kagome quickly pulled on her green cargo shorts, and folded her tee-shirt up so that her belly button was revealed. The air felt good on her skin. She took her hair elastics from her bag, and tied her hair back into a messy pony tail. Her eagerness to explore over whelmed her, as Kagome soon found a lengthy stick and began sharpening the edges of it with a sharp rock. Kagome made her way down the beach trail, far from camp, as she waded into the water looking for fish. The icy water was spine tingling, but Kagome found it invigerating. It took a couple of hours, but Kagome came back to camp with 3 large fish. She was very proud of herself. When she came back, the gross slimy fish, held pinched at the tails, held far from Kagome's body, was tossed onto a bunch of leaves that were thick, when lots were piled together. The sleeping Inuyasha was still sleeping, and Kagome was pleased that she could wake him up with breakfast. :)
Kagome added more material to the fire that looked dim in the damp air. Soon on, she was roasting the fish, on sticks, like shishkabobs. She hated fish. And now she had to eat this.. for the rest of her life. Kagome stared at the fire, as it flickered every which way so freeley. She stared at Inuyasha who looked so peaceful. His shivering from before, seemed to be coaxed down by the warmth of the fire. A single tear rolled down Kagome's cheek, and she just let it lie there on her face. This was like, surreal. This couldn't be happening. Why had she managed to survive that horrible night? Why had she managed to be stranded? And why, why was she to die here with him? Kagome stared at Inuyasha and couldn't help but grow angry with him. This was hell. Kagome grabbed the sand beneathe her feet and threw it violently at Inuyasha's face, who now stumbled in his sleep, while Kagome bolted off running before he could catch her. She ran to that field that she had been attacked from before. She could see the crumpled flowers, and she could even see her own blood stained on the stones and dead plants. She didn't even shiver. She just stared and remembered how it felt like death. How it felt so close to being dead. She felt she lost so much blood. She then felt the pulse in her leg, and the pain reliving in her veins. Adreniline. She fell to the ground, and just lay there breathing heavily the cold air.

Inuyasha just stared at the fire, and the fish. He hadn't caught the fact that someone deliberatly threw the sand on his face, he just thought he fell into it. He looked pleased at the fish, and grabbed one and began to gobble it. Not even 3 bites into it, he stopped. He felt bad. Before, he hadn't even shared his fish with Kagome, but she had caught better fish then him, and he was just eating it shamelessly. "Where is that damn girl, anyways?" Inuyasha said impatiently. He wanted her to be here so he could eat and not feel guilty. He got up, ready to spring into finding her, but he stopped. Maybe she hated him always butting in. Maybe she just wanted to be alone. He sat back down, and stared into the flames. "What the hell am I doin' here?" Inuyasha was shocked by his own words. He never looked down, when he got put here, and now he felt like he was cracking. He cursed into the sky, cracking birds from the trees. He reached into his pockets and pulled out a carton of cigerettes. They of course were as dead, from the days in salt water. But Inuyasha in his desperate attempt, lit the ciggerette in the burning flame, and took a puff. He began coughing, and spat in the sand, but he took another puff. The fag definatly had a different taste to it, then before, kind of salty. He took the fag from his mouth, and just stared at it, he didn't even feel like smoking, but he went on anyways.

"Hell." He waited a moment, maybe trying to think of something to out speak the last word. "Just, hell." After a small amout of puffs he threw the cigerette into the fire. He watched as it didn't disapear right away, and he hastily threw more wood on it. It wasn't that he cared what Kagome thought about him, but, he didn't want her to see him smoke.

He looked up to see Kagome walking wistfully towards him. How good she looked. He smiled. Inuyasha got up, and dusted the sand off the log that Kagome normally sat on, that they had pulled up, using them as seats. Kagome looked surprised at him as she sat down.

"Are you feeling okay?" Kagome asked, slightly sarcastic as she picked up a piece of fish and placed it in the air as she slowly picked at it. She noticed the fish that Inuyasha put've been eating and sat down looking away from it, acting as if she hadn't noticed. "You can have some too, ya know." Kagome licked her fingers.

"No. It's okay, I'm not hungry." Inuyasha spoke as he hugged his stomach to muffle the soft growling it was making. He didn't know why he just gave up food. He was starved like crazy. Kagome didn't look into it.
"Kay."