InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ PS: With Love ❯ Tonight ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"I wonder what would happen if we didn't get out of the plane." Inuyasha said, eyes closed, head aligned to the ground. "This all just seems like a dream, we just have to wake up from."
Kagome closed her eyes too, rotating herself, so she was lying on her back. "I just want to see my family again. I just want to know what they're doing without me." Kagome held the sand in her hand, as she asked. "Do you miss Kikyou?" It had been a long while before Kikyou, ever came up in their conversations.

Inuyasha opened his eyes, and looked at the innocent Kagome. He was surprised, but he couldn't think of anything to say except:
"Yeah.. I know she'll be waiting for me though. Do you miss that Hojo?"That Hojo? That? "Yeah." Was all Kagome said, before turning away, back facing Inuyasha. "He's my best friend. How can i not miss him." Her voice squeeked. Inuyasha raised his upper body up, and peered over Kagome's shoulder. "Are you crying?" he asked, a tinge of worryness in his voice. Kagome moved her body more so he couldn't see her, but that was all she had planned to hide from him. Inuyasha looked at her, and slumped back in the sand, seeing a tear on her face. It was quiet. The oceans wave still crashed on the shore, but it didn't sound as loud as it had been. Normally you could hear bugs, but tonight you couldn't hear a thing. Maybe it was because Inuyasha was well concentrated and calm, and the only thing he wanted to hear was Kagome's breathing.

Inuyasha went behind Kagome, and wrapped his arms around her. Kagome who was too shocked to do anything, didn't want to let on her fear, so she just continued breathing.
They were spooning, partially. Without the naked part."It'll be okay." Inuyasha soothed. "I'll protect you." Inuyasha who was just holding Kagome, stopped himself from talking anymore, wondering why he just said he would protect her. 'I don't even know her.' He thought. Kagome who was thinking the same thing, asked him, on impulse. "Promise..?" "Yeah.. I promise."They didn't say anything after that. Kagome felt awkward being in Inuyasha's arms, but she didn't want to ruin this perfect moment. And it felt different, to her. It felt different from the times Hojo had held her. It felt... better. It felt like.. Inuyasha meant it.. ?--
Inuyasha lay his head in Kagome's hair, when he was sure she was asleep. How much he missed Kikyou. Wondering, if it'd be okay, Inuyasha pulled Kagome closer to him, and kissed her neck.
"I love you." he paused. "Kikyou.."