InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ PS: With Love ❯ If I Were to Stay ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 17: If I Were to Stay


Kagome rolled over, and felt warm air on her face. She opened her eyes and saw his face infront of hers. Her breath stopped as she didn't dare make a sudden move. His white hair looked immaculate on his pale face. She just stared at his face, and wondered how'd they end up like this. He looked so beautiful sleeping in sunlight. Kagome, reaching foreward, quietly with her face, tried to kiss his lips. Her heart was beating faster, with every strain she made. Kagome was in a deep trance, when she felt Inuyasha's hand lift from her waist. She closed her eyes quickly, as she felt Inuyasha waking up. She tried to look natural as she could feel Inuyasha raise his upper body up. She could feel the stare. He quickly rose to his feet, and dusted his self off. Kagome opened her eye slowly, just to peek at him. Inuyasha was just standing there, infront of her, looking at the ocean, and looking at the hut. The fire had burnt out, probally a few hours ago, and was all but smoke."Hell." was all he said, before Kagome closed her eyes, and pretended to be asleep. She opened them again when she could hear him leaving. She slowly rolled back to her original sleeping position, so that he back was facing the hut. She noticed the breeze, cooling her, and remembered she was only in her underwear and a tank top. She held her breath, hoping Inuyasha was gone from the camp looking for more wood or something. Abrupty she looked over, and luckily he was gone. Stumbling to her feet, Kagome ran into the hut, fell to her knees, and looked for something to wear. She grabbed her green capris and a white tube, some haircare products, her towel, and making sure Inuyasha was no where in sight, she walked over to spring, behind the rocks, a 5 minute travel, through bushes and rocks. Kagome stripped to her nuddy-pants :) and jumped into the spring. It was right beside a rock wall, that had a small stream waterfall that ran into the spring. The water he was nice and clear, and refreshing. Her hair was so knotty, and even though she had a brush and comb, and some products, this was the first time she'd actually been able to shampoo and condition her hair.

--

Inuyasha lay on his back, with his arms sprawled out, a stick or two beside him. He had gone looking for wood, but he couldn't think right now. All he could think about was Kagome. They didn't do anything, right? All he remembered was comforting her, that was all. Yeah, that was all.

He kicked his leg up, with the stick on the ball of his foot, trying to catch it with his hand, but Inu kicked it too high, and it went over his head, and over the ledge, that he was lying on. This was his cliff. Apparently Kagome didn't know about it. And he didn't want her too anyways. This place was really nice for sunsets. You could just sit back and watch the horizon. He went here most times, to just think. Inuyasha listened for the sound of the stick hitting the ground, but when he heard nothing, he wondered what happened. He dragged his body against the grass, extending his arms out to the edge of the cliff and pulling himself. He poked his head out, ready to slump down to the bottom of the cliff, when he saw her.
Kagome was already staring up at him. . . . just staring. Inuyasha was transfixed at her body, with his dropped jaw. She screamed at him covering herself. "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!!!!" Inuyasha startled, pushed himself back, and awkwardly started rolling the other way down the hill. He tumbled, but he didn't try to stop himself.When he reached the bottom he was just covered in dirt, hurt all over, he lost the other stick, but he just lay there, head all dizzy and all.

--

Kagome was ducked down in the water, so only you could see her nose, eyes and the top of her head. She felt violated. She felt distressed, but somewhat satisfied. She looked up the top of the cliff, then raised herself up. She looked at her reflecion and looked at how pretty she looked. Her hair from the shampoo and conditioner was sleeked down against her soft shoulders, and she looked real good. It's not like he saw anything anyways. Maybe her breasts, but that was it. It's easier to say, then it sounds.
She quickly dried off and threw on her clothes. With her brush, she brushed her hair straight, then scrunched it up repeated times, and each time, she'd dry it off in the sun. She kinda wanted to be pretty for Inuyasha. They day had worn out real fast. She hadn't seen him since this afternoon. The moon was already out, but she was sure he was fine. It was pretty much time to sleep.

She sat near the ocean again, remembering the spot where Inuyasha held her. "It felt so right." Kagome said to herself.She looked back up the beach at the hut, Inuyasha wasn't there. 'I wonder what he was thinking. I wonder why he did it. I mean, you don't have to wrap your arms around someone just to say not to worry.' She dug her feet into the sand, and wiggled her toes. 'We haven't even known eachother for long... why.. Why'd he do it.. I wonder if he likes me.. erg. I wonder.. I can't beleive he saw me naked.' She paused, and looked up. "Wait. Did I like it?" Her mind wandered as she relived the moment Inuyasha held her in his strong arms, and vowed he'd protect her. Her stomach got butterflies, and she laughed as she hugged it hoping it'd stop.

--Inuyasha watched from the side lines, as Kagome laughed to herself. 'She's so happy. And beautiful.' he thought. He bit his bottom lip, hoping, really hoping he wasn't falling for this girl. He was nervous to talk to her, after that nakedness ordeal. But i guess, if you could say anything from the long run. I guess he liked it. Kagome looked pretty, sweet, and innocent. She probally thought he planned to be there. He sighed, and walked through the sand. It was warm between his toes. He walked softly but quickly towards her, and stopped when he heard her muffled giggles.
"Hell.." he said to himself.

Kagome looked up at him. "Inuyasha." She said with a straight face, but then she smiled. This really big smile. The boy with the confused look on his face, went and sat down beside her.

"Um.. uhhh, look.. uhhh.. " He blushed, but you couldn't really tell in the moonlight. "About earlier today, uhhm. . i mean, i didn't mean to look at you. I ..." he paused and coughed. "..Uh, i didn't mean to, i, i didn't even know you were there, okay? uhh... i didn't mean too.."
Kagome just stared at him, then burst into a small laugh. "Haha, alright. I beleive you." Inuyasha looked up at her."Woah, just like that?""Yep." She smiled, and hugged her knees."And also.." Inuyasha continued.Kagome looked at him softly, not expecting him to have anything more to say on the subject."Nothing happened last night.. just so you know, okay? And I was just really out of it last night. Everything that happened last night, Kagome, was nothing okay? Just forget about it, kay?" Inuyasha smiled at her.

Kagome just stared at him. "I.." she tried starting a sentance, but it didn't work.

"I think I was just missing Kikyou too much, and I just wanted you to be her."Kagome put on her best litte girl smile, and got up. "Yeah, i know. Obviously right?" Inuyasha got up with her, and laughed. "Good I knew you'd understand!" He put his hand on her back as a closer."Don't touch me." Kagome said not looking at him.Inuyasha looked at her. "Kagome? Are you okay?" He put his hand on her shoulder."DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!!!!" She roared at him, and ran up the beach to the hut, closing the door, firmly.

Inuyasha just stood there, shaking, staring at his hand. "Guhhh?"