InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ PS: With Love ❯ Pretty Girl. ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 18. Pretty Girl.



Kagome had her eyes peeled, looking through the cracks of the bamboo door, watching as Inuyasha walked by, to the fire. He was no longer in her sight. She kept staring, not blinking, but even as she just stared, her waterway burst, and huge, fat tears streamed down her face. Kagome let them fall past her chin, before wiping the tickley feeling away.


"Why are you crying?" she said between breaths. "Why are you crying?" She sat in the sand, kneeled, with her forehead to the ground. "Stop crying.... st..stop crying.. stop.." she told herself, but she couldn't. Her body was growing so hot and sweaty all of a sudden. She rolled to her back side, sand sticking to her skin. She stared at the the ceiling, but not really looking at it. She felt she was in a trance, as the tears still poured out her eyes."I don't see why I thought it would be anything. I have my life, and Inuyasha has his." Kagome bit her lip. She sniffed quietly. "But i think.. I think I really fell for him."


She sniffed as new hot tears streamed down her face. She put her hand to her mouth, covering it, trying to muffle the noise, as she finally admitted it her feelings.


She must've been lying there, crying, and thinking for a couple hours, before she opened the door and walked onto the cool sand. She looked at the fire, seeing Inuyasha there sleeping. Her face was so distressed, and his was so smooth. She took a step towards him, staring at him, but told herself no, and ran the other way.


She was at the garden. Remember? The garden, Kagome's special place. She rubbed her shoulders, as coldness ran down her spine. Up here, up in the garden area, it was cold. Back down at camp it always was warmer.

Kagome began to walk.. just walking around. She didn't know where she was going, she could barely see anything. There was only the moon there.

With each blink Kagome took, her eyes burned. New tears starting pouring out.

"Why do I have to be here? Why.. Why do I have to have feelings? Why'd I think that someone stupid like me, could maybe, just maybe finally find love? Why'm I here? Why can't this be a dream!?" She breathed heavily, as she tried to regain her original pace.

In an hour, Kagome had cried herself to sleep on rock steps that didn't lead anywhere.


--



Inuyasha was sitting there on a log, by the fire, hours ago pretending to be asleep. The minute he heard Kagome come out, he closed his eyes, scared of what she would do next. He thought he heard her coming towards him, but the minute he opened his eyes to check, she was gone.

Biting his lip, he wondered what he did wrong. All he said was that what happened the night before, didn't mean anything. Why did that bug her so much? She had acted like it was so fine, when he figured it really wasn't. This reminded him of a talk show he had watched, were it stated usually when girls say they are fine, most times .. they actually aren't, or when a girl is quiet, she is actually thinking of a million things. Something along those lines anyways. So it did bug her. That night probally meant alot to her. Someone she barely knew, reassured he was there for her. ''Jeez." Inuyasha mumbled as he lazily got up, and stood by the fire.

"Better apologize and get this over with." Inuyasha even as calmly as he appeared was nervous as a dog in a lions pit. He checked the spring where he caught her in the nude. The boy smiled as he walked away. He checked the top of the cliff, hoping she wasn't there, and she wasn't. He finally started climbing up the cramped little steep that lead up to the feild. His feet became dirty quickly as the dirt kept crumbling as he walked. As he struggled to the top, he became relieved to find the flowers blooming in the moonlight.It was so comfortable. He became cautious not to step on Kagome if she was sleeping here. But after a few moments, he saw her sleeping on the rocks. He sat down beside her, and stared at her. She wasn't an agressive person. She was a sweetheart.

Scared to touch her again, he called her name softly. "Kagome.. Kagome.. Kagome.." His voice getting a tiny bit louder after the next. He didnt' want to wake up her in a bad mood, but it became annoying that she didn't wake up after 10 Kagome's. "KAGOME." Inuyasha said firmly, but still not even sure she'd wake up after that.

She did.

She raised her head up, and looked at Inuyasha in a daze.. She rubbed her eyes, and her nose felt a little stuffy.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, making sure she was fully awake.

Kagome didn't say anything, but then she remembered that she was supposed to be mad at him.

"You jerk! Go away!" She made an attempt to get up, but she didn't."Wait listen Kagome!""Just stop! You're such an idiot!" "I know but--"
"Please, stop Inuyasha!" her voice echoed that time."Kagome, I just wanted to tell you about last night, so you'll understand!""Inuyasha! Why do you keep doing this to me! I already know!.." her voice started to crack. "Just stop it.." She looked away, and made an attempt to leave from the scene.But Inuyasha, put his hands firmly on her face, and directed it to his.
"Listen." he said. Kagome's eyes were so big and soft, they looked like they were ready to cry.

"I'm sorry about what I said, i lied. Last night did mean something to me. I didn't want to scare you Kagome, but we have lives we have to get back too."

Kagome stared at him, not beleiving that she was actually seeing a different side of Inuyasha."I don't care! Let go of me!"

"Kagome!" Inuyasha said frustrated.

Then he kissed her. Both their hearts were racing, but they still clung onto eachother. Kagome put her hands on his hand, and pulled it closer, knowing that this was wrong. What about Hojo? Hojo.. Hojo... Inuyasha pulled away and looked at her.

"Kagome.." he started. 'I think I love you..' he thought. He stared into her eyes, knowing that they could never be with eachother.

"I'm sorry.." and he kissed her again.