InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ PS: With Love ❯ Start of sickness. ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 19.

The day ended with Inuyasha carrying the stunned Kagome back down to the encampment. She didn't say anything after they had shared a moment. He just told her he was going to take her back now, and she just nodded. Carrying her back, seemed right to him, just being with her overall did. Maybe it was just a feeling in the spurr of the moment, but still. He had placed her beside the fire, as he went to lay on the other side.

They just stared at eachother with star struck eyes. They were so confused and so scared. They didn't hate eachother, it was obvious.. but what now?
Kagome sighed lightly, and stretched out her hand across the sand, above the fire pit, towards Inuyasha. He just had his tired look on his face, as he extended his arm, and placed his hand on Kagome's. She just smiled at him, her face beautifully illuminated by the fire, as well as his. Inuyasha stared into her eyes, and could tell that they were full of questions. He wondered if Kagome could see the same in him.
She opened her mouth ever so slightly, as if about to say something but she stopped, and gave a beautiful smile, and removed her hand, as she closed her eyes.Inuyasha played with the sand a little bit, as he just watched her sleeping. She finally looked at ease, from when he last saw her like this.
He closed his eyes peacefully and the immidiate image of Kikyou came into mind. Inuyasha just stared at the mental image not sure what to think. It was a face. Kikyou's face. Why'd she appear all of a sudden. Was it his conscience? Why didn't he feel anything for it? He opened his eyes and saw Kagome still just lying there. That was the lasting image he retained until he fell asleep.

--

Inuyashas woke up silently to the morning breeze, and a cold wind. He saw Kagome still there, lying on the opposite side of him, with her head lying on her hands. She was awake. She looked so tired, so beautiful. She gave a faint smile, as Inuyasha closed his eyes and listened to her breathing. With his eyes still closed, he asked."What're you doiiing?"

Kagome just said. "Nothing, Inuyasha.. just nothing.."

Had she just been there watching him sleep? He smiled."What're you smiling at?" Kagome asked curious. Inuyasha opened his eyes and looked at her. "You're funny.""Huh? What're you talking about?" Inuyasha raised himself up and looked around. Even though it was so cold around, the faint smell of burning wood was enough to make him warm again.
Kagome still was lying down .. shivering this time.

Inuyasha looked down at her. "Are you okay?"

Kagome replied with a faint sneeze. Inuyasha crawled over her in a haste, and put his cold hand on her forehead. It was hot D:His heart quickened, knowing that if she got horribly sick, then she'd die, because they didnt have modern technology out here.

He swore under his breath. "What? What is it?" Kagome asked, worry in her voice. Inuyasha was silent. "I.. i have some Advil in my bag.." Kagome said.

Inuyasha sighed relief.