InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Puppet ❯ The Singers ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kay you know the deal I don't own Inuyasha or Lilli. So don't sue me

Puppet

The Singers

Sesshomaru could see through the almost sheer current that the Kagome girl had climbed down and was walking towards the puppet.

"Yay the pretty lady is going to talk to me!"

By this time Kagome found herself in front of the little fox boy with her hat in front of her and her suitcase and necklace besides her.

He was a very cute little fox. He had on a navy little taxi hat (those flat hats) and light green sweater with navy Khakis.

"What's your name pretty lady? Mines Shippo so what's yours huh huh?"

Startled a tad Kagome muttered her name under her breath.

"What was that pretty lady?"

"My name is Kagome."

"Kagome! That's a very pretty name for a very pretty lady."

Kagome found her self blushing.

"So why were you climbing that poll Kagome?"

Kaogme froze and struggled to think of something to say.

"Oh ah...."

Sesshomaru was shocked that his suspicions were being proved true.

"Um I was just...."

"Were you going to hurt yourself Kagome?"

"Uh I…?" Kagome slumped her shoulders and looked to the ground in shame

"You were weren't you? I knew it. You feel alone. Like you have no one in the world right?"

Kagome was shocked this little boy seemed to be reading her like a book. She stared deep into his bright green eyes and felt her eyes begin to water.

"Yes." She chocked out through her tears which began to fail as her painful memories returned.

"Don't cry Kagome I will be your friend"

"Huh? Really you would want to be my friend?" Kagome said while rubbing at her tear streaked face.

"Sure! Who wouldn't? Your pretty and nice what else could I want in a friend."

"But you barely know me how can you be sure you will even like me."

"Oh I can tell trust me I am pretty good at reading people."

"Thank you Shippo."

"For what?"

"For wanting to be my friend."

"Oh okay! Shippo smiled really broadly"

Kagome giggled at the sight of his smile.

"So what she would do now" Shippo asked.

"Um I don't know." Kagome said with a tinge of sadness.

"Are you still sad Kagome?"

"No!" Kagome said with the fakest looking smile he had ever seen.

`She's is lying. Poor girl she is really messed up right now what can I do to cheer her up. Think man! I know!'

"How about we sing a song Kaogme.That always cheers me up."

"Okay Shippo that does sound fun what song should we sing."

"You pick!"

"Okay umm do you now the song Hi-lili, Hi-low?"

"Who doesn't! You start and I will jump in okay!"

"Okay! Here I go!"

A song of love is a sad song, Hi-Lili, Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo

`My god she has a beautiful voice. (Sigh) To bad I have to join in and can't enjoy it.'

A song of love is a song of woe

Shippo's sweet but strangely mature sounding voice joined in.

`He is really good.' thought Kagome.

Don't ask me how I know

Unknown to the two friends there late night singing was attracting the curiosity of some of the other circus members.


A song of love is a sad song

For I have loved and it's so

Sesshomaru noticed Kagome eyes starting to glaze over as if she was in deep thought and the beginning of a frown starting to mar her pretty face.

`Pretty!? Where the hell did that come from! You have been calling her pretty this whole time. Shut up that was just to cheer her up. Sure it was. Go away! Fine but you can't fight the truth.'

`Sesshomaru surfaced from his mental musings and had Shippo grabs Kagome's hands and began to rock them back and forth to the rhythm of the song.'

`Good that made her smile.'

I sit at the window and watch the rain, Hi-Lili, Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo

Tomorrow I'll probably love again, Hi-Lili, Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo.

By this time Keade had come out of her trailer and was standing in her robe watching the two oblivious singers with all of the other circus members.

A song of love is a sad song

For I have loved and it's so

I sit at the window and watch the rain, Hi-Lili, Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo

Tomorrow I'll probably love again, Hi-Lili----Hi-Lili----Hi-Lo.

When the two reached the end of there song they both nearly had a heart attack when everyone started clapping and praising them.

Sesshomaru: `When did they get here? I didn't sense them was I really that unaware this isn't good.'

Keade walked up to Kaogme and shook her hand.

"Kagome my child you have a heavenly voice!"

"Please Keade it's not that great. Kagome said blushing at all the sudden attention."

"Yes it is child! As a matter of fact if ye could do this same thing every night I would be willing to let ye stay on at the circus and pay ye a decent salary for your skills."

"I don't know what to say?" Stuttered Kagome.

"Say yes Kagome!" yelled an excited Shippo. "Then we can stay friends forever!"

"Okay Shippo for you I will stay and accept Keade's offer." Kagome said while smiling down at the young boy.

"Yay!" yelled Shippo as he smiled like a jackal

Everyone around began to giggle even Kagome.

Keade even managed to laugh a little but stared at the curtain Sesshomaru was hidden behind.

`I wonder what you are up to now Sesshomaru. Guess I will just have to wait and see.'

Okay people who are reading this if any are Tell me what you think should I have the guys be demons are not it is up to you I can work it either way. So please review tell me what you think of the story and your answer to that question. Byes Shippochan