InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Purity 6: Shameless ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~Epilogue~~
 
~September 1, 2064~
~New York City, New York~
 
 
Jillian giggled as Gavin sank down on the edge of the bed. “Okay . . . I brought all the bags up. We can unpack them tomorrow,” he said as he leaned in to kiss Jillian's cheek.
 
“Okay,” she agreed, stifling a wide yawn with the back of her hand. They'd caught a late flight back to the city, and after waiting in line for their luggage, it was well after midnight when they'd finally stumbled through the doors of Gavin's apartment. “I miss the ranch already.”
 
Gavin grinned. “I do, too.”
 
“Can we go back soon?”
 
He shrugged. “When I get some time off,” he agreed.
 
“Okay,” she relented though she didn't look as though she really liked his answer. “I don't suppose you'll ever give up and just run around the apartment naked,” she mused, catching the waistband of his briefs and rubbing her finger along his hip under the elastic.
 
Gavin blushed—being Jillian's mate for well over a month hadn't alleviated that little nuisance—and wrinkled his nose. “It's chilly in here,” he informed her.
 
She rolled her eyes and pushed herself up. “Fine excuse, Gavin Jamison.”
 
“It's the truth, Jillian Jamison.”
 
She broke into a wide grin at the sound of her new name. “Why don't you come here, and I'll warm you up.”
 
He chuckled but leaned in to kiss her, pushing her back against the pillows with a playful growl. “That a promise?”
 
She laughed. “Yes.”
 
“Mmm.”
 
She sighed as he kissed her again, nibbling on her lips as her eyes drifted closed. Suddenly, she pushed at his shoulders and sat up, a thoughtful frown replacing the smile that had been there mere moments before.
 
“Jilli?” he asked, shaking his head since he wasn't quite sure exactly what had just happened.
 
She made a face, leaning to the side to peer around his shoulders. “I can't,” she whispered.
 
Gavin blinked. “You can't? Can't, what?”
 
“You know . . . that!” she hissed, pinning him with an imploring look that he probably should have understood but didn't.
 
“That?” he echoed. “What are you talking about?”
 
She grimaced, scrunching up her shoulders and hiding her face against Gavin's chest. “They're staring at us.”
 
Eyebrows disappearing under the thick fringe of his bangs, Gavin shook his head. “Who are?”
 
She shook her head but didn't look up. “Your dolls!
 
Gavin blinked, turning and looking over his shoulder at the enclosed glass shelves that held his Star Wars collectible action figures. “They're action figures, Jilli,” he corrected with a chuckle, “and they're not staring at you . . .”
 
She wrinkled her nose again but finally leaned back to pin him with a no-nonsense look. “They have movable arms, legs, and heads, right?”
 
“Right,” he agreed slowly.
 
She rolled her eyes, frowning as she ducked her head to hide herself from the action figures' view. “Then they're dolls, and I could have sworn that we've had this discussion before.”
 
Gavin laughed outright at the chagrined expression on her face. “Okay, but they're plastic . . .”
 
She shook her head. “It doesn't matter! They all have eyes, and those eyes are staring at us!”
 
He couldn't help the soft chuckle that escaped him at the utterly forlorn look on his mate's face. “Okay, Jilli . . . do you want me to get them out of here?”
 
She bit her lip and scrunched up her shoulders a little more before jerking her head once in a nod.
 
“First thing in the morning,” he agreed.
 
“Thank you,” she said, then proceeded to roll over in bed, dragging the blankets up to her chin and turning away before burying her head in the downy pillows.
 
Gavin sighed, the message clear: she really wasn't going to do a thing with him so long as the action figures were `staring' at her. Grinning, he tossed his legs over the side of the bed and stood up, heading out of the bedroom with every intention of finding a box to put the action figures in. He'd stick them in his office for now and move the display cabinet in the morning.
 
The telephone drew him up short, and he veered to the left, grabbing the handset out of the charging cradle before glancing at the caller ID and hitting the button to connect the call. “Hello?”
 
“Sorry to call so late,” Cain Zelig apologized. “How was your flight?”
 
“Uneventful . . .”
 
“Good.” Cain sighed. “I just wanted to call and let you know that Mickey B. has agreed to plead guilty on all charges of stalking as well as forced entry and destruction of property on the ranch. The case against him is too solid. He's afraid that a jury would nail his balls to the wall.”
 
“Yeah? Good . . .”
 
Cain took his time replying, making Gavin feel more than a bit reluctant to hear whatever else Cain wanted to tell him. “Yeah . . . and I've decided to exile Dr. Avis. The rest of his lackeys have been taken care of . . . I don't think that Dr. Avis poses a threat anymore.”
 
Gavin nodded, loathe to broach the subject but wanting to state Jillian's wishes on the matter. “About that . . .” he began, clearing his throat since he had a feeling that Cain wasn't going to like what he had to say. “Jilli . . . she wants to talk to Dr. Avis again. She wants to hear everything he knows about her biological parents.”
 
Cain grunted, sounding wholly displeased but completely resigned to the idea. “Yeah, I figured she would.”
 
Gavin grimaced, understanding Cain's ambivalence. Not only had Dr. Avis masterminded Jillian's kidnapping, but as the only father that Jillian had ever known, it had to be killing Cain deep down. “I told her that I was going with her. There's no way in hell I'd let her walk in there by herself.”
 
“I didn't expect you would,” Cain allowed. He sighed, an entirely defeated sort of sound. Gavin grimaced. “Let me get him relocated first. The Australian tai-youkai's agreed to allow him into his jurisdiction.”
 
“Okay,” Gavin said. “Cain?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“She . . . she said that she didn't want you or Gin to be upset. She just wants to know . . .”
 
“I know.”
 
Gavin nodded. “Yeah.”
 
Cain sighed again, and Gavin could hear the faint creak of the office chair that stood behind Cain's huge desk. “I'll let you go. I just wanted to let you know what's going on.”
 
Hanging up the phone, Gavin couldn't help the scowl that furrowed his brow. Jillian had been so worried that Cain and Gin would be upset about her desire to speak to Dr. Avis again. Gavin hadn't known what to think. On the one hand, he was the only person that knew her parents. On the other, the man had her kidnapped just for the bio-chip she hadn't even realized she carried. He wasn't sure he was too fond of the idea of letting Jillian talk to Avis again, himself, but for Cain the idea had to be so much more difficult to swallow . . . what else could he have done?
 
Letting out a deep breath, Gavin grabbed an empty box out of the closet by the front door and headed back toward the bedroom again. Jillian was nowhere to be seen, and he frowned as he glanced around the room. With a soft click, the bathroom door opened, and Jillian emerged with an impish grin on her face. Gavin sucked in a sharp breath as she slowly turned around, modeling a metal bikini that closely resembled the one that Princess Leia had worn in Return of the Jedi while being held captive by Jabba the Hutt . . . “Wh . . . where did you get that?” he breathed as the box slipped out of his hand and tumbled onto the floor.
 
She smiled sweetly, striking a provocative pose as she batted her eyelashes at him. “Evan sent it as a late wedding present,” she said. “It was in my fortune cookie . . . you fantasized about Princess Lei-me?”
 
The blush that crept up his features was nothing compared to the fierce urge to grab Jillian and kiss her silly. “I fantasized about you,” he mumbled, cheeks reddening even more.
 
She giggled. “I love Evan's gifts!”
 
Gavin snorted since they'd spent the rest of their time in Montana acting out the things written in the fortune cookies that Jillian had found in the closet. Once she'd gotten a hold of those, there had been no stopping her . . . not that Gavin was really complaining. He certainly wasn't . . .
 
She sauntered over, draping her arms around Gavin's neck, pulling him down into a lingering kiss that burned his blood and drew a ragged groan from him. “What . . . about . . . the . . . eyes . . .?” he mumbled between kisses.
 
Jillian laughed and pulled away, casting a meaningful look over Gavin's shoulder. Still dazed from the barrage of desire that gripped him, he glanced back and laughed. “You turned them all to face the wall?” he drawled with a raised eyebrow.
 
She nodded, slipping her arms around his neck. “Yes.”
 
“Even Artoo . . . he doesn't have eyes, you know.”
 
“No, but he taped that holographic message from Princess Leia, remember? That's even worse.”
 
Gavin chuckled. “True enough . . . bet Evan would love that. He'd want an Artoo-unit of his own . . .”
 
Leaning forward, Jillian's tongue darted out to flick against the roughened flesh of his neck. He shuddered, closing his eyes as he rubbed her back. “Let's not talk about Evan, hmm?”
 
“O-okay,” he muttered, his mind slipping away as the magic of Jillian infiltrated his system. She was impossible to ignore: his best friend, his reason, his sanity.
 
“I love you,” she whispered, the words lingering on his lips like the morning dew.
 
“I love you more,” he murmured, scooping her up and carrying her over to the bed, pausing every few steps to kiss her, to hold her, to cherish her. “My Jilli . . . my mate . . .”
 
She sighed against his lips, pulling him down when he lowered her onto the bed. Clasping his face in her hands, as she kissed his eyes, his lips, his chin, she smiled sweetly, eyes glowing softly in the dim light of the bedroom.
 
“My Gavvie,” she said with a gentle smile. “My hero.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
July 14, 2006.
4:38 a.m.
 
 
~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~ =~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~
A/N:
Star Wars, Princess Leia, Jabba the Hutt, Return of the Jedi, and Artoo-Detoo belong to George Lucas, et al.
 
The prologue for Purity 7: Avouchmenthas been posted:
http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/125772/
 
First, however, I am going to finish writing and posting A Purity Short: The Fairy Tale, which can be found here:
http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/124595/
 
== == == == == == == == == ==
Reviewers
==========
MMorg
Deceptress (yeah, yeah … your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me … mwahahahahhaha!) ------- Sweetprincess 17 ------ JasonC ------ inuyashaloverr ------ itsaKTASTROPHE ------- leeksandmisosoup ------ savvy_rae
==========
Forum Reviews
Deceptress ------ Cutechick18 ------ SilverStarWing ------ My Own Self
==========
Final Thought fromGavin:
Her hero, huh
==========
Blanket disclaimer for this fanfic (will apply to this and all other chapters in Shameless): I do not claim any rights to InuYashaor the characters associated with the anime/manga. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi, et al. I do offer my thanks to her for creating such vivid characters for me to terrorize.
 
~Sue~