InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Quarter-Demon ❯ Violent Hanyou ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Quarter-Demon

Chapter Seven: Violent Hanyou

By Kurohi Tatsaki

"speaking" ***POV switch/Passing of Time {sounds} [thinking] ******dreams end/begin

Disclaimer: No matter what, I don't own Inu-Yasha. The only ones that I DO own are the sons and daughter of Inu-Yasha IN THIS FIC! E-mail/review if you want to use them, and I'll probably let you if you give me credit for the character(s)!

Character submitted by Scarby from fanfiction.net. I now have full rights to him.

----------------------------------------

The flames flickered in the dark night. Some of the group gazed into its dance. Others completely ignored it, finding slumber much more appealing.

Kurohi, for one, was the only one of few paying attention to its dance. However, it told him of love lost, and pain found, and he hated it. If love had such pain, he didn't want love. But, he had tasted false sweetness, so how could he judge?

He snorted at those flames, causing them to flash dangerously back in his face, giving his angry visage an orange glow. [How dare she! I trusted her, and she shunned me for showing that trust! What a bitch!

[Last time I become attached to a ningen like that!]

His eyes flicked to Celia. She was a strange one; he also didn't like the way she spoke. Such truth was like venom to his dark doggy ears.

He frowned; no way he would kill her, anyway. She had shards AND didn't seem like a half-bad fighter.

Kurohi stood quickly, receiving many stares from everyone else - including his siblings. He gave the two of them "the look" and strode away.

He wanted some alone time. He needed to sort his brain out before it picked itself to shreds.

The male strode softly through the forest, feet barely making noise. He felt drowsy, but didn't feel like sleeping. He looked around him, curious eyes taking everything of the night inside his memory.

If he didn't play his cards right, he would be dead once this adventure was over.

For some reason, he didn't want that. Usually, he'd think that he didn't care if he lived or not due to things out of his control. Let someone *else* worry, but...

But this *was* in his control. He had so much power over his own existence he feared that he would wind up never existing, and all that would happen probably once he crossed back over, to his time.

He came out of the small patch of forestry and came upon more plains. He closed his eyes to the world around him, breathing softly. He enjoyed this scent - the scent of pine and grass.

It seemed, out of nowhere, he suddenly sensed something...

His blue flashed open -- [Above me?!] -- and looked up.

His eyes caught a flicker of red hair. The owner of the hair landed before him. Glittering, star-colored eyes glared back at him. He was taller than the younger hanyou by only four inches. His muscles were slightly larger, which Kurohi could sense through the male's deep crimson haori, and the hanyou's fangs glistened in the starlight.

[Oh my god...] thought Kurohi, his eyes half-closed. [I'm too far away. I'm going to have to fight him on my own...]

He had two furry golden ears, which were focused on him and him alone.

"Who are you?" asked Kurohi. The golden ears flicked at his voice.

"Kasei. You insisted on an introduction - your name is what?" he snapped, flexing his claws. He wanted a fight - he wanted a fight NOW! This demon seemed the perfect prey! [That voice sounds strange...]

"Boku wa Kurohi," uttered the male in his soft voice.

This voice didn't ring well with his golden ears. It irritated the shit out of him. [What an annoying, girlish voice!! You want me to do a favor and rip out your voice box?!!!!] "Kurohi, huh?" he echoed with a frown. "Maa, time for you to die!"

[Die?--]

"Tsume no Hi!!" His flaming claws came down on Kurohi, cutting off his thoughts.

Kurohi jumped back and his left eye squinted as blood oozed from his burnt cheek. He winced and glared at his opponent. His claws twitched and he growled with bottled-up aggression.

Inside, the one called Kasei nearly drooled at the sight of that red life-fluid. [That's it. Bleed. Oh, that look in your eyes. I like that. I wonder if you'll look like that when you die?] He lashed again, but with a flaming sword created of his own essence. Kurohi jumped back again and drew his sword; it bent itself as soon as he drew it only to immediately parry it against the flaming blade, holding it at bay. The flames licked at his face, sprinkling the pale skin with ash as he was slowly pushed back.

[At this rate, I'm going to have my head cut off!] He gritted his teeth, baring fangs. [I... I can't let him kill me!!] "Get back, you bastard!!" He pressed forward, face getting dangerously close to the blades. He growled and pressed further.

Against this, Kasei did the same. [He's strong. I wonder who taught this kid to fight! I'll be honored to beat him if he can manage to even wound me!]

"Why do you fight me?!" demanded the younger hanyou. The flames came close enough to caress his face, drying it out with its touch and making the area become even more red and irritable. His large blue eyes looked positively demonic with the fire blazing against them, and his fangs glistened. "I haven't done anything! At least, nothing I know of! So, why?!!"

"I was bored!" laughed the half-demon "You did nothing! Now stop talking and fight me, you WIMP! My granny's stronger than you, and she's DEAD!"

"Kisama~~!!" He lashed out with twice his strength, knocking his red-haired opponent back. He lunged again, slashing upward.

The tip caught Kasei in his right cheek. Blood bottled up against the tear. He smirked at the brunette, platinum, and ivory-haired half-demon. "You think a little scratch will harm me?" [He managed to cut me... I'm impressed.]

"No, but it's a start. I wouldn't be where I am now if that's the best I could do."

"True."

"Shall I continue to fight you as I am now?" Kurohi asked audaciously, with a smirk.

Kasei paused. "What do you mean?"

"I can fight you as a youkai at any time I wish, you know. Now, have at you!" He dashed forward. [I really don't care for you to answer that. That's why I'm lashing right back at you. Then again, you don't know that, do you?]

"Kurohi! Where'd ya go ya brat?!" hollered a familiar voice.

Kurohi paused mid-lunge and landed on his face in the tall grass. He sat up. [Inu-Yasha...] He frowned, then hollered, "I'll be there in a second!!"

He turned to Kasei and smirked. "Come with us. I'm afraid we'll have to finish this dispute another time. Besides, come with us, and you won't be so bored." He grinned lightly and held out his hand. "Truce? At least for the night?" [Why am I asking him to stay...? Wouldn't it just be easier to make him run away?]

Kasei walked forward and grasped that hand with a frown. "Truce. Now, who's calling you?"

"Inu-Yasha," he muttered. He turned his head and was greeted by a golden gaze. "Were you following me?" he asked his dad.

"Kagome got worried," was all he said.

"Oh, so, now you're her platinum retriever?" retorted Kurohi mockingly. Ooohhh, he soooo loved to torment his "daddy".

The silver-haired one frowned. "Why you--!" He lunged at his to-be son, claws out.

"OSUWARI!"

Two "KA-WHAMS" came out of that. The first was Inu-Yasha. The second was from Nekome, who had been sitting on a tree branch the whole time. Needless to say, the branch broke, and *didn't* help his fall.

"AAAAAACK! MOTHERFUCKER! Whad di' I do?!!" demanded Nekome, spitting out bark, dirt, and leaves in the process. His white hair was mussed and his gold eyes held a glare.

Kurohi blinked and laughed, "Thank gawd I don't have Prayer Beads around MY neck!" [THAT would be hell, and I wouldn't be able to use "sit".]

"Prayer Beads make the wearer fall to the ground if the one with the charm says, /sit/?" asked his opponent. He was curious - this was definitely an odd group.

Kurohi nodded at his enemy. "Yes. I think you're gonna need to get used to it."

Kasei nodded in silence, awestruck that a woman of such frailty could "sit" a hanyou just like the both of them.

Maybe, this boy was a good opponent, after all...

***

Now, there was another addition that even woke up Shippou. He stared at the newcomer. He was a feline, that was for sure, and he looked pissed.

A demon who wanted to kill the son of Inu-Yasha.

Kurohi sent a glare over the top of the fire.

Kagome blinked at this exchange; she remained silent. She had a feeling that there had been a fight, considering that the both of them had a cut on their cheek - Kurohi's on his left, Kasei's on his right. They must not have gotten too far, as their clothes were still intact. Kurohi's were slightly charred at the ends. Kasei's were fine.

Kasei replied a glare over the top of the fire. No way he would lose to this kid! He would NOT be proved weaker than this child! ...But, weren't they about the same age?

Glare... Kurohi didn't blink. His blue eyes were slightly tightened.

Glare... Kasei didn't blink, either. His gaze was calm, but with loathing. He would NOT lose!

Glare... The first son of Inu-Yasha blinked once, then yawned with his eyes open, which still glared back at the older hanyou.

Glare... The hanyou with the Japanese name of "Mars" stared right back. This stupid mutt! Then again, he was kinda a mutt, too, but at least HIS hair was ONE color!

Glare... Maybe Kurohi heard that silent remark. His eyes narrowed further; his body tensed. Fuck the pact - Kurohi wanted to kick his ass RIGHT here, RIGHT now!

Growl... The older half-demon let loose his first rumble.

Celia looked between the two and sighed softly. She shook her blond head in exasperation. [Males...] She glanced at them one last time before stretching out and going to bed.

Growl... Kurohi stood up and glared down, growling louder. He couldn't take this!

Glare... Kasei made no move to stand. He glared silently. Boy, did he love to piss off this hanyou! He was so easy!

Kurohi snorted. "This is boring."

The redhead nodded in agreement. His red hair reached the middle of his back. Near the front, it spiked outwardly and then reached the center of his face. His ears twitched; his silver-starlight gaze simply staring right back at the blue-eyed one. "Wanna fight again, wimp?"

"Oi, you only scratched me ONCE!" replied Kurohi, turning the put-down back at the other hanyou. His body was fired up for battle, but his mind was just about ready to shut down. To be honest, he didn't wanna have a mental quarrel like this just yet - no, just not right this second. He was so sleepy...

"As well as burned part of your haori," added Kasei. These quarrels kept his mind ready and active, but his body was a little worn-out from his journeying for fights. At the time, he didn't wanna run into another fist-fight. He was pooped.

"So?" asked Kurohi. [Kutabare.]

"Also, as well as some of your face," finished Kasei. He loved being right. Especially when the proof was right in their faces. He grinned at this.

Miroku looked from one male to the other, blinking his dark blue eyes in confusion. [What an interesting onslaught. I should have found some things to bet with Inu-Yasha. At least HE'D wanna see some action.]

Kagome stood up and walked over to where the resting, platinum-haired hanyou lay, which was a decent distance from everyone else. She sat down next to before lying down. She rested her head on his shoulder and her eyes slid shut. [I hope I can get to sleep before the screaming starts.]

"Mild. It doesn't hurt," calmly replied Kurohi. [It only hurts like the time when mom told me not to touch the cookie pan 'cuz it was hot... and then I did it anyway.]

"I didn't *ask* if you were okay!" hotly retorted Kasei. He finally stood up and tightened his fist. In the back of his mind, he was aware his fighting spirit was going out of control.

"It was implied when you mentioned it."

Kasei's eyes widened. "No way!"

"Way." Kurohi was tired, but not so tired that he couldn't do a fight like this. He knew jusssst what to say.

"Uh-uh!" replied the other hanyou, growling.

"Uh-huh!" Kurohi's face came closer to the fire.

"Iya!" Kasei stepped forward, growling.

"Un!"

"Iya!"

By now, they were both "grrrrrring" together, at once, and their faces hovering mere inches over the flames. It was a wonder that their side locks didn't get burned.

"Un!"

"Iya!"

"Un!"

"Iya!"

"Un!"

"Iya!"

"Iya!"

"Un... Nani?!!" Kasei blinked his surprise and fell on his butt. He yawned. "How did you.. urrrgh! Do that again and I'll kick your ass!"

"Really? How? You didn't really hurt me last time, so go fuck yourself!!"

An extremely pissed-off Kasei jumped over the fire and landed on Kurohi. The captive, in turn, struggled against the hanyou, who managed to pin down his wrists, use his weight to hold down his midsection, and used his ankles to pin down his knees. The captor smirked. "Got you. Now, what am I gonna do with you...?"

Kurohi frowned. "How about /nothing/?"

The captor shook his head at his prisoner. "No, no, no. I couldn't *possibly* do that!" Holding both the boy's wrists in one hand, he fidgeted around his pocket for something.

Eyes wide, the younger hanyou twisted his body to one side. "No-no-no-no!" Kasei yelped in surprise as he was sent to his back. *No* one bested him!

Panting, Kurohi bit out, "No one.. I repeat... *no one* tries to undo a truce while *I'm* around. *Especially* when it was *my* idea and when *I'm* exhausted!"

"YOU'RE tired?!! What about ME?!!!" he whined.

The captor snorted; eyes lowering slightly. "What *about* you?"

The redheaded hanyou growled loudly, baring fangs. "Get OFF me!" he ordered.

"YOU pinned me in the first place!" reasoned the ex-uke. "Leave me the fuck alone!" With that, Kurohi stood up, and ran far from there, footsteps echoing softly as he went.

~~~~~~

Kurohi stared at the waterfall in silence. He sat at the edge of the lake that lay at the bottom of the falls.

Who, exactly, *was* Kasei? A redheaded, star-color-eyed hanyou with the powers of fire? One that constantly wanted to fight; one with a heated attitude, no less?

[I mean... I really don't get him,] he thought wearily, yawning. [He's strange and obnoxious. He thinks he's better than anyone else, especially better than me, when, in fact, it seems, were just about equal in strength.

[I just hope he doesn't get bored or something and decides that he wants to kill Inu-Yasha. I can't bear to see him die again.]

A shiver ripped through his being. He pulled his haori tighter against himself. [The bastard...]

He paused as he continued to stare at the waterfall's shiny skin, which flickered and deformed with each wave. For water, it was a very beautiful sight, especially with that bit of moon shining down upon it.

He yawned for a longer period of time.

[Then again, we just met, and we're enemies. We're going to fight, and one of us will win. We shall see who is better! He'll see! He'll see!]

"He..'ll... see..."

Sleep took his mind, he slumped forward, and he passed out as his head collided with the dirt, his body close to the lake.

******

He was on a cliff of some kind. Tall and proud. He looked down, and saw darkness swirling around his feet, where he stood.

"Doko...?"

"Kurohi! Over here!"

He blinked and looked up. "K-Kasei..?" he murmured.

The redhead nodded. "Get your ass over here before you die!"

There was a tingling sensation at his feet. He looked down and saw that the darkness had pooled up to his ankles. He looked back up and met silver eyes with his own. He stepped forward, stumbled, on something beneath the layers of the dark, and fell into - he didn't know where, but it seemed like a deeper end of the darkness.

It felt like water; his ears flattened against his head as he struggled to find where "up" and "down" were. His eyes fluttered open, but he saw red, and he squeezed his eyes shut as the salty fluid tried to taint his vision. The mild pain caused him to grunt slightly, thus losing more air and time for him to get out.

He was floating in that sea, and he held whatever breath left he had stored for dear life.

Red female eyes glared back at him.

[K-Kagura...!!]

"Welcome to my sea of blood."--

[I rather figured that,] thought Kurohi.

--"I hope you're prepared to have your mind devoured by my cursed jewel shards. Poor thing... he's young, too." Her eyes disappeared.

Images of the past eagerly rushed forth. He saw his training with his father. He saw the demons he had been trained to kill in America. He saw the humans' lost lives as he merely did his job.

Then, a few started to speak at him. One of which was a friend for a month, then he ditched him. "Remember the time you were so pissed off, you hit the teacher, and knocked him out the window? You'll repent that!"

"What about the first time you bullied someone?" asked a girl. "You were sooo mean! I'll make you live to regret it!"

"That girl, Azenhikari - you gave her your trust; you were a fool to trust her in the first place!" spoke a voice that took on a demonic form of his own. "She's a human! A mortal! If anything, you're anything BUT completely mortal! You're NOT a human; you're NOT a demon; you're NOT a half-demon! Some icky mix in-between! Who could ever want you?!!"

[Who could ever... want... me...? What are you... speaking of?]

"Kurohi no baka!" continued that demon voice. "NEVER trust humans! They're sneaky, devilish little bastards! You're not worthy to even THINK you can walk around with them! You're below them, you dog-boy! No one's ever liked you, so are you going to cry like last time?!"

[Cry...? What...]

Something suddenly touched his ankle and he yelped in surprise. He gagged and coughed as he took in a breath, but the blood taken in between coughs was a bit too much. Unconsciousness started to take his mind. Blue eyes wide open in terror, then slammed shut in pain with a grunt coming from his throat The world behind his eyelids went dark.

Slowly, his consciousness shut down, but he was sort of aware. His ears slowly lost their senses to both the water and his oncoming drowsiness.

[So... tired...

[Some..one... help... me...

He paused.

[I don't... wanna... die......]

----------------------------------------

Kutabare = Fuck you


Finished 8/30/03 Revised: 6:36PM, June 29, 2004