InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Quarter-Demon ❯ The Pervert & the Crestfallen Puppy ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Quarter-Demon

Chapter Six: The Pervert & the Crestfallen Puppy

By Kurohi Tatsaki

"speaking" ~~~~~~POV switch ***Passing of Time {sounds} [thinking].

Disclaimer: No matter what, I don't own Inu-Yasha. The only ones that I DO own are the sons and daughter of Inu-Yasha IN THIS FIC! E-mail/review if you want to use them, and I'll probably let you if you give me credit for the character(s)!

----------------------------------------

***That late afternoon...***

Flattening my ears to my head, I peeked over the bushes. I heard Miroku near me and flicked one gold eye toward him. He was crouched low on a tree branch, blue eyes alive with anticipation. His staff lay on the ground at the base of the tree. My claws gripped a small shrub under me to keep the rest of my body from lunging at the girls in the lake.

Kagome and Sango were bathing and had ordered us to NOT interrupt their bath. Hmph. Yeah right, like I was gonna listen to THEM! They can just screw off!

Ho----t... ho------------t...... HOT!!!

I wiped my mouth with my sleeve and I panted quietly. My gaze wandered almost teasingly down Sango's cream-colored neck and shoulders, working its way to--

"OSUWARI!!"

B-TANNNNNNNNG!

"Mmphf...?!!" I kissed the earth and growled low in my throat. I had been sooooooo close!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMM!

"Aaaaaaaouch!!"

I snickered as the image of Sango hitting Miroku over the head with her Hiraikotsu entered my mind.

Well, at least I saw her--

I glanced up at Sango, who held her giant Hiraikotsu over her head threateningly. She got an evil grin on her blushing face and let the weapon do the beating for her.

WHACK!! WHACK!! WHAM!! WHACK!!

"ITAI YO!! Waaaaa!!!! Yamero! Yamero, KUDASAIIII~!" I howled.

"Nekome!"

I growled and rubbed the growing bump on my head. I growled and swallowed to soothe my parched throat due to my outburst. "*What?*" I looked up and a blushing, toweled Sango - still holding her Hiraikotsu over her head - stayed in my view.

"You don't get the girl by drooling over her body - not only that, I'm SUPPOSED to be older than you and not around your age!"

I chuckled. "Whatever." She is butch, yes? Very mean lady. I stood up and walked past Kagome, who had sat me. I dashed across the treetops and out of sight. Treetops fled beneath my running feet and eventually collapsed tiredly to a pond...

~~~~~~

Green-colored shoes blended in slightly with the grass below his feet. Red pants swept across his legs and touched the base of his tail with every sluggish stride. His hands were hidden from view by his super-long red sleeves of his haori. His arms were crossed against his stomach. He had a mop of brown hair. Some parts were tipped with white or black. His black ears drooped from their normally upright position.

The woman with two shards followed closely behind him, keeping a keen pink eye out on him.

He had been pretending for his so-called girlfriend, Azenhikari. He should have shown her his true form earlier. Then again, was what she had claimed true?

Dumping him on the spot...

His ears folded themselves against his head; his head bowed even more. He ferociously resisted the urge to make a keening noise high in his throat. [Shit, I was so fuckin' screwed from the beginning. Love bites harder than it should...]

"Do that too much and you'll get lines on your neck, faker."

He wasn't in the mood. "Urusei..." [Where the fuck does she get off calling me a "faker"?!!! I haven't lied about anything!!]

"Just make me, kid!"

"KID?!" his head shot up and he glared daggers at her. "I'm a young adult, thank you very much!"

"Well, if you weren't so BLIND, maybe you could also see that you're ALSO an immature asshole!"

"NAN DA TO?!! KISAMA--"

"Brother!"

Kurohi blinked and crouched down, snorting at his interruption. "Seishin! You feeling better?"

The girl giggled and hugged her brother around the neck. "Of course! Ooohhh, who's your new girlfriend?"

He went beet red, but she couldn't see it. She was looking at the girl behind him.

Replying almost calmly, he said, "She's NOT my girlfriend! We just met!" He paused. "Besides, if I DID like her, you wouldn't hear the end of it."

"Ah, so this is your sister, Seishin-chan..." murmured the strange lady, approaching the embracing siblings.

She hopped out of her brother's hold and nodded at the strange woman. "Yep! He must REALLY like you for him to tell you about me so quickly!"

"Eh-heh-heh-heh-heh..." chuckled the brother nervously. [Sure, I like you, but only if "like" means "gives me the willies".]

She wrinkled her nose and looked back at her brother. "You don't smell right. Something wrong?"

He sighed and stood. "Nan demo.. nai..." He continued on his way. [Please leave me alone...]

~~~~~~

"Hey, Inu-Yasha."

The hanyou yawned sleepily and looked down at the miko. "Kagome? What're you doing here?"

She set her backpack down by the tree's roots, and, with slight difficulty, climbed up the branches. Standing on a branch near the hanyou's she eyed the sky cheerfully, a smile on her face. "Wow, no wonder you like it up here. It's a lovely view..."

"Could you stop beatin' 'round the bush and get to the damn point?"

She chuckled. "I just can't believe Kurohi, Nekome, and Seishin are our future children..." She eyed him with a small smile. "Pretty interesting, ne? They're so adorable." [I can't believe I'm talking to Inu-Yasha about this.] She sat down next to him. Inu-Yasha closed his gold eyes and rested them. His ears remained at alert. "In fact, Nekome and Seishin seem to have your eyes."

"...I didn't notice that..." murmured the hanyou thoughtfully, staring out into the sky.

Kagome touched the tip of one of his ears. It flicked in response.

"Mmm..." purred the white-haired half-dog-demon, closing his eyes.

The miko then rubbed the ear with a few fingertips, making him purr contentedly, and her palm ended up cradling the side of his head. He purred softly and one eye slid up. "Kagome... dou shite... Why are you touching my ears again...?" he mumbled, sleepy from the treatment his ears had received.

The ebony-haired woman rested her forehead against the top of his albino one. She closed her soft brown eyes. "Well... you've rescued me so many times... many more than I can count, in fact... and......" She paused.

Inu-Yasha sighed softly as she took back to gently massaging his ears. "And?" he inquired, hearing Kagome's heart speed up.

"...I realize I've become a lot more than attached to you over time. More so than I can admit..."

"Kagome..." Both eyes were open. His thoughts from a while back echoed in his mind. [... and without realizing it, it felt so natural, having Kagome there... It makes sense... I...] "Kago-"

"No, no, don't interrupt..." she uttered, placing a finger against the hanyou's petal-soft lips. "I have to... I *need* to say this..." She closed her eyes and took a cleansing breath, her heart thudding in her chest. She opened her orbs at the end of the action. Her chocolate eyes met gold. "...Inu-Yasha... I love you..."

The hanyou blinked slowly. His first love had indeed been Kikyou, but his mind was NOT on that dead woman in the slightest. "Ka...Kagome..." His ears bent slightly and a slight blush cascaded across his cheeks. [She loves me! I can't believe it... after all the things I've said... after all the things I've done... she still...] "Ai shiteru, Kago--"

"Oi! I'm NOT a child, dimwit!! HEY!!! YAMEROOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Kurohi had shouted that protest just before he flitted under them, being chased by two girls. One was Seishin, and the other was a much taller woman. It seemed she was shorter than Kurohi. She was a blonde. She carried a full bucket of water and happened to be chasing him with it, the liquid miraculously retaining inside the confines of the barrel.

She had him cornered and dumped the cold fluid on his head and chest; the flood of water splattered all the way down his abdomen and legs. His tail was all but spared, and was only half-saturated with the wet stuff. His hair immediately lost its gravity-defying grip and flopped as one waterfall of black and white-tipped brown hair. It remained behind him, settling to the middle of his shoulder blades in soft-looking waves.

"You screwed up my hair, god dammit!!! Awwww, this is just *great!*" His claws tugged at the soft locks, trying to pull them back into place. It was a futile attempt to reverse gravity on his hair.

"You told my brother to not talk like that in front of me! You used the /s/ word on him! IF I COULD, I'D **SIT** YOU!!!"

The hanyou suddenly fell to the ground from his high perch, taking Kagome with him, and he made a HUUUUUUUGE crater. Once he could move, he sat up, spitting out dirt - but knowing that Kagome was okay because she landed on top of him - and he screwed his face up in anger. "Hey! Kagome and I were in the middle of something!! Come back..." He noticed the woman. "...oi! Who are ya, ya wench?!" he demanded, getting up and stepping so they were eye-to-eye.

She glared up at him with her pink eyes. "Celia." Her blond hair waved in the gentle breeze.

Kurohi snorted, folded his arms across the tops of his knees, and rested his head on them. His eyes slowly closed and he shivered as the cold touched him.

It felt like an alien lover's touch. Disgusting, really. Yeah, he was really disgusted.

Kagome blinked. "What's HIS problem?"

"I'm giving him hell, is all," chirped the blonde.

"Ah..."

Kagome stared at him. His face was scrunched up. "Aaaahh..."

"...aaaaeeeehhh..."

Pause.

"ACHHHH-ehh!!" He rubbed his sore nose and hiccupped. He ignored the ever-present, just-came-in ache in his throat. "Ideii..."

"I didn't think that WATER could make him sick!"

"Go 'way, Celia... You've embarrassed me enough already." He rested his head firmly in his own arms. [I think I already WAS sick and then YOU just made it worse!]

"Ooh, the baby's embarrassed! You wanna go cry?"

He hiccupped and keened high in his throat. It sounded like a dog's whine. "...Go 'way... kudasai..." [Great, my feelings are getting damaged already? I must look *so* weak...]

"Baby! BABY!! Cryin' aren't ya, baby?!"

"Hey! Leave Kurohi alone!" butted in Inu-Yasha. He smelled heartbreak and swiftly approaching depression all over him, and it stung his clearing doggy nose thanks to, or no thanks to, Kagome's medicine. With him in this state, it was likely he wouldn't fight, right?! Just let him get killed?!! "At least back off for a while!"

"Inu-Yasha! Jewel Shards!"

"Really, eh?" Popping on his cocky smirk, he asked the strange woman. "Y'gonna hand 'em over?"

"No, but I will follow you. Best to keep some of them separated until we get them all... unlike how stupid that quarter-mutt is!" she accused, pointing a finger at the sitting dog.

Teary blue eyes widened. [Quarter-mutt?!!] "Shut up or I'll KILL YOU!!" he yelled, standing up.

She was indifferent. "You really think you can kill me? I dare you to try!"

A shaky hand clutched the rough handle of the Ryuken. Could he really kill.. a woman?

He closed his eyes, growling. He fought against the now infuriating sound of his heartbeat. {...douki... douki... douki... douki... douki... douki...}

He rose his head and clutched the handle firmly a moment before he released it, shook his head, and turned away. "Ha ha ha ha ha... Killing you won't fill the void in my heart... it won't cease the sadness caused by your words in my mind. You insult me and hurt me... but... but... I can't... I WON'T.. kill you...

"I could never... live with myself knowing I have an innocent's blood on me." He looked at one pale hand. He glanced up. "Besides... You're a girl."

"TEMEE!!" She grabbed another bucket of water - seemingly out of nowhere - and started chasing him again.

They boy's eyes went wide as saucers and he dashed the other way, sneezing every now and then. He futilely hid behind a tree and JUST as he rounded a corner, both Kagome and Inu-Yasha heard a loud, "Splooooshhhh!" as the water hit the quarter-breed in the face.

Kurohi wore a "pout face" during the rest of the late afternoon.

----------------------------------------

Finished 8/11/03 Revised: 5:55PM June 29, 2004