InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Quarter-Demon ❯ Unexpected, Swift Romance ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Quarter-Demon

Chapter Ten: Unexpected, Swift Romance

By Kurohi Tatsaki

"speaking" ***POV switch/Passing of Time {sounds} [thinking] ******dreams end/begin /things in speech in quotations/

Disclaimer: No matter what, I don't own Inu-Yasha. The only ones that I DO own are the sons and daughter of Inu-Yasha IN THIS FIC! E-mail/review if you want to use them, and I'll let you if you give me credit for the character(s)!


----------------------------------------

A shadow-covered form stepped out of Kaede's hut and limped fully outside. He looked around, searching for something (or someone), and picked the path to his left. His bright red clothing rustled as he strode in a slow, pained fashion. As he came upon the road, he happened to glance at a nearby tree. In the dim light, he managed to pick out strands of red hair poking out near the roots of the tree. This sign of this single life alone brought up the boy's spirit.

[Kasei!] He made to dash forward, but a root, hidden from his already-dim view, suddenly captured his bare foot, causing him to fall flat on his face.

He cried out in pain and clutched at it - more specifically, his sharp nose, as it had taken a lot of the blow's brunt.

Nearby, silver eyes slid open and focused on the puppy in pain. "Mutt-head? Why are you out?!"

Kurohi blinked and crawled forward. His eyes glistened.

Kasei just stared at him in confusion. What, was this puppy stupid?! "Get back inside, mutt-head!!"

The stubborn pup ignored his words and stopped right in front of the hanyou. His tail wrapped itself around his bare stomach. "K-Kasei... I... must ask... Why did you want to kill me... in the first place?"

The redheaded hanyou paused at his words. They tugged at a chord deep in his half-demon heart. This caused the ends of his lips to tug downward in a little frown. He wanted to tell the truth, but to save his own skin, he also wanted to lie to the mentally and physically wounded quarter-demon. "...You want me to be honest?"

Hardening his resolve, - or what remained of his bravery - the boy nodded. "Yes..."

Silver eyes drilled into him contemplatively, visibly pondering the answer of truth or lie.

He could lie, and say that he felt like killing the other. He could lie, and say that he wanted someone to fight with. He could lie, and say that he wished to wipe the world of all quarter-demons such as Kurohi, which would also include his two siblings.

He could speak truth, and say that he wanted someone equal. He could speak truth, and say that he wanted a mate as powerful as he was. He could speak truth, and say he wanted to love Kurohi.

[Fat chance that Kurohi loves me, eh?] thought the hanyou.

Kasei hesitated still, arms folded neatly against his chest and legs half bent before him. A light breeze carried the scent of the forest their way, but it went unnoticed by the two part-demons, for their silver and blue gazes were intertwined in one of the most fearsome and challenging staring contests ever to take place between the two. In fact, all the wind did for them was to gently tousle their hair and carry Kasei's scent to Kurohi's sensitive nose.

"...I can't tell you." The hanyou had settled for something strange between truth and lie. The lie in that was that he *could* tell the quarter-demon something. However, his tone of voice told a different sentence: "I don't *want* to tell you."

Kurohi's eyes suddenly and slightly lost their clear edge. His pupils had dilated, taking on an even more childish appearance than before. "Ka...Kasei..."

"Why do you call my name... like that?" murmured the hanyou. He frowned slightly more, but his eyes were in all-out confusion and shock. He felt Kurohi's laboring breaths near his face. [The burn's "toxin" must be going through his system at this moment... If I don't' do something NOW, he might not last through the night...]

Kurohi's face paled and he broke out into a sweat. "I call your name the way I do... because... I... well..." he paused, but he didn't look away from Kasei. "aah..." His eyes narrowed as pain coursed through him, and he gasped softly. "Ka-Kasei... it... hurts...a lot..." Actually, he hadn't meant to say, "it". He meant to say, "my heart".

"Look, Kurohi, I know this may sound like an odd request, but I DID do research once before on my own techniques' counters." He breathed a deep, wavering breath. "Are you willing to hear me out and allow me to execute the one I know about?" Hidden behind his cold eyes sparked a flame of hope.

...But in his pain, the quarter-demon couldn't see it.

Without hesitation, without consideration, without thought, the quarter-demon agreed. No sooner had the pain-filled word, "Hai" left his lips, he found them occupied with the other male's. "Mmmph..."

They were so warm... like chocolate in a spring day... and just as sweet...... The younger male became lost in the moment; the warmth trickled through his lips and, mysteriously entered the wound centered against his quarter-demon heart. His eyes slowly slipped shut and his body went limp with pleasure. The pain was gently eased away and his mouth was released no later.

Kurohi's right-hand fingers came to his lips. He trembled instead of releasing his initial gasp. He barely contained the urge to pant like there was no tomorrow. His mind swam with the aftereffects of the action. He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again.

Kasei wasn't looking at him. "I just donated some of my energies. It should ward off my technique's toxin until we can find a cure."

The youth nodded dumbly, blinking wide, clear eyes. He didn't really understand, but he didn't care. He didn't know. He didn't need to know. He didn't care to know. He smiled at the hanyou. [...Strange, I probably wouldn't mind dying right now, just as long as I was with him... Wait, what will the others think...? Hey, I wonder why I care about what THEY think? It's MY life!]

Kasei blinked at the three-quarter-human. [What's he smiling for? All I did was offer some of my energy, which wards off the illness caused by my flames. After all, the sub-trait in my attacks are poisonous.] "Look, go to bed," said he, trying to dismiss him.

Kurohi slipped backward and leaned against the tree next to the hanyou. His tail absently draped itself across Kasei's left shoulder and the dark tip landed against his chest in silence. Absently, the strong pounding of the heart registered from the tip of his tail all the way to his own chest. He filed the sensations away for later reflection. "I'm not tired; I also don't take those kinds of orders from anyone," he said. "So, I'm going to show you my human form, okay?"

The hanyou blinked, mouth a little agape. What this baka koinu *really* so *stupid*?!

Kurohi breathed deeply and was about to utter the words. Kasei muffled the other's mouth with his clawed hand. "NO! You really want to die?!!" he demanded. "Change into human and you'll run into difficulty! The toxin runs much quicker the more human you are! You're already three-fourths human so it's a miracle that you're still alive right now!"

A smirk appeared on the other's face as the clawed hand withdrew. The sensations of the hanyou's fingertips left his mouth tingling. Instead of wishing himself to human, he declared giddily, "You're *worried* about me!" ^___^ Leaving the other's shoulder, his tail wagged like a dog's. It rapidly hit the ground as it ventured from right to left and back again, making a "thunp-thunp-thunp-thunp-thunp" sound.

The hanyou paled considerably. "No I'm not! You're hallucinating! Insane! Delirious! It's just wishful thinking!" he retorted desperately. "Besides, you don't even like me! I'M the one to blame for this, so why should you even CONSIDER me as friend?!"

Kurohi laughed at this. "Knot-head, are you really a knot-head or what? That's the stupidest question I ever heard in this circumstance!" he giggled. ^o^ Then, he sang, "Knot-head, you're a knot-head, you're the-" (1)

{WHACK! WHACK!}

"OOOOOWWWW!!!"

"Mwa-ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Kurohi rubbed his head in pain. "WHAD ya do THAT for?!?!" he growled.

"I'm your ENEMY, remember?!!" yelled the hanyou. "Only MY FISTS are allowed to take your life! Not my burn's toxin!"

"Fuckin' ay! Kisama no BAKA!" he yelled back. He sat up quickly and proceeded the slam his fists at the hanyou.

{WHACK! WHACK! WHAM! WHACK!!}

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Down puppy, down!!" yelped the cat.

{...

{Kwi, kwi, kwi, kwi, kwi, kwi, kwi}

The hanyou's eyes lazily drifted halfway shut at the wondrous sensations. "D-Damn... koinu..."

The quarter-demon snorted to contain his laughter. He looked so... CUTE all lazy like that!

"Kurohi! You're supposed to be in bed!" snapped another voice.

Kurohi, who had been mercilessly pulling and tugging Kasei's ears, turned his head. His tail flicked and he grinned innocently. "Hai, okaasan~?" he sang.

"Don't you, 'yes, mother?' me! Get back here! Now!" With that, Kagome grabbed Kurohi's tail and started to haul the quarter-demon away.

In protest, Kurohi released the other's ears and dug his nails and feet into the earth to try and slow his progress. "Mother!! Onegai!" He frowned when he received no reply and merely sulked as he was dragged away by his long, kinda fluffy tail.

"I really oughta give you prayer beads..." the Miko grumbled.

***

"You awake yet, mutt-head? It's almost time to go!"

Blue eyes flickered to life once more. They quickly focused onto a pair of star-colored ones. "Kasei... It's time to go?"

"That's what I said, ya dimwit."

Kurohi frowned. "Feh. I was just echoing you to make sure that's what you said." He sat up with a slow growl and turned his head, ears twitching left and right. "Ya knot-head. You got a tree-stump for a brain."

"Nani?!!" He grabbed the patient by the shoulders of his long-sleeved haori and started to shake him furiously. "Kisama no baka!! How DARE you speak to me that way! I'll have to punish you for that!"

Kurohi's fists clutched at the other's hands so the shaking was stilled. "What'll ya do - scratch me with your claws?"

Kasei did just that to his face. Kurohi's head snapped to the side as the sudden bitch slap connected with his cheek. A soft cry was wrenched from his throat. It was a... pleading sound.

Gently, the male touched his face with de-clawed fingertips. When they came away, they were coated lightly in bright red blood. "Ow... Kasei... why'd you go and do that?" asked the young one softly as he stared at his dirtied hands.

The hanyou couldn't help himself. He cupped the side of the other's face in one clawed hand and leaned his face in close. A pink tongue poked out of his mouth and delicately traced the lines of blood across the other's cheek.

A purring noise rumbled from both their chests simultaneously. The hanyou's pleasure was from that mini-fountain of blood, and the other's was simply from the contact itself.

"Kvvvvaaaseieieii.." murmured Kurohi while he purred.

Kasei's tongue paused for a moment, poking cutely out of his mouth. Kurohi took this opportunity and pressed his own lips to the other's orifice. His tongue reached out and glided across the other's fangs before fighting with the other tongue, rubbing pleasantly.

It was a battle for dominance indefinitely. However, Kasei soon tired of that and pulled himself away. He pulled the blood-coated fingers into his mouth and sucked and licked. His eyes closed.

Half-lidded, glazed, and closed halfway blue eyes stared at the gesture in awe. A small moan forced itself from his throat with each suck on his fingers.

Getting anxious with that, he began to pull Kasei in for another kiss before pausing as a soft, half-formed thought rumbled through his mind.

[I... I'm very sure that I...] His lips actively crushed the other's to his own, purring loudly. His arms wrapped around the other's waist and pulled the other male's hips to his own so he sat under the older one's lap. He pulled his lips away and started feasting on the skin of the fire half-demon's neck.

Kasei shifted his hips slightly and noticed with a slight grin, that the other being was rock hard. [So, he's enjoying this, is he?] "Mmm..."

The door opened. Kurohi's blood ran cold, but he held himself still, save the turning of his head and his ragged breathing.

Kagome regarded them curiously before smiling once and saying, "Inu-Yasha's getting a bit impatient and asked me to fetch you two. It's time to go."

Kasei stood up out of the younger one's lap and made to follow Kagome out the door. However, he paused and turned his head so he could see the other part-demon child as they both pulled themselves together. Kurohi had just fixed one final spike and stood up. He strode across the floor with his normal grace - though the redhead noticed that his venom had affected the other boy greatly through the slightly different way he carried himself - and stopped in front of the hanyou. They stared at each other with unguarded expressions, and they understood each other.

The redheaded hanyou's silver eyes were slightly narrowed in his disappointment. He really wanted to continue their previous activity, and that cut on his cheek looked rather enticing and the koinu's expression told him of longing. Not only that, he had certainly felt the hardness against his eagerly awaiting entrance through his pants and he shivered slightly at the delectable thought.

Kurohi noticed the shiver and smiled mentally. He hoped that the expressions expressed by him were enough to get his meaning across. He wanted Kasei - that much he knew - and he wanted him sooo badly. His loins ached from the contact of the other's buttocks against his erected groin and he wanted that touch once more, and he wanted it now.

With that, the two boys left the room and went out to seek the others. However, on their way to the spot, Kurohi's blue eyes locked with angry pink. No, they weren't angry... they were... jealous!

[Celia's... JEALOUS!!] "Yes, Celia?" he asked politely.

Kasei stopped as he heard the puppy speak. He turned to the two, but said nothing.

"What in all the hells are you doing with your enemy?" she asked curtly. "Taking a pity fuck?"

"None of your business, girl."

"Hmph. Of course it is, faker!"

"Don't start up with that /faker/ shit again!" retorted the quarter-demon. He growled loudly in a hateful manner. "I've had it with that! I don't need to be told by YOU what I should and shouldn't do!"

"Look at you! You've gone soft! Not only that, you're not carrying yourself properly!" She grabbed his waist and started to tug his torso up a bit more. The boy yelped and clutched his chest as the pain he had been trying to stifle resurfaced.

"Cut it out!" the quarter-demon howled.

"Yeah, girl! You're hurting him!" added the hanyou.

"It's YOUR fault in the first place!" Celia.

"Could you PLEASE let go of my waist?!!" Kurohi.

"Oh, shove it!" Celia.

"If I liked you, I'd say /where, when, and how!/!!" Kurohi.

"Booya! Now leggo of him!" Kasei.

"Leggo a' me! IDEII!!!" Celia had held him upright.

The fire hanyou wrenched the other boy from the female's grasp and held him against his body. "You heard the man. Now get the fuck away from us!"

She frowned and stormed off. [I only wanted him to be stronger and to not show weaknesses that could get him killed!! What's THEIR problem??!]

After she was out of sight, Kurohi whined in pain, clutching his chest. "K-Kasei... mmph!" Once again, that sensation of warmth against his lips; he welcomed it wholeheartedly and was left breathless when it was over. He smiled wearily, and after a moment or so, he dared to pull away.

Warmth encircled him again. He looked up right into beautiful, almond-shaped silver eyes with his curious blue ones. "I hate her," he said simply.

Kasei nodded once. "I do, too. She needs to learn to be nicer."

"So did you," added the three-quarter human, smiling tiredly.

"Yeah," replied the hanyou with a nod and a distant expression. "Now, whaddya say that we rejoin the others? Mebbe we can find something to get rid of my toxin... I'd like to have a better opponent that I can talk trash to," he said as a cover-up. However, he then whispered, "Though, I don't mind kissing you..."

The quarter-demon nodded once with a light blush, and walked with his ex?-enemy to the group.

----------------------------------------

(1) He's taking the beat from the "The Flintstones" theme song.

Finished 10/6/03 Revised: 9:11PM June 29, 2004