InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Quarter-Demon ❯ Demon Trouble ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Quarter-Demon

Chapter Eleven: Demon Trouble

 

By Kurohi Tatsaki

 

"speaking" ~~~~~~POV switch ***Passing of Time {sounds} [thinking] ******dreams end/begin /things in speech in quotations/

Disclaimer: No matter what, I don't own Inu-Yasha. The only ones that I DO own are the sons and daughter of Inu-Yasha IN THIS FIC! E-mail/review if you want to use them, and I'll let you if you give me credit for the character(s)!

Pictures of Demon Kurohi, Nekome, & Kasei available for viewing. Just tell me in a review! Seishin sketched out, but not complete yet. I'm not really sure when I'll really get to her yet...

 

OMG! Manazashi no Aria is such a kewl song!! I listened to this while typing!! Oh, and Dark Side Stories is cool, too! Tasogare ni se wo Mukete is such a sad song, though...


----------------------------------------

 

Outside of Kaede's hut, Inu-Yasha stood by Kagome in the closest-possible clearing. Beside her, Shippou and Seishin stood. Seishin was looking around, mostly staring at the sky. Nekome sat with his hands in his sleeves nearby a small Kirara, and occasionally reached over to pet the creature.

 

A few paces from Sango - who was also sitting near Kirara - Miroku stood with a slap mark on his cheek. "Okay, now that we're all here, let's get a move on, shall we?" asked the blue-eyed monk with a light smile.

 

Kurohi strode up with Kasei and Celia in tow and looked around, still a bit sleepy. He turned around a little as he looked. "Where are Nekome and Seishin-chan?"

 

"Hi big brother!" chimed the girl, leaping onto her oldest brother's back. Her white hair fluttered around her precious form and settled on her back.

 

The old teen giggled and pulled her off his back with his tail. Depositing her in his arms, he spun her around and hugged her close. "It's good to see you. I hadn't all night."

 

"Bro!"

 

The siblings looked down and grinned. "Hey, Nekome! You're here!" said the multicolor-haired male, setting his sister down.

 

He nodded once, white hair bouncing slightly. "Of course. So, where are we going next, Inu-Yasha?" he asked, cocking one furry ear to his future father.

 

Said hanyou stuffed his hands into the long sleeves of his haori. Not surprisingly, Kurohi did the same. "We need to find Sesshou-Maru again. He seems to have disappeared in our scuffle with that Naraku incarnation"

 

"I'll take care of that, Inu-Yasha," uttered the youngest male child of Inu-Yasha. He bounded off in search of the man. He glided across the treetops. He sniffed the air as he went along, and after some time had passed, he came upon his unmistakable scent.

 

"Sesshooooou-Maruuu!" he called as he landed before them. He smirked widely at the indifferent youkai. "We're movin' out. Your presence is wanted."

 

"I see," replied the demon stoically. "I'll follow when I feel like it."

 

Nekome nodded. "Understood! See ya 'round!" he dashed off.

 

The white-haired beauty watched silently as the child of Inu-Yasha retreated. He turned his gaze to the ground, to Rin, and then to Jaken. The toad thing spoke.

 

"M'lord, if I may, I believe, for once, we should follow them. Taking your preference into account, may I suggest that we follow at a distance?"

 

"Yeah! Seishin was fun to be with! Even more fun than Jaken!" chirped Rin, giggling.

 

"Hey!" Jaken retorted in exasperation. After a second, he turned his head to see his Lord starting to leave.

 

Rin giggled and followed, closer to Sesshou-Maru. "C'mon, Jaken, or you'll be left behind!"

 

The toad-like lesser-demon sighed. "Ugh... That girl drives me crazy..." He followed. [But, she has a strange affect on Sesshou-Maru-sama.]

 

~~~~~~

 

I can feel his gaze on my back - hotter than any sun and firmer than any metal. I smile at this feeling of wholeness and let my head lean back to view the clear sky. I cross my arms behind my head to support and cushion my head so I can see that sky even better, even as I walk.

 

Again, I realize, I'm terrified of dying. I want to know Kasei after I finish here. I want to keep whatever we have...

 

Kasei...

 

I hear him. He's far behind, bare feet striking the road in near silence. I slow my grueling pace and watch as the others push onward, ignoring the curious looks of my comrades. Slowly, I turn sideways to see the one who had changed my world.

 

His eyes are an entrancing silver. His hair almost blood red in color.

 

What was I to him? I have mixed feelings about him, so I'm not really sure what to do or expect.

 

...But I didn't have any doubts when I had pulled him into my lap and started kissing his neck. I WANTED him...

 

I bite my cheek to try and stifle a groan.

 

...and instead of talking about THAT... "Slowpoke."

 

"Why are you waiting, then?" he growled back, stepping up to me and staring downward so he could lock eyes with me. "Shouldn't you be ahead with everyone else?" His voice is strained and sarcastic.

 

The "full" feeling blossoms twofold and I sigh out a would-be groan. "Wouldn't want to leave a decent fighter behind," I retort, beginning to stride away. A pressure around my wrist stops me, however, and I turn my head around. "Hn?" I asked.

 

With narrowed eyes, he gazes at me. After an eternity of his fierce scrutiny, he seems grumpily satisfied, and releases my entrapped limb and jogs to catch up with the group.

 

My heart flinches with loss, but I blame it on the toxin.

 

What is this feeling?

 

~~~~~~

 

I slowly pedal on my bike so as to keep up with my love. The breeze gently tugs his silver hair and I really want to run my hands through those strands... or at least rub his soft ears.

 

Maybe later.

 

I hear - or lack of - a pair of feet moving, and turn my head, still managing to keep going in a straight line. I saw Kurohi stop and turn, waiting for the lager of the group, Kasei, to catch up.

 

I turn my head back to the front with a light smile on my face. I had seen just how all-over-each-other they had been and I won't make a fuss of it. There's no reason to.

 

They look cute together, but by my future son's demeanor, he's worried about something.

 

"Ne, Inu-Yasha?"

 

Turning his head, his beautiful golden gaze is locked on mine. The sun kisses his hair, making it shimmer. "Hm? Kagome, nan desu ka?"

 

"Do you have any idea on where we're going to turn up this time?" I ask..

 

He frowns cutely, deep in thought. "I dunno. Wherever the shards are, I guess. We also need to get those two from Kouga and Kohaku. Dou shite?"

 

I'm still smiling. "I'm just curious. Maybe I could find a pattern or something."

 

His face contorts into that of curious confusion. "Are you trying to take after Miroku??"

 

I shake my head. "No, Inu-Yasha," I reply truthfully.

 

A red blur storms past us, fiery red hair lashing.

 

"Whatcha up to, Kasei?" my silver-haired hanyou asks.

 

The redheaded hanyou turned his head to see over his shoulder and growls, baring his teeth like an angry cat, "Hn. Your son is a mutt-head."

 

"WHAAAAAAT?!"

 

"Kasei!!" Another blur came up to the other hanyou and tackled him to the ground. The familiar orange and black tail raises itself to the point where it hovers several feet above the younger boy's head. "You don't have to be such a jerk to me!"

 

~~~~~~

 

"Get OFF me, damn mutt!" He sent a sharp kick to the younger one's hips - thankfully not his groin - sending him flying over his head. Kurohi yelled and landed on the ground with a dull {thun-k!}

 

Kurohi grunted as he hit the earth, then groaned. His vision swam a moment at the impact before it fixed itself almost instantly.

 

Kasei's face came into view and he gulped, his heart filling with fear. Kasei then turned his head to Inu-Yasha. "It seems we have some things to work out. You guys go on ahead. We'll catch up later."

 

"Shut up, Kasei, we're going with them, too!" growled Kurohi, jumping to his feet.

 

The redhead glared and stalked off, irritated that the mutt-head wouldn't listen to him.

 

[Kasei!!] Instead of following the hanyou, he walked over to Kagome, frowning lightly and eyes saying, "What did I do to deserve this?" [Then again... I was only playing a role, after all...] He closed his eyes and started walking along the path once more. [I'm still trying to find myself... the real me. I've contorted myself so much, I don't even remember my original behavior. However, I have the feeling that... I shouldn't have been as hard-headed...]

 

***

 

He looked up at the stars, arms folded behind his head, cushioning it from the unforgiving earth. One arm snaked out and its finger pointed at a few stars, paused, then lazily aimed elsewhere.

 

"Damn, no Big Dipper," muttered the quarter-demon, wincing. His heart hurt very badly, but he didn't want to talk to Kasei right now - what pride he had wouldn't allow it, either. Besides, he had been threatened earlier that evening that he would be killed should he bother the hanyou again.

 

He didn't want to die, but this pain in his heart not only set him on a slightly bummed-out mood, but it also made his temper twice as bad. He had a super-short fuse tonight, and with his condition, he knew it wasn't good. It wasn't a good mix at all.

 

He frowned.

 

"What's the faker doin' up?" asked a voice. It was that wench again, Celia, of course.

 

[Time to ignore her.] The figure didn't flinch. "Oh!" His mood brightened just a little as he found something in the night sky. "There's a cat's eye!" He pointed to a cluster of stars and grinned as his imagination took control, and he mentally connected the stars to form what he claimed he had found. "I wonder if I can find a dragon...?" he mused, blue eyes searching the stars. His dark eyes also glittered with the starlight.

 

Celia frowned. He shouldn't ignore her like that. [Time to get him back into shape, the weakling he is.] She raised her booted foot.

 

{STOMP!}

 

"EEEEYOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW-HAAAAAA!!!" Kurohi grabbed his tail and held it against his chest, tears streaming down his face. He glared up at the woman. "YOU LITTLE **BITCH**!! THAT'S ***IT***!!!!" Standing up, he cracked his knuckles and flexed them. He released his tail and felt his body change.

 

His eyes widened in both shock and horror. [AAH?!! Oh, kami, no, no! I don't--]

 

His muscles rippled, eyes changed to a bright ruby red, and his tail turned from orange with black stripes to a blood red. His claws doubled in length and odd red stripes appeared on his body. His haori and white undershirt tore off due to the power surge, and Youkai Kurohi lunged in a blind rage. "Rrrrr!" He pulled his claws back and struck, Celia dodged backward and whipped out her bow and arrows. She aimed and fired in a split second.

 

Kurohi dodged downward and lunged on all fours, tail trailing behind him like a flag and eyes wide with the urge to kill.

 

"Time to die! Rrrrraaaaaa!!" Popping his claws, he struck again with terrifying force, causing a crater into the earth. Whipping out some throwing knives, she threw them expertly at the swift demon. All missed save one, which nicked his left side.

 

Hurrying footsteps entered the scene. Celia turned her head at them all. "Well, well, well, everyone's here."

 

"What happened to him?" softly asked Kagome, almost hiding behind her lover.

 

"He's lost it!" Celia cocked her bow again, dodged to the side as the demon came her way, and fired just as he landed.

 

The arrow pierced his left shoulder, and he didn't even flinch. He came at her again, and Celia focused herself on the battle.

 

A rush of wind came from behind the demon and sent the youkai gone mad flying. When the wind dissipated, a being was unconcealed. This new youkai had brown hair and blue eyes. He smiled a wolfish grin. "Long time no see, mutt-face."

 

"Mutt-face?!!" demanded the gold-eyed hanyou. He gripped the hilt of his Tetsusaiga tightly and let his body half-shield Kagome. No way was that wolf gonna get HIS Kagome!

"Hi Kouga!" chimed Nekome, white ears twitching. He smiled. It was nice to see his second-favorite guy friend.

 

The ohkami youkai blinked and raised an eyebrow incredulously, and his tail swished. "Do I know you...?" Obviously he wasn't with the program.

 

"In the future, you know me, Kouga!"

 

"Ah, okay..." stuttered the wolf.

 

Seishin trotted up as well. "Um, Kouga-kun---?" she stuttered, eyes wide. "My brother...!!" She pointed at the youkai.

 

Kurohi growled and lunged at this new foe. "I'll have a fun time killing you, too, you dog! DIE!!" He lunged at the wolf with great speed, but the wolf youkai was far swifter, and sent a sort of twirl kick to the demon's face.

 

"I'm not a dog! I'm a wolf! A WOLF!!"

 

In instinct, the other youkai bit down on Koga's leg, but he was easily knocked off with a fist to his head. Kurohi skidded on the ground, growling low in his throat.

 

"He's not himself, is he?" asked Kouga, flicking his wrist to release some of the tension.

 

Kagome nodded. "Yeah. Celia, did you, by any chance, do anything to him?"

 

Celia blinked. "Um... I stepped on his tail."

 

The dark-haired girl gasped softly, eyes watering. "How could you, Celia?! That's cruel!!"

 

"ENOUGH!" the hanyou roared. He growled. "Celia, get Kasei! NOW!"

 

The blonde looked indignant and sent Kouga a strange glance before setting out to find that stupid fire hanyou.

 

~~~~~~

 

I lounged without care under a tree. I heard fighting in the distance, but I was tired. I didn't want to fight right now. They could handle it for all I cared.

 

I haven't seen Kurohi all day, but I'm kinda pissed at what he said. Couldn't he just up and say that maybe we're together instead of talking like that to me? When it comes down to it, I'm not all tough. I don't have a body or mind of iron. All I have is a fetish for blood...

 

Heh.

 

He acts like I do.

 

Kinda.

 

Sorta.

 

I stare at the stars, and for once, I wonder what it is he's looking at. I wonder if that time in the hut was just a one-time thing or if he really meant it as a long-lasting thing. I want it to be meaningful - I don't just up and give my heart away to anyone.

 

"Kasei!!!"

 

I jerk with a start and look up at the speaker. Oh, it's just that wench Celia. A snarl forms on my lips before I can even think about it.

 

Why does she look so frightened?

 

"It's Kurohi!" she cried, answering my unsaid question. "He's turned into a youkai and has gone insane!! Everyone's holding him off, but as far as I know, only YOU can tame him!"

 

"WHAT?!!" I yelled back, getting to my feet quickly. "Lead me to him! NOW!" I ordered, practically howling at her.

 

She nods once in with resolve, and dashes ahead, leading me to him.

 

To Kurohi.

 

I hope I can get there in time!

 

~~~~~~

 

The wild youkai lashed at all ends to help give himself some space to dodge. He had received many cuts and bruises from a staff, a Hiraikotsu, arrows, a Tetsusaiga, and even from a huge, fanged cat!

 

Not to mention, even from various toys - like a wooden snake - and other things.

 

"RAAAAA!!" Kurohi - no, the body of Kurohi - swiped his claws at the closest person, purring as the long claws drew blood upon the victim's chest. The victim yelled and clutched at the wound with its covered hand. He spun in a half-circle and slashed again at the one behind him. He heard a childish shriek as he hit a furry person, smiled, and head-butted it, sending it flying somewhere.

 

The youkai blood in him sang with bliss, and it was all he could do to not lap up the foreign blood on his claws like a cat drinks milk or cream.

 

A blow sent him to the ground, but he was up in a blur and charged back into the fight in a blind rage. He was knocked in the head with a staff and then the flat of a huge-ass blade. He was sent into a boulder and only paused for a second before bursting out of it.

 

He screamed and flitted and attacked to all ends. He was struck with another arrow in the back - dangerously close to a lung - but he felt no pain. He sliced his claws through air as he missed a red-clothed figure and immediately flitted to another target. He dashed over to a seemingly innocent fighter and extended his claws.

 

The thing's big brown eyes widened and it screamed in its high voice, "Inu-Yashaaaa!!"

 

----------------------------------------

 

Liked it? Hated it? Tell me in a review. For those with questions about why I only accept signed reviews is so I can get back to them and see what they wrote. *shrug*


Finished 11/2/03 Revised: 3:47PM June 30, 2004