InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Quarter-Demon ❯ TAG! ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Quarter-Demon

Chapter Fourteen: TAG!

 

by Kurohi Tatsaki

 

"speaking" [thinking] ~~~POV switch~~~ /things in speech in quotations/ ***Passing of Time {sounds} ***dreams end/begin***

Available pictures (that I have or haven't scanned yet): Kurohi ink sketch, Kurohi ink sketch with color (different than previous), Kurohi on a branch (older version), Blushing, naked Kurohi (no details... yet), Kurohi-Kasei embrace standalone, Seishin, Nekome, Kasei w/his fire sword, 1stKurohi-Kasei "embrace", Standoff, Standoff - Kurohi close-up, Standoff - Kasei close-up... & lots more!

 

Just so EVERYONE knows, I don't have ANY hands-on, EXPERT experience with the Japanese language! I don't always know EXACTLY what I'm doing b/c I haven't fully learned Japanese grammar, hence, I am a complete, and total AMATEUR. I only know what I hear from my DVDs and soundtracks, and I still haven't grasped the main focus of how the grammar is set, so forgive me if I use words incorrectly.

 

Finished 6/9/04
----------------------------------------

 

The sunlight poked at their faces and starlight eyes slid open. The golden rays touched those irises, creating a sort of kaleidoscopic affect across their surface. Two gold ears twitched at lazy attention and his eyes ventured to his lover's face and body. He was instantly reminded of their night, in all the juicy details - and the gory ones even at the end. Still, what his lover had done was for the best, and he came out of it no worse for the wear. He had to smile. Kurohi was a bit too self-sacrificing for his own good. It scared him sometimes...

 

[Koibito...] He lowered his face nearer to his lover's and ran his pink tongue across the scarred cheek, purring softly at the slightly salty taste and the rain-scent emanating from his skin - even though they'd only been in a hot spring.

 

His lover's face shifted slightly in initial discomfort at the contact, then his eyes slid open and a contented expression overcame the previous expression. "Whazzup...?" he yawned, stretching his lithe body.

 

"Besides the sun?" replied Kasei, smirking.

 

"Un..." he murmured, only half awake now.

 

"Too bad."

 

"Na... nani...?" he mumbled, sitting up. He blinked his fogged-up eyes clear of sleep while he focused fully on his lover. The risen sun kissed his bright red hair, giving it a golden hue. Silver eyes reflected gold where the light hit hardest.

 

"The sun is high up," his lover commented, glancing skyward before staring his younger itoshii in the eyes.

 

Kurohi paused only to yawn again and asked, "And?"

 

Kasei glanced at him pointedly. "We've slept in. I got up a minute before you did."

 

Kurohi blinked, still not understanding the point Kasei was trying to make. "So?"

 

"/So,/ I think we should get back to them."

 

[That's your point?] he thought dubiously. "Ne, I have a better idea." He leaned up and planted a small kiss to the wing of his lover's nose before kissing the full lips. "Let's stick around for an hour or two." He laid a hand on his boyfriend's cock, covered by his pants. He stroked the flaccid organ through the material, bringing it to life with ease.

 

The hothead sighed. "Were you... *always*... like this...?"

 

Kurohi chuckled deeply. "Nope. Not until we made love..." he purred, nipping his lover's left ear. "I've been horny ever since I went back to bed..."

 

"Oh, gods, what have I done to you?" he sighed, leaning his head back.

 

His younger lover nuzzled his nose to the pale, marked throat he found before running his tongue over the expanse, stabbing it playfully into the hollow of the other man's neck. "Nothing *I'm* going to complain about." His hands busied themselves by tugging open his lover's belt. He looked at his kitty's eyes and pressed his lips to his lover's for just a moment. His hands fondled his member in slow pumping motions. "It's not every day I wake up to someone - or something - I'll never regret for a second in my whole life."

 

"Mmmmnn... hey, shouldn't we.. haaaaaa…" He was going, going, gone! He was all hormones and no brains... for now.

 

"Hmmm... do you want it harder?"

 

"Yessss..."

 

At the answer, his hand seemed to take in more force without disturbing its ministrations, easily sapping moans from his lover. His tongue poked out of his mouth and slithered across his tip and the underside of his cock. Kasei gasped softly in reply and his hands curled up into fists in the soft earth. Kurohi then took his lover fully into his mouth and started to suck.

 

It wasn't long when Kasei came down that pale throat. Then, his tongue lapped at the remaining traces on the flaccid cock before clearing up the corners of his own mouth. "Oishii, Kasei. I'd do you for later but we have to get going, ne?" He flashed a teasing grin, showing two pointy fangs.

 

"That's what... I... huh...?" His eyes were hazy with the sensations of bliss, his mind fogged-up from orgasm. Slowly, words made a proper sentence in his feline ears. "Oh, right..."

 

Kurohi stood up from the grassy ground and picked up his long-sleeved haori. He threw it on and watched as Kasei - though a little shakily - did the same with his imperial-style one. The hanyou then sniffed the air and they both trekked back to the campsite...

 

It was deserted.

 

The blue-eyed one frowned and jumped up into a tree, looking on for a telltale sign of their "pack" while Kasei stared at the three blood-tinged jewel shards in his hand. They glowed with an eerie red light, and he had a feeling that the aura was cursed because of that. Clutching them firmly in his hand, he stared up at his lover. After a moment of silent searching, Kurohi spotted footprints in the earth. He looked down to his lover and shouted, "I found some of their tracks! Iko!"

 

Kasei joined his lover up into the trees. "You're such a dog!" he commented.

 

Kurohi grinned. "Yeah, but I'm YOUR dog!"

 

Using the branches as a path, they easily caught up with the group. "Hiya!!" Kurohi chirped, leaping down from the trees. He grinned widely, followed by Kasei landing behind him, and he hugged Kagome, nuzzling his nose to his young mother's cheek. "Didja miss us??"

 

Kagome returned the hug and uttered, "Where were you two?"

 

"Ano..." "Eeto..." the lovers uttered as Kurohi stiffened.

 

Miroku eyed them both critically. "You both look well-laid." Both their faces turned red. Kurohi coughed and Kasei fidgeted with the left sleeve of his haori. As Kurohi pulled away from his mom, the new lovers glanced at each other, their blush deepening, and they looked away - Kurohi to the ground and Kasei to the forestry to his right. Kurohi coughed again. "I knew it! No wonder you were so enthusiastic!" They both looked up at the perverted houshi warily and then back to each other. Then, with a barely perceptible nod from the both of them, they lunged at the monk, tackling him hard. The breath went out of the dark-haired male in a whoosh and he looked up into amused silver eyes. "...Kasei?"

 

The holder of the star-colored eyes smirked, and if he had tails, they'd be wagging.

 

"We want to play, if that's all right..." uttered the younger part-demon from the human's feet. "Y'know, to help hone our skills. Maybe even kill Naraku faster with the warm-up.

 

"Don't ask me - Inu-Yasha ni ta no de."

 

The hanyou smirked. "I think it's okay. As much as I'd like to rip Naraku limb from limb, a little experience would help - especially for Shippou. What do you think, Kagome?" he asked as his to-be son helped up the houshi. "Want to play?"

 

"I wanna play!" yelled Shippou, his bushy tail wagging. "Lemmee play!"

 

"Sure!" answered the reincarnated Miko.

 

Sango smiled. "Well, that settles it."

 

Kurohi smirked and touched Miroku's arm. "TAG! You're it! Let's run, Kasei!!" The quarter-demon fled into the trees, but Kasei flitted over to Kagome with a "I'll catch up with you later!".

 

"Eh? What is it, Kasei?" asked the dark-haired Miko.

 

With a grave look, he opened his hand and showed the contents.

 

"Jewel Shards! Where did you...?!"

 

Kasei's expression did not falter. "Not me. If it weren't for Kurohi's quick and selfless actions, they would have absorbed into his body." He shivered slightly, then growled when he couldn't hold it back. His hand was trembling... "He ran the risk of killing himself to get them..." He gave them to the woman. Without another thought, she took them into her hand, making them purify, and her face set with a stony expression.

 

"I see," she responded. "He had to go into demon form to stay alive, right?"

 

Kasei nodded. "Yes."

 

"Is his soul okay?"

 

At the question, the fire demon seemed to smile a little. "I believe so... He has regained control, it seems."

 

"That's wonderful news! Now, let's play, eh?"

 

Nodding once, Kasei flitted off in search of his lover.

 

While the previous exchange took place, Miroku seemed confused and looked at Sango, whom eyed him almost warily. "Don't tell me you don't know how to play?" she asked with a little of the wariness on her face in her voice.

 

The houshi shrugged. "I know how to play." He gave chase with the demon slayer, who gestured quickly for Kirara to keep an eye on Shippou, knowing that demons could still attack them. The little three-tailed kitty followed Shippou into the woods to the group's left.

 

"Let's go hide, Kirara!" the fox-demon chirped. Kirara mewed in reply, her tails wagging slightly. The duo quickly headed into some shrubs and ducked down, out of sight.

 

~~~~~~

 

"Gah! Miroku's gaining on us!" screeches Kagome, clinging to Inu-Yasha's back tighter, careful to not pull the long strands of silver.

 

"Wakatta. I'm being slow enough so he has a chance of catching up."

 

The Miko blinks. "This is supposed to be training, right??"

 

"Aa."

 

"So why are you going easy on him?" she asks.

 

Inu-Yasha briefly turned his head to the dark-haired girl, then his lips twitched up in a grin, showing pointy fangs. "You're right - why AM I going easy on the perverted monk?" He picked up the pace, and, noticing that he didn't have a chance with the duo, set off back in Sango's previous direction where she had lost him.

 

Kagome smiles and nestles closer to the hanyou, half-closing upbeat chocolate eyes. "We're far enough. You wanna take a short break?"

 

"'m not tired. Dou shite?"

 

Idly tracing characters onto the hanyou's back, she replies, "Oh... I'm not sure. How about we perch in one of those trees?" She pauses as she realizes that she just finished tracing "ai shiteiru" on his back. She blushes and sighs softly, but it isn't a sad sound.

 

"...I guess so." He effortlessly perches in a tree above them and lets Kagome dismount onto the branch in front of him. "After all, I think we have some time before Miroku actually tags someone."

 

"Sugoi," she breathes. "Then I have some time..."

 

"Jikan?" Curiosity graces his face and he leans forward. Kagome turns around and meets him halfway, her lips brushing his gently with a soft moan. It is much quieter than the soft sound of surprise that Inu-Yasha makes in response. He pulls back slightly. "Matte... we're in the middle of a game... Maybe we should wait 'til later?"

 

Kagome whimpers. "I need you. You know I love you. If you don't remember me saying it before, I'll say it again: I love you, Inu-Yasha." She pauses. "Now that I think about it, you were interrupted. I guess you're right though - it can wait until after the game. Wouldn't want to be interrupted, now would we?"

 

The half-demon smiles anyway and nods. "Aa." He sniffs the air and chuckles. "I caught a whiff of Miroku's scent on Sango to the east of here. She's gonna be the chaser now." His ears twitch. "She's on her way right now. Iku ze." Kagome hops onto the inu's back and they sprint onward. She clings gently to the haori on his back, her body supported by the butt with the hanyou's hands. Her legs cling to his sides but do not try to envelop him should he need to use the Tetsusaiga. Fuzzy ears twitch backwards and the hanyou asks, "Kagome, is Sango behind us?"

 

"Ano..." She turns her head to look. Sango's chasing them, but at the last minute, she disappears to their right. "...Not anymore. She changed direction to our right."

 

"Okay."

 

~~~~~~

 

Twigs snapped as a body fell upon them, then the body scrambled to nimble feet and dashed off, away from the pursuer. "DAAAAMMIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!" cursed Nekome, tapping into his quarter-demon blood to escape the demon slayer.

 

"I'll tag you yet!"

"NO-YOU-WON'T-NO-YOU-WON'T, NO YOU WOOOOON'T!!!" he screamed back, giddy with misplaced fright of being caught. He leapt over a fallen log only to misplace his footing and fall on his side with a yelp. A split second too late, he was scrambling back to his feet only to be tagged by the slayer's slender hand.

 

"You're it! Bye!"

 

"Dammit, this is NOT my day!" he cursed, righting himself with a puff-like sigh. He tromped off in some random direction. "I just hope I don't get sat."

 

As he walked, he caught wind of his cured brother and that fire-demon-cat crossbreed. He lifted his head up a little higher and sniffed the air carefully before changing his direction slightly. [Time to go get my sister!] At the thought, he laughed like one of those villains from a Disney movie.

 

~~~~~~

 

"Shippou! There you are!"

 

The little fox demon paused and turned to the voice. It was Seishin; she stopped in front of him and smiled. "Let's run together! I caught the scent - my big brother, Nekome, is /it/ right now. I heard him laughing, too." She smiled prettily and made as if to run back the way Shippou came. She paused when the fox demon didn't understand why he would want to go back the way he came.

 

"Nekome's up there, where it seems that you were going to go. Go that way, and you'll get caught. Let's go back the way you came and we'll probably not run into him."

 

With a sigh, Shippou nodded and followed, Kirara following quietly behind him.

 

~~~~~~

 

Kurohi stopped in his tracks and stared up at the sky. An ominous aura began to take form, transforming the blue sky to a dark violet, and the sparse clouds to a dark blue. The sky seemed to twist and writhe with the horrible energy, and the quarter-demon felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end.

 

"Lover..." he warned breathlessly - and in not the good, happy way. "Get everyone here... I'll hold Naraku off."

 

At his words, his lover stiffened. "I'm not going anywhere!!"

 

The tricolor-haired demon looked his fire/cat demon's way. "...Fine, then. I'll howl for them." He hated to howl. He always had to tap into the form that only his father's brother, Sesshou-Maru, had access to. Only, his was different... and much harder to access. He had to draw it out by force. It was much like playing that "Shadow Hearts" game he liked. In that sense only, he felt like Yuri Hyuga. He growled, then, causing his lover to stare at him with confusion. "Stupid form, come out!!" he yelled at himself, clutching the sides of his head.

 

"Kurohi...?!"

 

"Uuugyaaaaaaahhhh!!!" In Kurohi's place, a large white dog stood. Four feathery wings unfolded from his back and his lovers mark of a cat entwined with a dragon sat on his forehead and lay in the fur of his upper chest. [This will also call for Sesshou-Maru...]

 

Then, he did what must be done: he howled menacingly as Naraku's form started to take shape.

 

----------------------------------------

Waaaaa! Sorry for the wait (and the cliffhanger, but I couldn't figure out the best place to stop)! I was on a BIG YYH thing! Not only that, but I had homework, and finals, and ACT testing. Not only that, but I've been working on a doujinshi (YYH) and on an original work... They're turning out nicely! Oh, and I plan on doing a doujinshi for this, too! I've done a few rough sketches, but they're a little out-of-date, as my drawing style continues to evolve. Also, blame my FAKE addiction for making me go into several dead-end fanfic options and introducing me into a new method of drawing.