InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Random Thoughts ❯ You'll Still Protect Me Right ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or the gang.
What if the only one who can dry your tears, is the one who made you cry?
Hey Inuyasha,” Kagome poked the fire. Everyone else had gone to gather firewood, leaving her with Inuyasha.
Yeah,” he didn't even bother to open his eyes. He was leaning against a tree with tetsusaiga resting peacefully in his arms.
You said you'd always protect me right?” Kagome asked staring at the fire. Her eyes danced sadly as she continued on this thought of hers.
Yeah, of course,” he still wouldn't open those big amber orbs. He slightly cracked one when he smelt the salty tears on the brink of her eyes.
And you'll protect Kikyou too right?” she blinked back the tears. This statement made Inuyasha open his eyes. He stared at the school girl from across the fire.
Yeah…”
Oh,” she sighed. She couldn't finish what she was thinking about. She didn't want to hurt. He shifted and caught her gaze. He got all the information he needed from those eyes.
Kagome, I will always protect you. I will also protect Kikyou. But now, you always come first,” he said. She smiled in her heart. It might not have been much, but it was Inuyasha's special way of saying `I love you more.'
Kagome,” he said sweetly.
Yes Inuyasha,” she couldn't help but smile.
Is the ramen done?”
Well, maybe it wasn't that, but at least it was a start.