InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Random Thoughts ❯ Rin's Gift ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Rin's Gift
I waste away the days
With thoughts of only you
Of the sweetness of your eyes
Of the beating of your heart next to mine
I waste away the nights
With dreams of you alone
Of how wonderful it feels to be in your arm
Of the warmth of your lips
I count the days of when I should finally be yours alone
I waste no time in trying to free your soul
I know you've been betrayed
I know you feel no love for no one
Yet I still wait patiently for my turn
To be the one you care for
To be the one you love
“So Kagome, how do you like it?” Rin asked shyly. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha had been severely wounded in a battle and it was left to the two girls to care for the bickering brothers.
“Oh Rin,” Kagome managed to whisper. They had some alone time while the two brothers, far too injured to kill one another, sat in the hut alone. They had managed to get along much better over the course of a few years. Sesshomaru was no longer hungry for the Tetsusaiga and Inuyasha was fiercely warned not to make any attempts of attacking.
It was Kagome who first, in a snowed in hut somewhere in the north, realized the natural gift that Rin had. It had been a terrible five days when a blizzard trapped Kagome, Inuyasha, Sesshomaru and Rin in a hut together. They had foolishly decided to travel on ahead, not heeding the warnings given out by everyone else. Rin, who would usually pick flowers or cook, had occupied herself by writing with the pen and paper Kagome gave her.
The first few pages were little drabbles of nonsense. Most of them included funny tales of Jaken and Ah-Un. Soon though, they grew into poems. Silly little poems at first, but then showing great emotion and power in the end. Kagome read on entranced by the talent that Rin really had. She could capture so many emotions in so few words.
Her latest poem was of her and her Sesshomaru. She had spent so little time on it; Sesshomaru just passed it off as being another silly story about Jaken.
“Is there something wrong with it Kagome-sama?” she asked shyly. Kagome looked her with tears forming in her eyes.
“No nothing's wrong! It's wonderful Rin! It's amazing!” she enveloped the girl in a big hug. Soon enough she was telling her everything she needed to know to help her continue writing. It all ranged from how to win a man's heart, courtesy of daytime soap operas, to how to get revenge for someone trying to undo hard work; once again we tip our hats to the wonderful world of daytime soaps. (A/N: of course I am in school at this time and have no idea about soap operas…hehe…)
Back with our Dueling Duo
“Hey Sesshomaru, was Rin writing another story about the little toad thing Jaken?” Inuyasha, after failing miserably at trying to find anything at all to say, said.
“No,” Sesshomaru stated simply. He had indeed read what Rin had written. Nothing that she writes gets past him unnoticed or unread.
“Well, I know that you read it,” Inuyasha turned over to face his brother. Even though they hated each other, things were slightly panning out between the two. Though neither one would ever admit it, they liked being around each other.
“Yes, but what does that matter?”
“What did it say!” Inuyasha could contain himself no longer. Sesshomaru shrugged and turned to face his idiot little brother.
“It said that she loved me and was patiently waiting for me to love her in return,” he said coolly as he tried to rise only to find himself eating dirt. Kagome doesn't trust us together, even after everything. I guess I can't say I blame her, he thought.
“Feh,” Inuyasha turned back to the ceiling to sleep. “Women,” he huffed.
“You said it brother,” Sesshomaru drifted off to sleep as well.