InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red Lantern ❯ Not a Whisper of a Lie ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not, will not, own Inu Yasha or Red Lantern.

Red Lantern

Chapter 5: Not a Whisper of a Lie

Author's Note:

Sorry about the really short last chapter. I thought it was going to be longer, and I didn't want to add more because I like how it ended. Anyway, nothing much is happening, so I'll let everyone go read the story! Oh, and before I let you all go, I want to ask you this: do you read author's notes? If you do, put 'Happy cows' at the end of your review, so I know. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chinese Glossary ~

N/A: I'm Chinese myself, but I'm not 100% sure on the spelling of these words/phrases. If anyone knows for sure, tell me! They are in order they appear in the story.

Wai sa ma: "Why?"

Sa ma: "What?"

Bu: "No!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's POV~

In Kikyo's Room/House…

"Lord, I'm sure you are still happy with Lady Kagome?" Kikyo asked, applying pressure of Naraku's neck.

Naraku was stripped to the waist, and he was lying on Kikyo's silk-covered bed. Kikyo had been giving him giving him a neck-rub. She had been trained in the arts of medicine, although not a full-fledged doctor.

"Hmm…?" Naraku said. He groaned. "That's the spot, Kikyo, there…"

"Here, Master?" Kikyo said, adding more pressure to that part of his neck.

"Oh yes… You know, Kikyo, you are as beautiful as the day I married you…"

Kikyo blushed on the outside. 'Oh yeah?' she thought. 'If so, then how come you keep being new whores in?' "Thank you, Master Naraku…"

Naraku smiled. "You know, though… I enjoyed you more when you had bangs… You looked younger…" (A/N: She's been married to Naraku for about, two years, give or take a couple months, so her hair has grown quite a bit.)

"You think so? Well, then… I'll get it cut tomorrow! Will you come back to see me?"

"Sure, why not? A little to the left, Kikyo."

"Yes, Master…"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author' POV~

The next day…

Kikyo smiled as she sauntered into Kagura's room. After all, the one she truly hated was Kagura, the still beautiful, third wife of Naraku.

"Oh, Lady Kagura! Are you in?" she called.

Kagura walked up to the doorway, not waiting for her maid to welcome her in. She raised an eyebrow at Kikyo's smiling face. 'No doubt pleased she snagged the Master for a night.' "Yes?" she asked cautiously.

"Lady Kagura, will you cute my hair for me?" she asked sweetly.

"Wia sha ma?" Kagura asked bluntly.

"Oh, well," Kikyo said, blushing, "the Master said I would look younger if I cut my bangs, and I wanted to know if you could do that."

Kagura glared at her for a second. 'No use getting angry…!' She smiled, a forced expression. "Why don't you ask Lady Kagome? She's a university graduate!"

Kikyo smirked. "Oh, but you were a dancer! You have style, flair!"

Kagura's smile became even more forced. "All right…! If you say that, I just can't refuse."

She motioned for Kikyo to sit in front of her vanity and slowly took out a pair of sharp scissors. "Close your eyes," she instructed.

Kikyo did as she was bid. "Be careful, Lady Kagura!"

Kagura smirked. How easy it would be to kill her now! A pair of scissors, a nice murder weapon… Shaking her head to clear it of these violent thoughts, Kagura began to cut.

Her eyes became more and more glazed as she cut more and more hair. Finally, she brushed off some of Kikyo's cut-off hair from her face and dress. "All done!" she said happily.

Kikyo opened her eyes. "Master Naraku was right…! I do look so much younger…"

Kagura bristled in anger. As Kikyo stood up, Kagura 'accidentally' released the scissors, aimed at her right foot.

A high pitched scream is heard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's POV~

"Oh, the pain… The pain!" Kikyo wailed. Her right foot was heavily bandaged. Her face was distorted in pain, although if it was real, it was not known.

Dr. Kouga was bent over, still examining her foot. He slowly got up. "I'm sorry, Lady Two, but your foot will have to be cut off."

Kikyo shrieked. "NO! You can't cut off my poor foot!"

Kouga started laughing. "No, no, Lady Kikyo. I was joking with you. Your foot will be fine!"

Kikyo glared. "You're a doctor! Be serious for once, Dr. Kouga!"

Kouga's face became somber. "Yes, Lady Kikyo. You just need some good rest and some sitting down and your foot will be back to normal."

Kikyo smiled, as was her habit. "Thank you, Dr. Kouga. You're a life-saver!"

Kouga bowed his head. "It's an honor, Lady!" he picked up his hat and walked out of the room.

Waiting outside was Kagura. "Is she going to lose that foot?" she asked.

Kouga grinned. "No, it was hardly a nick. It's okay, Kagura, dear… Next time, don't try to cut off her foot, though."

Kagura pouted. "I wasn't trying to!"

"Oh? So what were you trying to do?" Kouga said, smirking.

"Just… Put the damn scissors away!"

"Dear, don't get mad at me!" Kouga said, puppy eyes on.

Kagura playfully swatted at Kouga's arm. "You bad boy!"

Kouga panted like a dog that had been running. "You know you want me…! I'll be seeing you later!"

Kagura giggled. "I'll come, but don't you let them know!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome's POV~

It's funny how finding out that your worst enemy is actually your only ally messes up your brain.

Ally? Or should I say, partner.

Maybe Kagura is the one who is lying, trying to confuse me even farther. Maybe she's the one who is the true enemy. How would I know? Kikyo had been wonderfully kind to me, always supportive. Why should I believe somebody who I have believed has hated me since I arrived here?

And how would I gain back the Master's trust? I couldn't make Kikyo anger him!

'You can't change others, so change yourself.' Maybe that's what I should do… But what can I do? I can't lie that… Or could I?

A plan is rushing into my head. But the question is, will it work? A success would bring Kikyo's downfall. However, if I failed, all would be lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's POV~

"Did you hear?" a maid asked another in a hushed tone.

"Sha ma?"

"The Master's new wife, Lady Kagome, is pregnant!"

"Bu!"

"Oh yes, and I also heard that they have predicted it is a boy!"

"That fast? How long has she been here, four months?" the other maid estimated.

"You know the Master. I heard the only time he didn't spend the night at her house was yesterday!" the first maid said, happy to be gossiping.

"Why? I hope he hasn't lost interest already, like with Lady Three!"

The maid leaned over, as if telling a secret. "I think she talked back to him!"

"She wouldn't!" the other maid exclaimed, leaning back. No wife had ever done it before.

"Oh yes! And he's not too happy for it! She's lucky she's beautiful, or he would have left her already for being hoity-toity!"

"I heard Sayo call her a minx!" the second maid said.

"Really! Sayo could get fired for that!"

"That girl is too young to know that! She's dumber than we thought, and too stubborn! I don't know why she just doesn't go back to her country shack!"

The two maids laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Hehe. Can Kagome truly pull off her fake pregnancy? Or is she going to be discovered and have everything horribly ruined? And what about Kagura and Kouga's affair? Will anyone notice? Until next time, ja ne! Next chapter, "Discovery"!

Remember, if you read the author's notes, please write, 'Happy cows' in your review. Thanks!

Responses to Reviews:

AnimeObsessionFantasy: Yes, Naraku is Inu Yasha's father… The poor little puppy! How horrible, huh?

Tani Gesakusha: Naraku = BIG YUCKY! I'm glad you liked my story and reviewed!

Duke of spades: *high fives you* YAY! We're the same! I do that too! I always do the 'write big reviews with questions so the author has to respond and you get to see your name'! Weird, I know… but hey! I write about shaving, so what do you expect? I don't know if I can make you the fifth wife… probably not since I have the whole story written already, but it would be fun, you know! I LOVE BISHIES!

Whatever: Your review makes me feel like a better writer and I really am! I'm so glad you like, no LOVE this story! I feel so proud!

Crystal Sapphire: Thanks for reviewing for… holy cow! Every single chapter! You were the only one who guessed Naraku as the master! Sorry about the mistakes… Room… uh… forget what that is about… uh… I'll look and tell you next chapter… uh…

Suama: YAY! Another Chinese girl! Total AZN pride! Naraku + Kagome = ICK! LOL!

Korean: Oh, come on! Being Korean is awesome! A lot of my friends are Korean and they are really cool! (Shh, but if you really want to be Chinese or Japanese, you can always pass for it if you say you are. Good thing about being Asian!)

Gennie: Oops. Sorry about the confusion! I hope it gets clearer as the story goes on!

Fire Phoenix: That's for you to find out and me to know… and forget…! LOL! Yeah, the whole Master thing is surprising, isn't it? I'll update soon! Thanks for the review!