InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ The key in the tree ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
 
Chapter 4: They key in the tree
 
She stopped breathing, and the life left her body. Kohaku screamed! NO!, but it was too late. Kagome was dead, and there's nothing he could have done about it. He cried. Three days later, Inuyasha heard of her death, that she had tried to take her life in the first place, and he discovered that she hadn't betrayed him. In grief, Inuyasha slit his throat.
 
Haha, just kidding! You can blink now ^_^. Now, snap out of it and read what really happens!!
 
 
She stopped breathing, holding her breath trying to numb the pain, and let the air go. She whined in pain, and felt Kohaku's hand over hers. She did not move it.
`'Why, Kagome? Why do you want to take your life? So bad I have been?'' asked Kohaku, tears trickling down his face.
`'He...I...left...abandoned....'' was all Kagome managed to say in a faint and broken voice, as if someone had taken her voice.
She blames me for leaving! And she doesn't even know I'm here, or she wouldn't have called me `'he''..... Kohaku's heart tore.
But Kagome was not talking of him. Inuyasha... his name danced in her head. Why? Why had he done it?
Then, she had an idea, although it was dangerous. But, now that he had left her, it didn't matter. She reached for her neck, and slid her hand down her kimono. Kohaku stared at her. She got out a small key. The key for her father's studio. She knew she had to try.
`'Take...patio...cherry...trees....tree...under....bench....hang. ...in........branch....please'' and she fell unconscious with the effort of speaking. Kohaku took the key from her soft hands, and stared at it. He had understood what she wanted. But why? And why the garden? Was someone supposed to meet her?
How can you doubt of her in her state! She probably wants it there for safety. He scolded himself. He got up, and walked to the patio. He went over to the bench, stood on it and hung the key by its hole in one of the branches, making sure it wouldn't fall. Then, looking around, he went back to Kagome, without noticing the minuscule note in the key, that he had mistaken for some kind of indicator of which room it lead, and the pair of amber eyes watching him carefully.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha was filled with doubt. He didn't know what to think. And why hadn't someone come to look for him yet? Then, he saw someone walk into the patio. He slowly went to a lower roof, and lifted his nose for Kagome's scent. No trace. But there was another familiar scent n the air. Then he recognized who it was. Kohaku. After that, he had no doubt. She had sent Kohaku. Fool. Did she think that little runt could even harm him? He sighed. When the runt left, he jumped towards the tree. He had seen something shine in one of the branches. Then he found it. A key, hung in one branch. He took it in his hands, and noticed a small piece of paper had fallen from the hole in the key. He picked it up, and read it with the moon's light.
Third floor, northern side. Studio, Tetsusaiga in walls.
He couldn't believe his eyes. His first reaction was of surprise, he had found Tetsusaiga! But then his stubborn mind moved in.
It's probably a trap, you fool, and she knows Tetsusaiga will lead you anywhere. He sighed, but he took his rosary off, untied the knot, slid the key and made a more resistant knot, and put the rosary back in his neck. He let the note fall to the floor, and scurried off into the night.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome slowly walked to the bench in the patio. Inuyasha was waiting for her, sitting in his tree branch. He helped her climb up, and she sat in his lap, her head leaned into his shoulder. He kissed her softly, and they sat there in silence. Suddenly, a rustle of leaves was herd. Kohaku appeared, sword in hand, under the tree.
`'So, you filthy whore, you betrayed my love with that filthy half breed'' he said in a snarl. He raised his sword, and leaped to them, but Inuyasha was fast enough for him. He landed behind Kohaku, with Kagome in his arms. He put her down, when suddenly he yelled in pain. An arrow had clawed his back. He fell to his knees. Kohaku jumped to Kagome, and kicked her to her knees. Kikyo, behind Inuyasha, put a knife to his neck.
`'Now you will see her die, you filthy half breed'' she said, and Kohaku cut Kagome's head off, at the same time as Kikyo. They both saw their own deaths.
 
Kagome woke up, and would have sit up if her stomach didn't hurt so bad. There were tears in her eyes, and sweat all over her body. She blinked, and found Kohaku sleeping by her side, leaned against the wall.
It was just a dream, she told to herself. She started breathing slowly now. She saw Kaede looking at her.
`'A nightmare?'' she asked. Kaede nodded. Thankfully, Kaede did not ask further.
`'Ye must try and rest. Yer wound should be better by tomorrow morning, and ye can return to yer room'' the old healer told her, and she closed his eyes. Kagome drifted away.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kohaku had to go out, so he went to his room, washed himself, and ate a little. The maids started asking about Kagome, but he did not want to tell anybody. But Miroku, with an excuse to flirt, told every single maid in the whole palace. When her father heard it, he did not know what to do, so he simply stayed in his study. When night fell, the maids that didn't live in the palace went to the town, and soon enough the new that Lady Kagome Higurashi had tried to take her life and said someone had abandoned her, possibly her husband, was all over town.
 
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha didn't know what to do. He left the palace, and slept in a tree in the town shrine. They slowly passed, and it soon was dark. Inuyasha's ears had been hearing a lit of mumbles, gossip probably. He snorted. Then, two women came to the shrine to pray. Inuyasha did not move, and he listened at their conversation.
`'Have you heard? Lady Kagome Higurashi has tried to suicide herself! They say she stabbed a knife into her stomach! How awful!'' one said.
`'Yes, and Miroku, the monk from the palace, he told me personally that Lady Kagome had said in her pain that someone had abandoned her...she probably meant her husband, when he left for the east! How sad!'' the other said.
`'Yes, and that was before her father had locked her in her room for some reason at dawn, I think she was trying to steal something from her father! Can you believe it?'' the woman continued on.
`'I've heard that she wont survive the night, she doesn't want to live'' the other concluded, and they kneeled before the shrine, and prayed.
 
Inuyasha from the tree felt like he was being stabbed over and over again with a knife.
She's killed herself because I left...she didn't betray me...It's all my fault...she's dead....
Inuyasha himself wanted to die, and he didn't know why. Then the key...it was for real! She even tried to help me before killing herself! How could someone be so kind to him, even after she though I had abandoned her! And, for the second time in his life, he let tears come out of his eyes. He remembered the first time he had cried. When he had heard his mother die. But that was the only time, and he had sworn to himself that day as a child to be strong, and not love anyone, for everybody he loved died. He did not want to suffer. And now Kagome was dead. He remembered the first time he had seen her, so beautiful, crying in the bench...
 
A sudden madness took over him. He leaped out of the tree, leaving the two women wide eyed, and ran as fast as he could to the palace. He looked over and over every window of the north side in the third floor, until he saw the studio. There was the emperor, sitting in his desk, his back facing him. Inuyasha growled. He turned around, and jumped to a patio in the third floor. He ran trough the deserted hallways, and went to the door. He opened it with the key. He entered and closed the door. The emperor looked up, and stared at him.
`'Who do you think you are?'' he said, and got up. Inuyasha walked over Tetsusaiga, and brought it down.
`'I'm the owner of this. I am the son of Inutaisho, brother of Sesshoumaru. I am Inuyasha'' he said with a cold voice.
`'That's impossible!'' the emperor shouted. `'Inuyasha died''
`'According to who?''
The emperor widened his eyes in shock. If Inuyasha was alive, then he and Sesshoumaru had the power of taking his power away!
`'Don't worry, old man, I'm not in taking your emperor place, and less with my brother, wanting to kill me'' he said. In a blink of an eye, he threw himself at the emperor, holding his neck with his clawed hand, and raised him in the air.
`'Tell anyone about this, and wat I'll take from you will be your life. Do not underestimate me, do not think your human guards can catch me'' he said in a cold threat. He let go of the emperor, and he fell to the floor.
Inuyasha opened the window and jumped out, disappearing into the night.
 
But he still had to do something before leaving for ever.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
The emperor rubbed his neck. That hanyou thought he was the best. Well, if he thought he was going to keep quiet, he was wrong. He called for Sango, and while she arrived he wrote a letter to Sesshoumaru. When Sango arrived, he gave the girl the card and its destination. Sango left. Then, he called for his most secretive ally. He sat at his desk, and there was a slight knock on the door.
`'You called for me, lord?'' he said in his cool voice.
`'Yes, Naraku. I have a little job for you''
 
The half demon grinned. He liked the job.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome woke up once more, the pain being almost gone. She slowly sat up. Kaede and Kohaku were both sleeping.
It's now or never, she thought. She slowly got up, gripping her stomach, and walked silently out of the room. Night had fallen. She walked towards her old room. She took out a knife she had hidden in her mattress, she kept knives everywhere. Then, she would die here. She sat on her bench, and gazed at the moon, and sighed. She also looked at her tree, and noticed the key was gone. She smiled.
At least he got what he wanted.
She raised the knife, this time aiming at her heart. She closed her eyes and swung the knife. But the pain never came. She opened her eyes. She found a pair of gold amber eyes staring into her, his hands holding hers, stopping the knife. He took it from her hands, and tossed it away. He then threw himself at her, and embraced her tightly, shaking, holding her in his arms as close as possible.
`'You're alive. You're alive'' he kept on saying. She couldn't help but wrap her arms around him. She slid of the bench, and they stood in the petal covered floor in their knees.
`'I thought...I thought you had abandoned me...I don't find a reason for living without you'' she said, and started to cry, and held him closer.
`'I though...you were in your room...I though you had betrayed me...and then I saw Kohaku come here, I thought he was looking for me, that you had told him...I'm so sorry, Kagome...''
`'My father...he discovered me...he locked me in my room...he wants me to marry Kohaku next week! And I don't want to, Inuyasha! And he will force me to sleep with him! I don't want to...'' she started crying more fiercely now. He held her tightly against him.
`'I wont let him. Maybe marry him, but if he forces you, I swear I'll kill him with my own hands if he even dares to put a finger on you'' he said with a growl.
`'Inuyasha...'' Kagome said, separating from his embrace.
`'Yes?'' he asked, looking at her beautiful eyes.
`'Inuyasha...I love you'' and she kissed him softly. She separated her lips from his, and turned her head away. He grabbed her chin, making her face him again. He held the back of her neck, and oulled her to him. This time, the kiss was full of passion, love, desperation. They wrapped their arms in each other, kissing passionately. At last they separated, and she looked longily at him.
`'I promise I will come tomorrow night. Every night. And at day, I will be watching you. Do not look for me at day. Come here when night falls. Be patient, I will come for you'' he said, and shooting a last glance at her, his eyes full of love, and something else that Kagome couldn't place, and he jumped into the night. Kagome did not move. After a few minutes, she sat back in the bench, and laid in it, and fell asleep, gripping the key that Inuyasha had slipped in her hands before leaving. She had noticed Tetsusaiga in his belt. She smiled in her sleep.
 
 
A/N
 
Uuu, Even I liked this chapter! What will happen, now that they are in love? What will they do? And if someone discover their secret? And what about Sesshoumaru, what will be his reaction? And what's Naraku supposed to do? Review, and I'll make an interesting next chapter!! ^_^