InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Ribbon ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
 
Chapter 5: Ribbon
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes, feeling the sun brush her face, and she closed her eyed again. Her bed was as hard as a rock, for some reason. Something soft and light fell on her face. She lifted her hand, and her fingers felt a petal. Then she remembered the night before. She remembered Inuyasha, the softness of his lips against hers, his promise. She smiled, and then felt something shake softly her arm. She opened her eyes again, and saw Kohaku kneeling before her, concern in his face.
`'Kagome? Are you alright?'' he asked her, and noticed his eyes glance at the knife in the floor between the petals. She slowly nodded, and she sat up, in the bench.
`'You almost gave me a stroke this morning when I didn't see you in Kaede's room. I first checked your room, and then came here'' he said, helping her stand up.
`'I'm ok, I wanted to be here for a while...''
`'And that knife?'' he asked.
`'I....'' she couldn't tell the truth!'' I can't remember'' she lied. Of course she remembered. How she longed to see him again, to kiss him again, feel his arms around her. She distractively looked around the roofs. She would have sworn she saw something move. Kohaku did not notice. He led her back to the room they had together.
`'You seem to have improved'' he said, noticing she ignored her wound. But it did hurt. The only reason she was ignoring it was because Inuyasha had took hold of her thoughts. She could only think of him. Kohaku motioned her to sit in the bed.
`'Call for Kieko, please. I want to bathe, and I can't do it alone'' she said. Kohaku was about to offer, but he rejected the idea.
 
 
After she had taken a bath (her wound had hurt terribly with the hot water) Kieko put a bandage on her wound, and dressed her with a white Kimono, with a cherry tree painted on it. It was the only white one she had, but she loved it. Her ribbon was pink, matching the leaves of the tree. Kieko also brushed her long hair, and after washing it, when it dried it was She then went to Kaede's, walking slowly, and the woman gave her a healing soup, that apart from taking her hunger away helped restore everything she had cut inside her stomach. It was really painful, but she drank it anyways, she knew it would help. After eating, she returned to her room, the room she had before being engaged to Kohaku, and slept for a pair of hours. There were still a few hours for night, so she had Kohaku bring her a bunch of books, and she passed the evening reading, but this time, she read fairytale books, wanting her imagination to fly off a bit. When it was dinner time, she drank another one of Kaede's soups, and told Kohaku, this time without lying, that she was going to be for awhile in the garden, and told him to make sure no one bothered her (including him). He nodded and let her go.
 
Kagome ran to the patio, and thought that if she didn't see him she would explode. She sat in the bench, and waited. Five minutes passed, and nobody came. She began to get nervous.
`'I like that Kimono you're wearing, it fits you'' a playful voice said from above her. She immediately turned, and smiled when she saw Inuyasha grinning down at her, sitting in his branch.
`'How long have you been watching me?'' she asked, smiling back.
`'Since you came. I wanted to get you nervous. Apparently, it worked'' he said, and chuckled. She stood up, and climbed to the branch, helped by him. She sat in his lap; her head leaned into his shoulder. He caressed her hair with his hand, and kissed her.
`'I brought you a present'' he suddenly said. He reached into the pockets in his haori, and got out a small package, wrapped in paper.
She took it from his hands, and carefully opened it. She took out a beautiful dark purple ribbon.
`'Oh...It's...its beautiful!'' she said, and kissed him in thanks.
`'I got it from a store in town. The salesman didn't want to give it to me, but I threatened him to kill him, so he handed it over for free, and then I told him if he told anyone he saw me I'd give him a slow and painful death. I think it worked'' he explains smiling to her. She laughed.
`'You're so funny!''
`'Of course I am'' he said, and made a face. Kagome laughed even more, and snuggled closer to him, feeling the heat his body gave her. They kissed again, more passionately.
`'I wish I could stay here all night...'' she said.
`'I wish too'' he said, and added `'If only that runt of a husband you have would leave for a few days, you could, and we could even see ourselves at day...''
`'Oh Kami I forgot!'' she exclaimed suddenly.
`'He isn't my husband yet! We're supposed to get married this week! Oh, Inuyasha...I don't want to! I only want you!'' she buried her face in his chest. He kissed the top of her head.
`'I know. I know'' he said. `'I could get rid of him if you want me too. That way you could do anything you wanted'' he said.
`'No! Are you mad? I don't want him dead! And besides, if you killed me, my father will find me another husband in less than five minutes. He would even let Koga marry me, just to get rid of me'' she said.
`'Who's Koga?'' he asked, a flicker of jealousy in his voice.
`'He's a wolf demon, works for my father. He's completely obsessed with me, he's always calling me `'my woman'' and doesn't let me in peace! Thank Kami he's not coming back until...wait! He's coming back THIS week! Oh, why me?!'' she screamed into the night, frustrated.
`'You're so cute when you get mad'' Inuyasha said. Kagome rolled her eyes.
`'And don't worry about the wimpy wolf. As soon has he bother's you too much, I'll do something to him. Not kill him, something'' Inuyasha said.
`'I don't think you can intimidate him, he's so proud...'' Kagome sighed.
Suddenly, Inuyasha's ears twitched.
`'Someone's coming'' he said in a low growl. Inuyasha grabbed Kagome and gently put her down on the bench, and hurried up to the tree, hiding in the shadows of its branches. Then, Kohaku came running in.
`'Kagome, are you alright?!'' he asked, inspecting her.
`'Um, yeah, why?'' she asked.
`'I heard you scream...'' he said.
`'Sorry! I just felt like screaming. Girl problems'' she said, smiling, hoping if he would fall for it.
`'Well, anyways I came here because I have wonderful news!'' he said happily.
Oh, no. now what? Kagome thought.
`'Your father just told me tomorrow we can officially get married!'' he said.
Kagome's heart sank to the floor.
`'To...tomorrow? But isn't it a bit...um...early? She said.
`'Well, we've been a week together now! Anyways, it's all arranged! Miroku will marry us tomorrow. Now, come on, let's go back, you'll catch a cold'' he said, and pulled her hand, dragging her behind him. Kagome turned her head to the tree, and saw Inuyasha standing in front of the bench, looking at her, and he gave her a sad smile. She smiled back, and remembered his words.
 
Be patient, I will come for you.
 
I will come for you.
 
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
That Kagome remembered as the longest day in her life. She was woke up early in the morning, and Kieko had helped her put on the wedding gown, a sort of white Kimono with red flowers printed on the sleeves and legs, with a red corset that surrounded all of her waist and stomach. Kieko was about to tie the white Ribbon, but Kagome suddenly stopped her, and gave her the purple one Inuyasha had given to her.
`'Where did you get this? It's one of the most expensive ribbon's I've ever seen! Not even you had one of this kind before!'' Kieko said suspicious.
`'Wedding gift from town'' Kagome said, smiling.
 
Kieko tied the ribbon. It was beautiful, giving the white Kimono a perfect contrast of colours. She then made her hair, and put it up in two small hair buns, and the rest of her hair fell loose around her. If Inuyasha had seen her, he'd probably have drooled, being a dog.
 
 
Escorted by Kieko and Kikyo, who didn't speak a word, they went to the shrine in the palace, in the third floor. Her father wasn't there. Kohaku was kneeling before the shrine, in front of Miroku. He had a dark blue robe. When he saw her, he let his jaw drop. She was looking gorgeous. She kneeled beside him, and heard Miroku speak. Thankfully, they did not have to kiss. After an hour of hearing Miroku speak, they had the tea of wedding, exchanging cups, and then there was the meal. When Kohaku told her he had arranged a ball for tonight, she wanted to die.
How will I see Inuyasha? Is he watching me now? I wish he could.....
 
They went to the dinning room, and ate together. Kohaku was chatting happily, more talking to himself, for Kagome did not touch the food, and she did not listen to him. She could only think of Inuyasha, and the ball of that night.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha was sitting on a roof that faced the shrine. When Kagome came in, his heart stopped. She was so beautiful! She had a wedding white Kimono, her hair in two cute buns, and the most surprising of all, she had his ribbon on. She was marrying another man, but wore the ribbon. The ribbon he had given her. The desire of hold her in his arms, of touch his lips to hers was killing her. Then, he heard the runt tell Kagome something about a ball.
Then, I will not be able to see her...Inuyasha's heart sank.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome returned after eating to her old room, where Kieko helped her change, this time into a dress. It was tight, making her curves show, and it was black. It had blood red flower prints, and a purple corset, that matched perfectly with the ribbon. She felt like a princess, although she already was. Her hair was combed over and over until it was completely straight, making it longer. She also wore a white flower on her head, like the ones that grew in Japanese-like trees. She was the perfect sight, graceful in all manners, beautiful. She looked out the window, as the sun hid itself, but surprisingly, the moon did not show.
The new moon! She thought. The night Inuyasha was human... So much time had passed since the last new moon? She couldn't believe it!
 
Her thoughts were interrupted by Kieko, who entered the room, and told her it was time.
 
 
The ballroom was actually a gigantic saloon, with it's dinning table. It was on the third floor, and it occupied all of the west side. When Kagome entered, all eyes gazed upon her. Kohaku stepped out of the crowd, wearing a more elegant robe, a dark green colour, and took her hand, gazing at her. Kagome did not smile. People started being introduced to her. Who she didn't see was neither her father, nor Sesshoumaru, who usually attended to balls. Sango ran to her, and smiled happily.
`'Hello, Kagome-chan!'' she said with a smile. Kagome gave her a smile back. She took Kagome away from Kohaku.
`'Look, Kagome, I wanted to apologize. I misjudged you. I'm sorry'' she said.
`'It's ok...'' she said. The musicians started playing, and people started to dance. Kohaku took Kagome, and they danced. Kagome wanted to run away, run to see Inuyasha, who now in his human form must be suffering. The song ended, and many ladies started asking Kohaku to dance, and Kagome slipped away. She stayed in a faraway corner, looking at the people, longing for Inuyasha. Then, a masculine voice asked her:
`'May I have this dance?''
Kagome turned, and couldn't believe her eyes. Inuyasha was wearing a blue robe, a very expensive one too. His hair was black, his ears where they should be. He looked handsome.
`'Yes you may'' she said with a smile, and they started dancing the slow song.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha saw night fall, and his hair turned black, his ears replaced by a human's. It was time. If Kagome couldn't come, he'd go. He changed in a deserted room to the robe he had `'purchased'' from the same man he had bought the ribbon. Inuyasha sighed, and headed to the ballroom. He saw Kagome talking to people. When his gaze fell upon her, his jaw dropped slightly, and his heart stopped.
She was so beautiful.
 
The black tight dress, the flower in her hair, the ribbon he had given her, her flowery scent...it sent him aching for desire for her. Then, the musicians started playing, and Kagome danced with Kohaku. He stood by, waiting for his opportunity. When the song ended, Kagome retreated to a corner. He went to her, and asked her:
`'May I have this dance?''
She looked at him, and happiness wrote her face. She smiled warningly to him, a smile only meant for him.
`'You may''.
 
He took her hand, and they went to dance. It was a slow song, folk Japanese music, and they danced close to each other, their arms wrapped in a dancing position, as close as possible to each other.
`'You wore my ribbon'' he said.
`'It's beautiful'' she said.
`'Not more than you are, especially tonight. You look....beyond wonderful. The most beautiful woman in the world'' he teased her. She smiled at him, longing to kiss him. She kissed him in the cheek.
`'You too are very, and I mean very handsome. Where did you get the robe?''
`'From my friend that sold me the ribbon'' he said with a grin. She couldn't help but laugh. The song ended, but they did not separate, until Kohaku came along, jealousy in his eyes.
`'kagome?'' he asked, as in an ordering way.
`'Oh, Kohaku! Here let me present you an old friend of mine, Kahei, we used to play together as children. When my mother died, he moved away, and I haven't seen him until tonight!'' she invented. Inuyasha smiled at the lie.
`'Pleased to meet you. You have a beautiful wife'' he said, letting go of Kagome.
Kohaku took Kagome by the hand, in a possessive manner. Suddenly, Kagome let out a whine of pain.
`'What is it?'' Kohaku and Inuyasha asked at the same time.
`'My...stomach...'' she said, putting a painful expression, holding her hands to her stomach.
`'Do you need to go to Kaede?'' Kohaku asked.
`'No...I think I just need to rest...to much agitation today...Kahei, can you accompany me?'' she asked.
`'Don't bother yourself, I'll take her'' Kohaku said.
`'No, don't worry, I really only came here to congratulate her. You attend your guests, I'll make sure she is safe and I'll leave back home'' Inuyasha said, and before Kohaku could answer, he took Kagome away.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Once out the ballroom, they started running across the empty halls, and entered the patio.
`'You are a great actress, you knew that? Does it really hurt?'' Inuyasha said, and picking her up in bridal-style, he climbed to the branch, and Kagome snuggled into him.
`'No, I'm ok. I was faking!'' she said, and laughed. Then, they had the passionate and deep kiss they longed for so much.
`'kami, I thought I would have died if I didn't kiss you'' she said, and they kissed again, tongues dancing together, arms wrapping in the other, as close as possible to each other.
Their lips separated, but before they could say anything, they heard a rustle of leaves. They looked down, and looking up at them, anger and a killing desire in his eyes, was Kohaku.
 
 
A/N
 
Hahahahahah I'm so EEEEEVIL! What will Kohaku do? To find out, I want a minimum of 5 REVIESW OR YOU EILL NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! AND THIS TIME I'M SERIOUS ABOUT IT!!!!! BWAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH *cough* *cough* *choke* 8gotta stop laughing like that.....)