InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Surprise? ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red Petals
 
Chapter 14: Surprise?
 
`'Sesshoumaru-sama, they have escaped. It is true. Your brother is alive'' said Rin as she entered Sesshoumaru's studio.
`'Kagome escaped with my brother? Why?''
`'I suppose they became in love with each other'' Rin answered.
 
Sesshoumaru stayed in silence for awhile, thinking. Would he go after his brother and kill him or let him in peace?
`'I know what you're thinking. I know you've suffered, but he has no guilt. Let him be'' Rin said, searching into Sesshoumaru's eyes.
`'I want you to find out where they are. In case someone were to kill him, I will spare him and use him for my purposes'' Sesshoumaru said.
`'Yes, Lord'' Rin said.
`'Be careful'' Sesshoumaru said as she went out.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
The emperor was enraged. Her daughter had run away with some mononoke. He had been shamed. His guards had not returned yet. She had probably killed them. He had heard of Kahei training her. That traitor. There was now only one option left. She called for someone, who minutes later came in the studio.
`'You called for me, Lord?''
`'Yes. You know what I am going to say. Kill him swiftly. Bring me back my daughter''
`'Yes, Lord'' Kouga replied. He would kill that mutt for taking away Kagome.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes. Her back hurt, her bed was stiff as stone. Then she remembered. She was sleeping on the floor, wrapped in Inuyasha. The scent of their love making hung in the air. They were covered by a single blanket, but the heat of their naked bodies was enough. She moved in his arms, making him wake up. His silver hair was all around him, and his amber orbs stared into her.
`'Good morning'' Kagome said, kissing him softly.
`'Good morning'' he said in response, kissing her back. She moved away from his grasp, and without bothering to cover herself, she got up and went to the bathroom. After fifteen minutes, she came out again, clean and with her riding clothes on. Inuyasha took a bath as well, and when he came out, wearing a light blue robe Kagome had bought for him, Kagome had cooked breakfast. They sat and ate in silence, thinking of what they had done. Kagome cleared the dishes and went out, and after calling Shun and putting on his saddle and bridle, she practised her riding as Inuyasha watched her from the tree besides the lake. After one hour of riding, Kagome stopped and after leaving Shun once more in the field without the saddle, she went next to Inuyasha.
`'You're a great rider'' Inuyasha praised her.
`'Thank you'' she answered, and placed a kiss on his lips. Soon they were wrapped in themselves, kissing passionately. They separated, and stayed there, watching the crystal lake.
 
 
 
Autumn had slowly moved in, and the sakura tree lost its pink petals. The trees were now tainted in brown and orange, the green grass turned yellow. It rained oftenly, and Kagome had to pu all the horses in the stable at those times, for the horses could get ill if they were out in the cold rain. Kahei visited once a week, but didn't stay more than an hour, and every night, they made love. They had made the decision that it was time to have children.
 
One morning, after eating breakfast, Kagome suddenly ran to the bathroom and threw up, very dizzy. Inuyasha was by her side, looking worried at her. This scene was repeated every week, and soon enough Kagome's belly started growing. When she told Inuyasha that she was pregnant, Inuyasha almost fell to the floor.
 
Inuyasha had to take care of her day and night, for the growing baby wouldn't let her sleep, and she sometimes was in pain if she felt sad. Inuyasha was always lending her his strength, more to the baby, for every time she felt sad or bad the baby tried to comfort her with its youkai powers, but in humans that was terribly painful.
`'How long will this last?'' Inuyasha sked one day.
`'Six more months, or at least in human time it's nine months and we're already trough three of them'' Kagome answered.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
One night, after going to bed, the horses suddenly started whinnying, and there was a noise heard. Inuyasha quickly got up, gripping Tetsusaiga in one hand.
`'Wait here'' he said.
 
Kagome got up and ran to the bathroom, and got out her own sword, and returned to her bedroom. If she was to wait there, she wanted some protection. Her fear and nervousness was making the baby try to comfort her, and hit hurt terribly. Suddenly, there were shouts heard, and the sounds of someone fighting. Kagome went out, gripping her sword, and saw Kouga and Inuyasha fighting in the living room. When Kouga saw her, he got distracted for a moment, and got hit by Inuyasha, who sent him flying across the room.
`'Kagome, go back!'' he yelled. Kagome suddenly dropped her sword and collapsed to the floor in pain. Inuyasha went by he side, and grabbing her in his arms, he put his hand over her belly, giving his strength to the baby. Kagome started breathing normally, the pain fading away.
`'You dog crap! How dare you even touch her?! How dare you leave her pregnant?!'' Kouga yelled in anger.
`'Kouga, please, no...'' Kagome's voice was heard. Kouga stopped short.
`'He kidnapped you Kagome! Look what he did to you!'' Kouga kept yelling.
`'He didn0t kidnap me...I escaped with him...I love him, Kouga...'' Kagome said, and whined in pain, but was quickly attended by Inuyasha.
 
Kouga couldn't believe what she had said. She loved that mutt? Instead of him?
`'Leave, Kouga, don't bother coming back. Leave us alone'' Kagome said.
`'And if you come back I'll cut you in pieces'' Inuyasha added.
`'Kagome, I...'' Kouga couldn't finish. He ran out the house, disappearing into the forest.
 
Kagome now yelled in pain. Why wasn't Inuyasha's hand working?''
`'Kagome, what's wrong? I'm giving you all of my strength!'' Inuyasha asked her, a desperate tone in his voice.
`'I think...I think I...'' Kagome couldn't end the hrase. She felt blood flowing down her legs.
Inuyasha stared horrified at the blood.
 
They had lost their child.
 
 
A/N
 
Well, there you go, a bit of a traumatizing ending, but I decided it was a bit soon for a kid so I killed it. All the stress, you know. Well, com'on and review!!! And sorry for the short chapter.
 
Petpeeves12: men lost the horses, and their lives while were at it. ^_^
 
Kagomefan595: I told you, its ok. Thanx anyway!
 
Inukag909: gee, thanx
 
Raithya: I can kill Inuyasha. (joking) and there you go, I put in kouga, rin and our fluffy friend. (Sesshoumaru)