InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ The visitor ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 13: The Visitor
 
Inuyasha slowly woke up, feeling a great pain in his chest, and he knew that he was still in his human form. He suddenly remembered what had happened. Where was Kagome? Was she alright?
`'Are you awake, Inuyasha?'' the soft voice came from his side. Kagome was looking at him trough the darkness.
`'Kagome!'' he explained in relief, and gathered her in his arms, pushing her against him, ignoring the wounds.
`'They started following me, I think I killed five or so...I feared for you!'' he said, caressing her hair, kissing her.
`'The idiots didn't see me as a threat. I managed to separate them and fool them, for they work for my father, and killed them all. We have fifteen more horses now'' she explained.
`'What did you do with the bodies?''
`'I burned them, and cleaned the blood after treating your wounds'' she said ''But I fear for Kahei. He was banished from the palace. Nobody knows where he is.
`'He can take care of himself, he'll be alright'' Inuyasha reassured her, and kissed her again. He was just relieved that she was alive and well. It was all that mattered to him.
`'You really killed them all?'' he asked her, and she explained what she had done. Inuyasha laughed at her.
`'You sure have grown braver than the girl I kept in my arms a few months ago'' he said tenderly, kissing her softly.
`'They hurt you. They had to pay. I will not let anything or anyone separate us, Inuyasha'' she said, cuddling closer to him. He held her in his arms. It was the inconvenient of being human. He wanted her so much it was hard to restrain.
 
He began kissing her passionately, tongues brushing against each other, his hand caressing her neck, sliding down. Kagome gasped in his mouth. He quickly raised his hand back to her neck. Kagome giggled when they separated.
`'Not now. Your wounds can reopen'' she said playfully.
`'When I go back to my hanyou from they will heal almost instantly. And then...'' he let the phrase hanging in the air, only to discover that Kagome had fallen asleep.
 
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome woke up, and found herself alone in bed. The smell of food came from somewhere in the house. She got up, went to the bathroom, and changed into her white kimono, the one with the sakura tree, and the purple ribbon. She let her hair loose, and went out to the living room. Inuyasha was standing in the kitchen, fully dressed, with a new fire rat haori that Kagome had bought him in the village the day before. He smiled to her, while he checked on the cooking food.
`'Breakfast will be ready soon'' he said, smiling warmly to her. She sat in one of the big cushions, and he borught over the food in the tray.
`'I see you went yesterday to the village while I was gone. Thanks for the clothes'' he said as he started eating.
`'No problem'' she said.
`'I owe you an apology for yesterday. I'm sorry for leaving you unprotected'' he apologized, lowering his head, his ears lowered down.
`'Do you really think that of yourself? As a `dirty half-breed'?'' she asked, looking him in the eye.
`'That is what I am. I don't even deserve your love for what I am'' he said, ashamed.
 
Kagome stood up and went next to him, kneeling in front of him, and she threw her arms around him.
`'I don't know what people have done to you for you to think that just because you have mixed bloods you are dirty. You are the best person I have ever met in my whole life. It is me who doesn't deserve your love; you are strong, have suffered, and still go on. I'm just a weak human'' she said, tears welling up in her eyes.
`'Kagome!'' Inuyasha said, and surrounded his arms in her, drawing her closer.
`'Now, come on, lets pick this up and go with the horses for a while, you have to meet the new ones'' she said happily, and jumped off, taking away the empty tray. Inuyasha was waiting for her at the door. They walked down to the field, Kagome with four carrots in her hand. The other horses she had gathered last night were mostly dark brown, there was a cream one with white hair, and another black. All the horses gathered around her, and she made sure all the horses had their piece of carrot. They sat at the edge of the lake, leaned against a big sakura tree. Its pink petals floated in the crystalline water, the sun making the lake shine in all its glory. Some horses were drinking or bathing, some were grazing and some were sleeping.
 
Inuyasha and Kagome were sitting side by side, Kagome's head on Inuyasha's shoulder, his arm around her waist. They stayed like that in silence for a long time, watching the lake, until suddenly a whinny of a horse was heard, and Shun started cantering in the direction of the house. There, watching the, there was a man.
`'Kahei!'' Kagome exclaimed, and getting up, she ran to him, Inuyasha following her, walking.
 
Kahei was stroking Shun's muzzle, as the horse happily greeted his former owner. Kagome embraced Kahei.
`'Kahei! What are you doing here?'' she asked him, happy that he was ok.
`'I came to warn you that fifteen men were sent to look for you and kill Inuyasha. They banished me, Kagome. They didn't believe me'' he explained.
`'I know. They came here'' she said.
`'What? Where are they?''
`'Dead. Five were killed by Inuyasha, the rest by me. All that's left of them are ashes'' she said. Inuyasha finally reached them, and stood behind Kagome.
`'Hello, Inuyasha''
`'Hi''
`'I trained you well'' Kahei said to Kagome, smiling. `'Were did you get so many horses?''
`'The night we left, we were ambushed by bandits in the forest. We kept all the horses, and we also kept the horses of Kumamoto and his men'' she explained.
`'You killed Kumamoto?'' Kahei asked.
`'Yes''
 
Kahei burst out laughing.
`'You tricked him! Killed him and his men! I never thought he was going to die, the bastard'' he said, and laughed more.
`'What are you going to do now, Kahei?'' Kagome asked him.
`'I noticed there was a village not far from here. I could live here, visit you once a week'' he said.
`'that's great! Take Shun, he is yours after all'' Kagome said.
`'No, he seems happy enough here with the other horses. I prefer that. I'll take Kumamoto's horse'' he said.
`'Ok, that's fine'' Kagome said. She went to the stables, gathered Kumamoto's horse's saddle and bridle with the help of Kahei, who's name was Aoi, and went down to the field. The horse was big, a dark brown with black hair. He was a magnificent horse. Kagome helped Kahei put on the saddle and bridle, Kahei mounted and, after saying goodbye to Inuyasha and Kagome, he left towards the village. Kagome returned next to Inuyasha, who held her by her waist, her back against his chest.
`'I'm glad he's alright'' she said.
`'He did help us'' was all Inuyasha said. They went into the house again, and sat in the cushions of the living room.
`'We should gather wood. It looks like it's going to be a cold night, and we have the chimney'' Kagome said.
`'I'll go'' Inuyasha said, and after kissing her, he exited the house, going to the woods. Ten minutes later, he came back with a huge pile of wood, and he put some of it in the chimney, leaving another pile next to it. Outside, night was falling swiftly trough the lands.
 
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
After eating dinner, they set the fire of the chimney, which gave the room enough light and warmth. Kagome sat close to ii after taking a bath, and putting on one of the simple kimonos. Her hair fell around her like a second robe, and her blue eyes shined with the fire. Inuyasha was sitting across her, watching her carefully.
`'Inuyasha?'' Kagome's voice broke the silence.
`'Yes?''
`'Do...do you really love me? Or are you with me for fear to be alone, making yourself believe that you do love me?''
 
Inuyasha quickly got up, and took her in his arms.
`'How can you say that? Of course I love you, Kagome!'' he said. The question had shattered his heart.
`'Its just that...I sometimes feel I'm so alone...''she said. Inuyasha held her even closer.
`'You're not alone. You will always have me'' he said, and kissed her. She deepened the kiss, soon tongues brushing together. But it wasn't enough. They fell to the floor, laying down, and Kagome started rubbing his ears. He moaned into her mouth and his heart bounced when he felt her hands over his chest, and soon his haori was off, showing his chest. Inuyasha looked questioningly at her, and in response she let her robe fall open. She was offering herself to him. They started kissing again, his hands caressing every line of her body, and she moaned in his mouth. Soon, naked skin against each other was brushing, and a moan was heard as he entered her, the fire the only witness of their love making.
 
 
A/N
 
Um, well, what to say about this chapter? That it is rated M? lol. Review and tell me what you think.
 
NCchick4456: There you go. ^_^
 
Kagomefan595: don't worry, at least u reviewed.
 
Raithya: Inuyasha did not die! How could I kill him? At least, not NOW......and I'm afraid sesshi and Rin won't be in the story until much further. Dun dun dun dun!