InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Miscarriage ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 15: Miscarriage
 
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes. She was laying down in a soft place. A small lamp burned in her room. She instinctively moved her hand to her belly, only to find it flat. Panic gripped her. What had happened? Why wasn't her belly fat?
`'Inuyasha?'' she called out faintly.
`'I'm here'' she heard him say. She turned her head. He was sitting on the bed, legs corssed, next to her.
`'What...happened? Where is our baby?'' she asked, fearful.
`'Koga came. You managed to make him leave. Suddenly you fainted. You were full off blood. I didn't know what to do. I cleaned you. But....'' he couldn't finish. He held her hand tightly.
`'The baby?'' she asked. She feared looking into his eyes.
`'No. Oh Kami please no...it can't be!'' she yelled, and broke crying. Inuyasha gathered her in his arms, and held her closely as she cried into him.
`'I lost it. I lost it'' was all she said, over and over again. Inuyasha caressed her hair.
`'I'm sorry, Inuyasha, I'm so sorry...'' she kept on saying.
`'It wasn't your fault. If that son of a bitch wouldn't have come, nothing of this would have happened...'' Inuyasha said. Kagome was crying and shaking frenetically. Inuyasha couldn't stand her pain. He couldn't stand his own. He didn't know what to do to comfort her.
`'It's aright Kagome, please stop crying...I can't stand it...please stop'' he pleaded. The girl tried to calm down. She slowly went silent in his arms. His haori was wet with tears.
`'We can always try again, Kagome. All hope is not lost'' he said, trying to make her feel better.
Kagome remained silent. Soon Inuyasha noticed she had fallen asleep in his arms.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kouga returned defeated to the castle, and went to see the emperor.
`'YOU WHAT?!'' he yelled at the wolf demon.
`'I couldn't do it. Kagome means too much for me to see her suffer. But she was carrying a child from that filthy half breed'' Kouga said.
`'My daughter is pregnant? I hope for our own good she looses the child. In any case, we shall wait until the child is born. Then, I will send Naraku to kill all of them. She has left me with no choice'' the emperor said.
`'You can't kill Kagome!'' Kouga yelled.
`'I can do anything I want. But you, Kouga, are banished from here. Never come back'' the emperor said.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kahei cantered as fast as possible to Inuyasha and Kagome's house. He knew something was amiss. He finally arrived, and jumping of Aoi, he knocked several times at the door. It was midday, and it seemed strange that Kagome and Inuyasha weren't in the field, as usual.
 
Inuyasha opened the door. Kagome was nowhere to be seen.
`'Oh, It's you'' Inuyasha said.
`'Is everything ok?'' Kahei asked.
`'Come in'' Inuyasha said. He led Kahei to one of the cushions of the living room.
`'You know that Kagome was pregnant, right?'' Inuyasha asked him.
`'Yes. But, what do you mean by `'was''?'' Kahei asked, fearful.
`'Last night, Kouga came. I fought with him, until Kagome got him to leave. I don't know why, but...she had a miscarriage. She lost our child'' Inuyasha said, pain and sadness written al over him.
`'A...a miscarriage? I'm so sorry. Truly I am. Where is Kagome? She must be devastated'' Kahei said. It had tore his heart apart.
`'She's sleeping'' Inuyasha said.
`'Inuyasha...''came a faint call from the bedroom. Inuyasha quickly got up and ran to the bedroom, followed by Kahei. In an instant he was by her side.
`'What is it?'' he asked her.
`'I'm very thirsty'' she said.
`'Stay with her'' Inuyasha ordered Kahei as he ran to the kitchen.
`'Kagome...'' Kahei said.
`'ka...Kahei? Is that you?'' she asked.
`'I'm so sorry, Kagome. I wish I could do something'' he said.
`'Don't worry'' was all she said. Inuyasha came in with a glass of water, and helping Kagome sit up, she drank it all.
`'Rest now'' Inuyasha said. She closed her eyes and instantly fell asleep.
 
Inuyasha and Kahei went into the living room again.
`'I'll be leaving. If you need anything, look fro me'' Kahei said.
`'Thank you. Goodbye'' Inuyasha said, holding the door open for him. He saw Shun trotting to him, and he went out, and stroked the horses muzzle.
`'Kagome won't be riding you in a while. Go with your friends, come on'' he said, and the horse left to the valley.
 
Inuyasha went back in, and found Kagome sitting next to the chimney.
`'You're up'' Inuyasha said.
`'I'm cold'' she said. `'can you put the fire on the chimney?''
`'Sure'' he said, and he did as he was told. He then sat next to her.
`'Kagome...I just don't know what to do'' Inuyasha said.
`'You're doing enough. Thank you'' she said, and plastered a sad smiled on her face. `'But there's really nothing else to do than wait until I start feeling better. It's my fault'' she said.
`'No it's not. It's that wimpy wolf's fault. But I still feel bad for you, Kagome. I feel as if I could do something but I'm not doing it at all''
`'You're doing what you can, and that's more than enough. I have to deal with this'' she said.
 
Inuyasha embraced her, and she wrapped her arms around him.
`'I'm sorry I'm making you suffer'' she said. He held her closer to him.
`'At least I'm not suffering alone as I have done all these years'' he said, and kissed the top of her head.
`'Just give me two or three days. You have to understand how I feel'' she said.
`'I know, love. I know'' he now kissed her in the lips, the first time since the miscarriage. She slumped into his arms.
`'Take me out. I want to be with the horses'' she said. He picked her up bridal style, and carried her out to the field, and he sat leaned into the tree besides the lake. Shun came trotting by, and he noticed something was wrong. He bent down towards Kagome, and she hugged the horse's head. Soon, all the horses were laying around them. The sun was setting between the mountains, giving the lake different colours. Kagome cuddled into Inuyasha, and he kissed the top of her head. She turned around and kissed him passionately. He was surprised at first, but he gave away, letting her rub one of his ears. He moaned into her mouth. He loved that.
`'Why the sudden outburst?'' Inuyasha asked her.
`'I don't know, I guess going out here and seeing the horses cheered me up a bit'' she said, and kissed him softly again.
`'I'm glad'' he said, and held her closer to him.
`'Kagome?''
`'Yes Inuyasha?''
`'What would you have done if you never met me?'' he asked.
`'I don't know...I suppose I would have to live with Kohaku or Kahei'' she said. `'hat would you have done?''
`'Keep living on alone, I suppose, until I died'' he answered.
`'That's so sad'' she said, and kissed him on the cheek.
`'But things aren't that way, thank Kami. We have each other'' she said.
`'I will always be with you, Kagome, no matter what''
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
When night fell over them and the cold air had struck, they went inside, and while Kagome sat in front of the fire Inuyasha prepared dinner.
`'Tomorrow I'll have to go to the village to buy food. But I'm reluctant to leave you alone'' he said.
`'I would go with you, but I can't I have to watch the house and the horses. I'll be fine. If anything happens, I have my sword and arrows and I feel with enough energy to ride in case necessary'' she said. `'I'll be fine''
`'I still don't want you, but I have to, we're running out of food'' he said as he placed the food in front of her, and they began eating.
 
After clearing the dishes, Inuyasha helped Kagome clean herself and they went to bed, cuddled next to each other.
`'Good night Inuyasha''
`'Good night Kagome''
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
After asking her almost fifty times if she was going to be ok, Inuyasha left running like wild to the village. Kagome sighed and went down to the lake, with a few carrots in her hands. After giving the hungry horses the carrots, and she sat next to Shun, who was sleeping peacefully next to the lake. She started feeling more and more tired, so she lied down, leaning her head on Shun's neck, and instantly fell asleep between the horses.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha reached the village in twenty minutes. He had run fast. Using the money Kagome had given him, he bought all the food they needed, and happened to cross paths with Kahei.
`'Hello Inuyasha'' he said. `'How's Kagome doing?'' he asked.
`'Better, I left her in the house to watch over the horses while I bought food'' he said.
`'That's great. Come with me, I just happened to see something Kagome might like'' he said. Inuyasha followed him, and ended up in a small tent were an old man sat.
`'He brings once in a while food from the countries across the sea, some yellow haired barbarians'' he said, and asked the man if he had something called `'chocolate''. Kahei payed for it, and gave it to Inuyasha. He sniffed it, it smelled sweet and quite delicious.
`'What is it?'' he asked.
`'Some kind of sweet that has something in it that makes people cheer up for a while, I think it was called caffeine'' Kahei said.
`'Are you sure it's safe?''
`'Completely, I've become addicted to it, I buy some every week'' Kahei said.
`'Thanks, and bye''
`'Goodbye''
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha ran back to his house, and when he arrived he could see that Kagome was sleeping in the field, using Shun's neck as a pillow. She looked so cute there sleeping with the horse. He went in and put away the food, except for a small piece of the so called chocolate. He walked down to the field, some of the horses following him, attracted by the smell. He sat next to Kagome and shook softly her shoulder.
`'Wake up, Kagome'' he said. Kagome slowly opened her eyes. She suddenly realized she was sleeping on the horse, and laughed at herself. She sat up, and saw Inuyasha had something in his hands, which Shun was quite interested in, since he too had `'sat up'' and was sniffing Inuyasha's hands, moving his upper lip up and down, telling he wanted some.
`'What do you have there? The horses seem interested'' she said, for a small crowd of horses had gathered around them.
`'I bought you a little surprise at the village. Well, actually, Kahei did'' he said, and gave her the small piece of chocolate. He had tasted it already, and that was probably one of the best inventions in the world.
`'What do I do with this?'' she asked, looking at the brown substance in her hand.
`'eat it'' Inuyasha said, smiling.
 
Kagome took a bit of it, and soon enough she had eaten it all.
`'That was so good! What is it?'' Kagome exclaimed, licking her lips, knowing that Inuyasha would get nervous at that gesture.
`'Something called chocolate that some yellow haired barbarians bring from the other side of the sea'' Inuyasha explained.
`'I love it! Is there more?'' she asked.
`'In the kitchen, but don't eat it all today, save it'' Inuyasha said.
`'Just a little piece!'' Kagome begged, giving him her best puppy dog eyes, and she puted. Inuyasha couldn't resist.
`'Fine'' he said, admitting defeat. Kagome jumped up and ran to the house, followed by Inuyasha and the looks of the disappointed horses, since they didn't get anything of that sweet smelling food.
 
Kagome ate another big piece, and Inuyasha had to stop her when she was about to go get more.
At least it's made her forget about the miscarriage Inuyasha thought, and smiled.
Kagome sat by his side in front of the fire Inuyasha had started in the chimney, as night fell upon them. Kagome bathed while Inuyasha made dinner. They ate in silence, and after clearing up the dishes, Inuyasha sat by her side again.
`'How are you feeling?'' he asked her.
`'Well a few hours after the chocolate stuff I felt better' she said.
`'You can't depend of it you know'' he said. Kagome smiled.
`'I know. I suppose being sad all the time isn't going to be of much help. We can't change the past, although it's hard to forget. Just get into my skin for a minute. How would you feel?''
Inuyasha thought about it for a second. He would feel devastated.
`'About getting into your skin...'' Inuyasha said with a playful voice.
Kagome just smiled, and he picked her up in bridal-style, and let her to the bed.
 
 
A/N
 
Okey dokey I'll just leave it there now. It was a long chapter, 4 pages! Hahah I have fun when it comes to horse parts. The lip movement of Shun is real, horses do that when they're lokin for food, cause I horse ride and there's this pony that is always doing that, sniffing you, and if you have sugar he always know exactly where, it's really funny.
 
Petpeeves12: 2 lazy 2 login, huh? Har har. It wasn't his demonic powers, that's supposed to help since he's living Hawai hsi energy!(that idea I got from a fanfiction from Kitsune Hanyou)
 
Sakura4594: thanx
 
Lizz877: why am I a psicko?????????????????