InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Growing up ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red Petals
 
 
Chapter 19: Growing up
 
Time slowly passed by, and after three weeks, Akame could almost walk, and she always crawled around the house, making Inuyasha and Kagome always go looking for her. She liked the company of the horses, especially Shun's. The white mare had given birth to a beautiful colt, black as its father, with white socks and a white diamond in its forehead. The mother was reluctant to let the colt get close to anyone, but Akame always managed to sit next to it while it was sleeping. Inuyasha made a wooden cradle for Akame, that they put next to their bed, on Kagome's side. She usually woke them up at night with her crying, and Inuyasha couldn't stand it, for the loud cry of a baby pierced his sensitive dog ears. Kahei visited them more oftenly, bringing gifts for Akame from town. For Akame, in her world there was only her parents (she was really devoted to them) and to the horses. She seemed very interested in the sakura tree once its flowers were at full bloom, and pink petals were drifting in the air. Slowly, a month passed, and Akame was able to walk perfectly. But she could not speak. That would develop later, when she had at least two or three more months, maybe four. It seemed incredible how a baby of one month had developed so fast. But her youkai blood made her that way. Animals, when they are born, get up almost instantly, and with youkai it was no different.
 
Inuyasha spent most of his time with Akame and Kagome. He couldn't believe this was happening to him. He had finally found a place he could call home and he felt loved for the second time in his life. The first time was with his parents. But when he was only three, they had taken them away from him. And now, he had Kagome and his daughter.
 
Kagome was also very happy. She did not believe that she would actually have children with someone she loved. She expected to be married with some idiot and have children. But she loved Inuyasha so much. And her daughter brightened her life even more. And she was so happy to see Inuyasha like this, full of glee. True happiness. When she had first met him, his eyes were so full of sadness, of anger, of fear. They were never as shiny as now, they were full of happiness. And seeing him like this made her even more happier.
 
One morning, they were sitting at the beginning of the valley, with Akame running around them, picking flowers and bringing them to Inuyasha and Kagome. She then ran off with the horses. Kagome and Inuyasha knew they would not harm her, and sat without worry.
`'You know, Inuyasha, I just remembered something'' Kagome said as she lay next to him, with her head on his chest.
`'What is it?'' he asked.
`'today is our anniversary. We met exactly a year ago. I can't believe it. I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was feeling so bad, and you came. The first thing I saw were your golden eyes'' she said. He kissed the top of her head, and smiled.
`'Of course. I heard you before I actually saw you. I can't stand the smell of tears, either. I can smell it miles away. And you were crying so much. I just wanted to comfort you, to hold you in my arms and tell you every thing was going to be fine, although it was the first time I saw you in my life'' he said, and held her closer. They kissed passionately, until they heard a voice.
`'Mommy?'' the voice was sweet and soft, but had a twinge of a hidden power. Kagome and Inuyasha immediately looked up, and saw Akame standing in front of them, looking at them, her ears twitching.
`'what did you say?'' Kagome asked.
`'Mommy!'' she exclaimed happily, and jumped on her mother.
`'Akame! You said mommy!'' Kagome couldn't believe it. Only three months had passed since she had been born!
 
Inuyasha was practically drooling, again. Akame had spoken a word, and so soon! He hugged the two of them, and smiled to himself.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
`'Milord''
`'Come in''
`'They have had a child, Lord Sesshoumaru. It's a girl, they named her Akame. She is three months old now'' Rin informed.
`'Good. Then, when next spring comes, a few days after the girl is one year old, I will strike'' Sesshoumaru said.
`'Sesshoumaru...'' Rin said, hurt in her voice. Sesshoumaru immediately looked up. For some reason, he couldn't stand that tone if it came from her. Why was he acting like this?
`'What bothers you, Rin?''
`'it's just that...do you have to kill them? And how would their daughter be useful for you to regain power? Can't you just leave them alone?'' she said, looking at him in the eye, tears welling up in her eyes. She just couldn't stand it. They were so in love, their daughter...she couldn't bare it.
`'Of course I have to kill them They would never give me the child willingly. And she is useful to me because the law the emperor stated is that for me to regain the throne, I must have a descendant, proof for who my father was, or I cannot do anything. I cannot use my brother, so the child is my only route'' he explained.
`'How can you be so cruel to someone who hasn't done a thing to you, how can you be capable of destroying the life of a family just because you want your fucking power! And just because your father decided to mate with a human and have Inuyasha and get your mother killed hasn't anything to do with him, he is not guilty!'' she yelled at him. Tears were trickling down her eyes, and she stomped out of the room. In second Sesshoumaru's hand was gripping her wrist, and she tried to free herself of his grasp.
`'Let me GO!'' she yelled.
`'Rin, don't be mad at me, It's what I must do!'' he said.
`'What you must do?! Killing innocent people just for power when you have enough is what you must do?!'' she said, filled with anger. `'You men are all the same, youkai or not! When it comes to power, you do anything for it! And that's when I hate you!'' she said. She didn't really feel hate inside her, only hurt for the man she loved.
`'You...hate me?'' Sesshoumaru asked, a flicker of shock showed in his face.
`'I hate the vile monster that makes you do the things you do! The monster that feeds on power! The monster that has no emotions and cares for no one but himself!'' she said. The tears were now like a river, but now they were falling for him.
 
Sesshoumaru did not know what to say. Then, he did the unthinkable. He leaned down, and taking Rin in his arms, he kissed her. His cold hearted self was screaming inside, but he did not care. He was feeling better than he had in years. He had decided to be that way since his mother's death. No emotions, no love. No love, no hurt. But when Rin had come along, his solid barrier had been cracked ever so slightly. As she grew up, the crack became wider, until, at that very moment, it had reached his screaming heart.
 
When they finally separated, Rin had completely frozen in his arms. She was staring up at him, not knowing what to do.
`'Leave if you do not want to be with me anymore. Hate me. I do not mind. I lost my mother, I will learn to loose you. But know that I have always loved you, in one way or the other'' he said, and walked away. Rin stood there. Did he just say he loved her? Cold emotionless Sesshoumaru loved her?
 
Without thinking twice, she ran after him, and they embraced.
`'I'm sorry...I don't hate you...I never could...I love you Sesshoumaru...it's just that, I was hurting so much, you never showed anything, I couldn't stand it. And Inuyasha and Kagome...I know how they must feel...and I Know what they would pass trough if they saw they're daughter ripped away from them, only to later be killed'' she said, letting tears flow freely. Sesshoumaru held her closer, feeling the wetness of her tears in his chest.
`'I have to do it, Rin. Not because of power. I was never thinking of that. I always wanted a higher position...for you, Rin. I wanted to give you everything, the best. And I will still go on'' he said.
`'Don't. Not for me. Don't do it, Sesshoumaru. Don't do it, for me'' she pleaded. Sesshoumaru sighed. He was very confused. How had he let this happen?
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
`'Damn it all! How dare he threaten me like that!'' yelled the emperor. He had had another meeting with Sesshoumaru, with the same results. He had heard that his daughter had had a miscarriage, only to get pregnant again. And now the child had three months already!
`'Call for Naraku!'' yelled the emperor to one of his personal maids.
 
Naraku, after ten minutes, entered the studio without bothering to call.
`'You called for me?''
`'yes! I have another task for you!'' growled the emperor.
`'What is it?''
`'Next spring, my daughter's child will have one year of life. When that happens, I want you to go, taking the youkai army with you, and bring my daughter, my granddaughter and that bastard of a hanyou here. We will burn them in the fire, and I will keep my granddaughter!'' he said.
`'Very well'' said Naraku, and exited the room.
 
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
`'Kagome, Akame's crying!''
`'Well if you let her fall down she hurt herself!''
`'I didn't let her fall down! It was that damned horse that got in my way!''
 
Kagome ran by him, and picked Akame up in her arms. She was as big as if she had a year. Akame calmed down in her mother's grip, and started sucking on her thumb.
`'I'm sorry!'' Inuyasha said.
`'It's ok, don't worry'' she answered. `'Come on, Akame, let's eat and take your nap!'' she said, and with the girl in her arms, she went inside the house. She had stopped feeding on milk on her first month, and now she ate baby food, with a majority of meat in it. After Akame had ate, not after spitting half the food on Inuyasha's face, Kagome took her to her cradle, and she instantly fell asleep. Inuyasha and Kagome went to the front stairs of their house, and sat next to each other. The sun was going lower, and it was warm. The wind blew ever so soflty, kissing the surface with its gentle touch, bringing the scents of fresh spring. Kagome leaned her head on Inuyasha's shoulder, and he surrounded her waist with his arm.
`'Say, Inuyasha'' Kagome said.
`'Yeah?''
`'How many years do youkai, or in your case hanyou live?'' she asked.
`'Well, I know I'm really young, I'm only 21, but I know my brother must be way over 500 years, so I suppose a lot'' he answered.
`'Well, gee, he's conserving very well...I actually thought he was in his early thirties...'' she said, and laughed softly. `'So that means that you will live a lot, and I'll get old, ugly and wrinkly and then I'll die and you will have to look after Akame, and then look after her children, and the children of her children!'' she said. Inuyasha held her closer.
`'Don't say that. Don't talk about that. Don't make look sooner the day I'll be alone again'' he said. Kagome surrounded him with her arms, and he held her close to him.
`'We will always be together, Kagome'' he said, and hardened his grip on her.
`'Sorry'' she said, knowing she had hurt him, for he didn't want to be alone, again.
`'Don't worry'' he said, and they stayed like that, as the sun watched them while it slowly lost itself in the mountains, and the lake tainted in spring colours, and like a crimson tear splashing in the blue water, it reflected what was to come.
 
 
 
A/N
 
Well, gee, that's that! Took me long enough!!!!! Sorry I took so long in updating, I would have wrote my ass of on my 4 day vacation(Halloween and the first of November was mixed with a weekend) but I was currently at mi mother's house, and the computer is at my dad's house, so poo. And I've had so many goddamn tests! I squished my brains out, I swear.
 
To my little few reviewers:
 
Whitetiger-isabella: um, thanks!
 
Petpeeves12: you and your weird theories
 
Raithya: this chapter answer all of your questions? I decided to do it your way. But, there's Naraku, ready to be the world national party-pooper!! Yay! =.= and thanx a lot for all the reviews! Lalalalla
 
Kagomefan595: thanks a lot, I really appreciated ur review!
 
InuKagPar4Life: yeah, I like to write so I update soon. Sorry I took so long on this one, but I had a lot of tests and all and I don't know what the hell happened but the stupid web wouldn't let me login so I had to wait all evening until now, at 1 a.m. I finally could!!
 
Eowyn Organa: Kikyo doesn't kick ass, she should be kicked in the ass more like it! And no, not really. I kinda hate her. A lot.
 
Riri: um, you don't like angst....that a big problem, because I LOVE angst, and there's gonna be much more of it in this story. I'll understand if u don't wanna keep reading...
 
I-Hate-Kikyo: first of all, I love your pen name. Kikyo must dye! Bwahahhahahhahahaaahha. Ahem. I like sad stories...it affects me more if there's a happy ending, cause it'n not so traumatizing, it doesn't burn!