InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnate and Incarnate Switched ❯ A Friend and A Promise ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: A Friend and a Promise


Kagome lowered her bow and spared Inuyasha once again. This routine had been going on for a month now. Inuyasha was starting to realize something. 'She has no desire to kill me, I don't wish to kill her either.' he thought as he watched her walk away. He freed himself from the arrows and sighed. "What a strange woman." he said leaping into his favorite tree and preparing for a nap.

Inuyasha awoke to a rude awakening. He was human. 'Curse the new moon' he thought. He tried to hide himself as he noticed someone coming but couldn't hide in time. Kagome appeared. "Inuyasha is that you up there?" she asked. "Yeah its me. Well it appears you've discovered my secret woman." Inuyasha said. He jumped down from the tree and Kagome stood in awe. "What?" he asked tired of her staring."Sorry. I wondered what you looked like as a human. If you ask me you look fine as a hanyou." Kagome said. She held out a bowl of soup. Inuyasha hesitated. "Take it. You must be hungry." Kagome said taking out a piece of bread. Inuyasha finally took the food. "Um.....thanks." Inuyasha told her as he ate. "No problem everyone needs to eat to survive and you're no exception." Kagome said. She smiled at him sadly. "You must've been treated really bad to be so cold to everyone. Neither demons or humans except you. I'm sorry your childhood must've been terible." she said realizing he must've been treated badly judging by his attitude. "My childhood wasn't really so tragic until I was around ten. The village my mother lived in was attacked and she was slaughtered and I killed the demon and had to find another home because the villagers treated me like a monster. They threw things at me and called me a disgrace." Inuyasha said opening up a bit. "Do you miss your mom?" Kagome asked. "A lot." Inuyasha said nodding. "I want you to think of me as a friend Inuyasha." Kagome said. Inuyasha looked doubtful for a while but then smiled. "You'll be shunned for being friends with me Kagome." Inuyasha said sadly. Kagome's eyes widdened. "What?" Inuyasha asked. "You never called me by my name before without me having to aim an arrow at your heart." Kagome replied. "About me being shunned don't worry abou it. I've been shunned ever since I became a priestess. Inuyasha you and I are very similar, we are both outcasts and we both are not able to enjoy life." Kagome said with a sad smile. Inuyasha looked at her confused. "What do you mean by that?" he asked. "I cannot show weakness, if I were to do so a demon could get the better of me." Kagome said.

Kagome stood up and Inuyasha stood as well. "I have to go. Remember we're friends not enemies." Kagome stated and walked away. Inuyasha watched her while contemplating if he could really think of her as a friend. He leapt into a tree again awaiting sunrise so he could be back to normal. Kagome sat atop a hill enjoying the view wondering if Inuyasha could really be trusted. She remembered the look in his eyes when he said she'd be shunned for being his friend and smiled a half happy smile. 'He can be trusted. I know it.' she thought.

Inuyasha smiled as the sun rose and he changed back to normal. He smirked planning something in his head. 'She'll be ungaurded around me. I'll have the perfect opportunity to take the jewel from her.' he thought. Later that morning Inuyasha had Kagome's hands held above her head while he strangled her waist. "Give me the jewel woman!" he demanded. "What will you do if I refuse?" Kagome asked. "Oh there's many things to do with a virgin." Inuyasha stated smirking. Kagome's eyes widdened in shock. "You would stoop so low as to rape me just to get the jewel?" Kagome asked terrified. Inuyasha smirked down at her. "What if I did?" Inuyasha asked her. Kagome struggled beneath him. "Release me you bastard hanyou!" Kagome yelled. Inuyasha's eyes softened a bit. He felt something at hearing those words. He felt a need to protect her. Inuyasha released her and pulled her into a hug. "Inu-Inuyasha what are you doing?" Kagome studdered. Inuyasha smiled. "Kagome from now on we're....friends and I will always protect you. I promise." he replied. Kagome smiled. "Arigato Inuyasha." she whispered and hugged him back.

Well there's chapter 2 hope you like please read and review