InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnate and Incarnate Switched ❯ To Be In Love ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3: To Be In Love

About seven months later, Inuyasha observed as Kagome told a few children about different types of herbs. The children then went off to find the herbs. Kagome sat down and began polishing her bow. A little girl came up to her holding some herbs. "Kagome-sama I found some! Look! Is this a medicinal herb?" the little girl asked. Kagome looked at the herbs and smiled. "Very good Sayo. These herbs are of a very good help. They will serve to cure many of the ill stricken villagers." Kagome said praising the child. Sayo smiled and went off to find something else to do.

Later Inuyasha followed Kagome's scent to find her reading a book to some children. He sighed. 'I still want to become a full demon but I also want to be with her.' he thought. He watched her with a small smile on his face.

After she finished reading a book to some of the village children Kagome escaped to a lake in the forest where Inuyasha would always be unless he was following her. She sat on the grass and stared at the setting sun. "Inuyasha, would you like to join me?" Kagome asked knowing he was hidding in the bushes behind her. Inuyasha walked out of the bushes and sat down beside her. He also watched the beautiful setting sun. "Its beautiful isn't it?" Kagome asked not taking her eyes off the sun. "Its just a sunset but yeah it is beautiful." Inuyasha replied. He turned to look at her. Kagome turned to look at him when she felt him stare. "What is it?" Kagome asked. "I...have to tell...you something." Inuyasha said nervously. "Go ahead I'm listening." Kagome said nodding. Inuyasha was about to tell her he loved her but lost all his courage. His eyes turned a bit cold. He looked away. "Forget it it's not important." he muttered. Kagome sighed and walked back towards the village.

She stopped at the god tree and just looked at it for a while. 'This is where we met. I can't say it was a very pleasent moment though.' she thought slowly going into a flashback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome knotched another arrow and aimed for his heart. 'His clothing is made of firerat fur and he's different from other demons. I can sense humanity in him. He's a hanyou.' were the thoughts of the woman as she released the arrow that grazed past his cheek imbeding itself in the tree. Knowing that he was surprised by her action the woman quickly grabbed the jewel putting it on around her neck. Before he'd noticed a things he was ready to fire another arrow at him. "Tell me your name hanyou." she demanded not releasing the arrow. "Feh. If you must know its Inuyasha. Mind telling me your name?" he asked after replying. "My name is Kagome." she replied lowering her weapon. She turned to leave. "Hey! Aren't you going to finish me woman?!" Inuyasha yelled. She turned to face him. "My name is Kagome, reffer to me by my name and nothing more. Leave and do not return here Inuayasha. I have no need to waste more arrows." with that said she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome sighed at the memories. It'd been eight months since that day. Kagome remembered some things she and Inuyasha had done together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome giggled as she looked at Inuyasha who had a flower crown on his head that she had made. "What's so funny Kagome?" Inuyasha asked. "You look so cute with that flower crown on your head." Kagome stated giggling. Inuyasha picked a few flowers and made a crown and put it on her head. "Well now we're even." Inuyasha said and takled her beggining to tikle her. Kagome laughed and Inuyasha told her to say uncle. Kagome refused and Inuyasha tickled her more. A few minutes later Kagome gave in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome smiled at the memory. She walked to the village and into her home and glared at her little brother Souta who was trying to sneak away with her piece of chocolate cake. Souta handed her the plate and ran off to his room. Another memory came to Kagome as she ate the cake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome watched Inuyasha eat the piece of chocolate cake she'd gotten for him. Kagome always tried to bring Inuyasha something to eat. This time she had the chance to take her grandfather's piece of chocolate cake since he was off at another village exorcising a demon from a young woman. Inuyasha smiled as he finished eating the piece of cake. "Thanks Kagome. I haven't had chocolate cake since I was ten." Inuyasha said. Kagome smiled at him. "I'm glad to see you happy Inuyasha." Kagome told him. Inuyasha smiled back and pulled her into a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome washed the plate and put it in the cabinet and went off to her room to go to bed. She finally came to realize something before she fell asleep. "I love you Inuyasha." she whispered before falling asleep with a smile on her face.

Unknown to her a certain hanyou heard it all. He smiled as his silver hair blew in the wind. "I love you too Kagome." he whispered hoping she could hear it but knowing very well she could not. He remembered a certain memory that made him very happy. It was during winter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha threw snowballs at Kagome as she doged them and threw some at him. He smirked and gathered up a big amount of snow in a bowl and called a time out in their snow game. He walked over and poured the snow on her head. He looked at the confused expression on her face and laughed a bit. He then noticed her look change to an angry one and went back to his side of the clearing. They continued the snow game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha went to his favorite tree and prepared for some sleep. His dreams were of one person, the priestess that had taught him so much and had stolen his heart. At this point Inuyasha no longer held a desire to be full demon. He was happy that he'd been accepted by the woman he loved and didn't care that he was a halfbreed and he did not care that she could take his life in an instant if she so desired to kill him because he was in love. He would rather die by her hands knowing she made his last months of life the best he had in his life since his mother's death than die by another person's hands. He slept with a smile on his face.

Please Read and Review