InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnate and Incarnate Switched ❯ Meeting Shippo and Sesshomaru ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4: Meeting Shippo and Sesshomaru

Inuyasha watched Kagome polishing two katanas. He jumped off the tree he was on and sat down beside her. "What are those katanas for?" he asked. "I'm going to go away for a few days to pick up some things for my mother." Kagome replied. "You're leaving?" Inuyasha asked disbelieving. Kagome nodded. "Can I come with you?" he asked. Kagome smiled. "Someone has a crush on his friend." she teased. Inuyasha glared and then turned his head. "Who would want to have a crush on you?!" Inuyasha yelled. Kagome's eyes narrowed. She picked up her bow and Inuyasha sighed. He put his hands up in defense. "No need for violence wench." he said. Kagome just mutted humph and walked away.

Later

Kagome had a blanket in a bag, her bow and a quiver of arrows and her two katanas on her back in an x formation. She also had a smaller bag with food even though she could very well fend for herself. She set off after a few goodbyes. 'I wonder where Inuyasha is, oh well looks like I'm going solo on this trip.' she thought sadly.

A few minutes of walking and Inuyasha appeared in front of her. Kagome smiled. "Good you're not dead." Kagome said sarcastically. Inuyasha fehed. Kagome giggled. They continued to walk. They stopped for a break at around noon and the sky suddenly turned dark. A pink balloon like creature began spinning in front of them with blue flames surrounding it. "Hand over the jewel. The jewel or your life." the creature told them. Inuyasha's eyes narrowed and he slapped the balloon like creature away.

A llittle boy was revealed. Inuyasha picked him up by the tail. "What are you some kind of squirrel? A transformed raccoon or something?" Inuyasha asked trying to figure out what it was. He got pushed back by blue flames and the little creature did a backflip to get away. "I'm a fox heathen!" it said. "A fox? It talks? Cool." Kagome exclaimed picking it up. "I'm Shippo and sorry but..." he paused and grabbed the jewel around her neck. "I need this." he finished and used foxfire to get away. Inuyasha saw him roaming through some high grass and punch him.

Shippo held his head where Inuyasha hit him in pain. "Ow. Great you always have to pick on the little guy." he muttered. Kagome put the necklace with the Shikon no Tama back around her neck and looked at Shippo. "Why did you want the jewel? You're such a little critter, don't you have any parents?" Kagome asked. Shippo sighed. "My parents were killed and I'm an orphan. I have nothing to live for so I wanted the jewel to wish to be dead." Shippo replied. Inuyasha frowned. 'He's just a kit he shouldn't have to feel those things.' he thought simpathetically. Kagome asked Shippo if he was hungry and Shippo nodded. Kagome prepared some lunch consisiting of fruits, berries and ricecakes. They all ate in silence.

Next Day

Inuyasha opened his eyes when he felt something on his nose and saw his little vassal Myoga feeding off the blood from his nose. He slapped his nose and the little flea fell to the ground but he caught him in his hand. "What's up Myoga?" Inuyasha asked in a serious tone since Myoga only came around when something bad was up. "Well master Inuyasha its like this, your father left an heirloom for you at his tomb, the problem is his tomb is nowhere to be found." Myoga replied. Myoga then left.

Later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~In Inutaisho's Tomb~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha got up after being thrown into a wall of the tomb. "Damn." he muttered. Sesshomaru began to whip him again with his light whip. Inuyasha hadn't noticed Kagome and Shippo had followed. Shippo was being hit by Jaken's Staff of Skulls. Shippo used foxfire and his illusion toys and multiply to distract Jaken for Kagome and Kagome shot an arrow at Sesshomaru breaking his armor. That got the attention of both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. "Inuyasha I would think you've had enough of these humans. Although I see that it is indeed a taste from father." Sesshomaru stated to his brother. Inuyasha snarled. Kagome knotched another arrow and shot towards the Tetsusaiga the heirloom that both Inutaisho's sons were fighting over.

The arrow imbeded itself in the soil that held the sword. and the sword popped out landing behind Inuyasha. Inuyasha grabbed the sword. Sesshomaru laughed. "A mere halfbreed such as yourself dear little brother expects to weild the Tetsusaiga. How very amusing." he said. Kagome just watched. Sesshomaru eyed her. "Humans are so fragile. Wouldn't you agree little brother?" Sesshomaru asked holding his hand out in Kagome's direction. Inuyasha realized what Sesshomaru was intending to do too late. "Kagome move!" he yelled at her. He watched her be burried in Sesshomaru's poison. "Poison Flower Claw, a very handy technique I'll say." Sesshomaru stated as he watched the remaining of his poinson to fall onto Kagome. Inuyasha was looking too and it infuriated him. Inuyasha moved so fast Sesshomaru didn't see it. He finally noticed when he felt Inuyasha's claws sink into his shoulder. "That's for killing Kagome. And don't think I'm finished yet because this fight is just getting started." Inuyasha stated. Inuyasha slashed Sesshomaru with the untransformed Tetsusaiga and snarled. "Damn sword didn't even leave a scratch." he muttered before being punched into the ground by his brother. Sesshomaru held his poisonous claws over Inuyasha's mouth. "Now die." he said and was about to kill Inuyasha when they both heard a voice. "Sesshomaru! Let him go right now, or this arrow is going through your heart." Kagome demanded holding an arrow aimed for Sesshomaru's heart. Inuyasha smirked and did a backflip before turning and kicking his brother in the back of his head.

Sesshomaru disappeard and reappeared behind Kagome. He knocked her unconscious. "This Sesshomaru has had enough of these games Inuyasha." Sesshomaru stated and picked up Kagome tossing her into a wall. He appeared where she landed and picked her up and threw her into another wall. Inuyasha growled. "Stop it! You bastard!" Inuyasha yelled. Inuyasha stopped as he felt the Tetsusaiga pulse. 'Its pulsing. I can hear it.' he thought. "Alright Tetsusaiga lets see what you can do." Inuyasha said as the blade transformed. Sesshomaru left Kagome laying by a wall he'd thrown her into and transformed into his dog form. He barked at Inuyasha. Inuyasha walked over and held out the newly transformed Tetsusaiga. "Shippo get Kagome out of here!" Inuyasha yelled. Shippo used multiply to distract Jaken again and made and illusion of a flying horse. He dragged Kagome onto the horse and made it fly upwards out of the tomb. He changed into his balloon form flying out of the tomb barely avoiding a whirl of fire from Jaken's staff.

Inuyasha smirked as he sliced off his brother's left arm. He watched his brother become a small circled orb and float away while Jaken followed. He sheathed his sword and left the tomb as the black pearl which hid it went back into his eye. He blinked and went over to Shippo and Kagome. Kagome was up against a tree resting. "You ok Kagome?" he asked. Kagome smiled and nodded closing her eyes. "I just need some rest is all." she whispered. Inuyasha nodded and leapt into a tree branch of the tree she was against. Shippo curled up beside Kagome and fell asleep.

End Chapter 4 Please Read and Review