InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Where are we?" Kotan asked the three children near her.
"I don't know." Santu said.
"I don't think anyone does." Nakago added.
"Except for the man that took us here, of course." Kagosha said, rolling her eyes and pointing out the obvious.
"No duh!" Kotan said.
"Girls, girls, no arguing! I wouldn't want you to kill each other!" a man said in a sing-song voice.
"Who are you?" Nakago demanded, one hand on his chain sickle.
"Onigumo, otherwise known as Naraku." The man stepped into the weak light. He did indeed look like Naraku- like Kagome had looked like Kikyo.
"Naraku is dead." Santu said shortly.
"What about reincarnation? Kagome is, after all, a reincarnation of Kikyo, Inuyasha's first love." Naraku smiled. "That was fun, splitting the two apart......."
"Monster!" Kagosha said.
"Your father said much the same thing to me, once." Naraku said thoughtfully.
"What do you want with us?" Kotan demanded coldly. Naraku simply looked at her.
"I wish to do nothing with you but explain the truth."
"What truth?" Santu asked suspiciously.
"The real truth about your parents. Did you know that Koga nearly killed Inuyasha for Kagome? Or that Sango once attacked the whole group and used to routinely beat Miroku? Or that-"
"We don't want to hear any of your lies!" Kagosha spat at him.
"-Kagome used to have Inuyasha under a spell? Inuyasha tried to kill Kagome once, and Kagome nearly killed Inuyasha once? Or that Kagura was under my control of her own free will, and slaughtered Koga's pack members?"
"It's not true!" Nakago said.
"Perhaps you don't know then, that Nari is my sister, and that Kohaku used to follow my orders?"
"Our parents wouldn't do that!" Kotan said.
"So sure, are you? Perhaps I'll leave and let you dicuss it by yourselves......." He disappeared.
"It... it's not true, is it?" Kagosha asked. Santu snorted.
"It may be, but they might have had a good reason. What do we know of our parents? Miroku used to be a monk- a lecherous one, according to legend- Sango was a taijya tricked by Naraku- also according to legend."
"Inuyasha wsa the prince in the legends, and Kagome had to spell him to keep him from attacking her when he woke up. Kagome was from the future, and she was controlled by some magic or something, wasn't she?"
"Kagura's heart was in the hands of Naraku- legend says. Koga wanted Kagome to see the shards, and they were just scraps, not war battles. Kagome stopped the fights before anything got serious."
"Nari purifies things- she may be related, but that doesn't count for anything. Kohaku was dead, so he had to obey or die again." The kids nodded.
"But.... that's according to legend." Santu said out loud. Carefully- he had only learned this last year, at request of their parents- he tried to mind-speak with the others.
'Can you hear me?'
'Yes.' Kagosha said. The others gave their affirmitive.
'Naraku's spying on us. Remember that our parents told us that Naraku is slippery? This is just another demonstartion of his skills. He's trying to use us against our parents!'
'That may be right, but we can't do much about it. What can we do?'
'Our attacks!' Nakago called out suddenly. 'That's why Koga wanted us to have the weapons! He believes that we can do this!'
'How do we get out of this?' Kagosha wondered. 'We have to get close enough to him to kill him and then get home. I have no clue where home is!'
'None of us do. First, let's concentrate on killing Naraku. Pretend like you believe him.' Kotan suggested.
"You're right Santu." Kotan said with a sigh. "Our parents can twist the truth."
"They probably made Naraku out to be the bad guy! They always made it look like they were the good guys!" Kagosha exclaimed.
"They were lying!" Santu said angrily.
"Are you done discussing?" Naraku's oily voice asked from the shadows. The kids nodded, seemingly angry. "What is your descision?"
"You're right! Our parents lied to us!" Nakago said, anger evident in his voice, all directed at Naraku, but Naraku wan't to know that.
"Excellent. Then you won't mind taking these-" he motioned behind him and showed them four katana's, all glowing red of evil energy."- and these?" Naraku held out some spell-scrolls.
Santu swallowed, but nodded.
'Take them, just don't let it overpower you. Act like it's nothing.'
"Here you go." Naraku put one on each of the kids backs. They were hit by evil energy. Santu nearly gasped aloud, fighting it down. It subsided, but it wouldn't for long.
"Take your weapons and lay them on the table." The kids did as they were bid, each saying;
"Yes, Naraku-danna." (Danna= master) Secretly, Santu slipped the paper he had felt on Hiraikotsu into his pocket, hoping that no one noticed.
"Strap on your new katana's."
"Yes, Naraku danna."
'Is everyone still theirself?' Nakago asked.
'I'm still me.' Santu replied. 'Barely, but I'm here.'
'Same goes for me.' Kagosha said.
'I'm still myself.' Kotan said.
'Good.' Santu said.
"Can you do my bidding? Will you do as you are told?"
"Yes, Naraku-danna."
"Go to sleep. You have your first job tomorrow." Naraku turned and left.
'Don't talk!' Santu warned quickly. 'He's too crafty. I bet you that he didn't really leave. Try to go to sleep.'
'Gotcha.' Kotan said, lying on the ground. 'Not one sound.'
'Goodnight.' Kagosha said.
'To you too.' Nakago said. They all laid upon their sides and slept. From the shadows, a person watched.
'Impossible! They can't be so easy to control......' Naraku frowned. He shrugged, then really disappeared. It was a problem for another time.