InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
'How are we going to get out of here?' Kagosha asked practically.
'I don't know. We should probably get away first, then decide what to do.' Nakago said. Santu nearly nodded, but stopped himself.
'Look for any exit tomorrow. Goodnight.'
*Next Day*
"Sentusay will show you around today." Naraku said. A cat youkai with blank eyes stared at them. They stared just as blankly back.
"Yes Naraku-danna." They followed the neko without question, showing no interest in their surroundings. Naraku watched, using a security camera instead of his old way of spying.
'This works much better then sending a golem to spy.' Naraku thought as he studied the groups progress. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary- well, out of the ordinary for possessed people.
*Group*
'There's the door! Nakago, can you remember our route?' Kotan asked Nakago silently. Nakago responded with a yes. They had learned that Nakago had the best memory of everyone. They supposed that he got it from his father- Kohaku.
'Not a sound!' Santu warned. 'Don't even give the door more then a passing glance.'
'Yes Mom.' Kagosha said sarcastically.
'None of that. We don't have time for any animosity.' Santu said sternly.
'True.' They had to stop the conversation, riveting as it was. They were back at the barracks- their nickname for their rooms.
"Is there anything you need? Lord Naraku will give it to you." The neko said quietly.
'A way out of here, and a free run. Oh, a map home would be nice. Could you pack us some food while you're at it?' Kotan asked sarcastically. The kids nearly snickered.
"No, thank you." Santu said. The neko turned and left.
'We'll escape tonight, okay?' Nakago said. 'I got a glimpse of the roster sheet. The door will be cleared for five three minute intervals between 10 and 11.'
'Good job.' Kagosha said. 'Let's plan on that, then.'
'Okay.' Santu tried to look out the window without being obvious. 'Get some sleep now then.'
'Okay.' The four dispersed.
'What could they have been doing?' Naraku thought. He had been watching the motionless quartet when they had been conversing. 'I'll have to keep a closer eye on them then I thought.'
*That night*
'wake up!' Kagosha called. Kotan jerked awake. Kagosha restrained the urge to giggle.
'The boys are up. Get your weapons, we're leaving.' Kotan silently gathered up her weapons from their place outside the door, placing her evil katana down, and made sure that she had both of her original weapons. Yup, she had the fan and the sword.
'Let's go.' Kotan said. They met the boys in the hall.
'Ready?' Nakago asked. They replied with a mixture of 'yes', and 'let's get a move on already!'. They crept through the silent halls. No one was patrolling.
'Strange. I thought that someone would be guarding here.......' Kotan had an uneasy feeling. She shook it off. They reached the door.
'I'll go first.' Santu said, easing the door open. Nakago and Kagosha carefully followed. That should have warned them. Who leaves the door unlocked, ecspecially in this time? They made it to the gate without incident. No dogs, no patrolls, and no guards.
'I'll get the gate.' Nakago said. Kagosha and Santu were right next to Nakago, Kotan slightly behind. Suddenly, something told her that she must not let Nakago open the door.
"No..... Nakago! DON'T!" Too late. Nakago turned around to look at Kotan, holding the door. It opened. Time slowed to a crawl as Kotan watched 100s of volts of electric energy pop from the electrified gate into her three friends. In an effort to limit the damage, they went youkai. It still knocked them out. That wasn't the least of it. As soon as the door was opened, hundreds of lights went on around Naraku's establishment, bathing the area in light. Guards came out, grabbing her three unconscious friends after the danger was past. Naraku came out.
"I'm glad. I thought that I had overestimated you four. I never did think that you so easily be overpowered by my scrolls, even willing." Naraku was bathed in light, guards all around him. A guard moved behind Kotan and pulled her arms behind her back.
"You're evil." Kotan told Naraku, very matter-of-factly. She spat in his face. "I hate you!"
"I have no love for you either." Naraku held out his hand for a handkerchief. One of his guards handed him one. Naraku wiped his face and turned away form Kotan.
"Lock all four of them in the basement." The guards nodded. They roughly pulled Kotan and her friends to the basement, disarming them and throwing them down and locking the celler doors.
'Guys? Guys? Are you okay?' Kotan asked frantically.
'I'm....... alive?' Santu asked. 'I do not want to repeat that. What happened?'
'We were all shocked.' Kagosha said softly. "It's useless, Naraku knows."
"You're right. After all our planning......." Santu shrugged. Turning around, he looked for Nakago. He was in worse shape then the rest. His body- not used to handeling so much electric energy- or any, as a matter of fact- the metal feathers of his youkai form had acted as conductors.
"Whoa........" Nakago groaned. "What was that?"
"Hundreds of electric volts." Kotan answered. She shrugged, a pitiful look on her face. "I'm sorry, I didn't warn you fast enough......"
"You tried." Kagosha said. She glanced around. "Looks like we're not getting out of here anytime soon. No swords, no fans, no sickles, no boomerangs......... no weapons."
"We still have our bodies." Santu pointed out doubtfully. "We can fight......"
"People with swords?" Nakago asked skeptically. Kagosha sighed.
'We have no weapons, so we have to think.' she thought at her friends. 'Let's keep talking like this. What Naraku doesn't know can only help us.'
'True. What do we know about reincarnation?' Santu asked.
'Well, a reincarnation is when a soul comes into a new body and has some of the same powers as the first incarnation, or has different powers. They sometimes follow the same path, but they normally follow different ones. Naraku must be so inherently bad, through and through, for his soul to stay like this.' Kotan mused.
'What..... what if it didn't?' Nakago said. 'What if Naraku's soul possessed a human, or the human was good, but then Naraku's memories surfaced and overpowered the human?'
'That...... that's entirely possible.' Santu said. 'Naraku had plently of reason to wander the earth as a spirit, and he did possess the power to posses people when he was alive, so he might of........'
'How do we use that though?' Kotan asked.
'Try to touch the human inside him?' Nakago suggested.
'Wouldn't work. Remember, he normally kills the human who's body he was possessing? It's probably the same thing.' Kagosha said.
'Probably true. What would our parents do?'
*Said parents, day after kidnapping*
"Kagosha!" Kagome called. She knocked on the door. "Time to get up sleepyhead!" Suddenly, someone put a hand on her shoulder.
"She's not here."
"Koga! Hey, where are they, then? Already at breakfast?"
"No."
"Koga....." Miroku said, coming around the corner. "I can't find Santu anywhere........" Sango was right behind him.
"What do I look like, agony aunt?" Koga asked.
"I just thought that you might know where Santu was. Kagura told us to find you....." Sango shrugged.
"We can't......" Kohaku and Nari stopped, seeing that everyone was in the hall.
"Nakago?" Koga asked. They nodded. "I'll explain after breakfast." He wouldn't say another word.