InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
After breakfast, Koga spoke.
"Naraku has captured Nakago, Kagosha, Santu, and Kotan." The adults sat there, stunned.
"That bastards dead!" Inuyasha said, putting an arm around Kagome's shoulders, anger blazing in his eyes. "Don't joke!"
"His reincarnation. He came last night and grabbed them."
"Why didn't you say something!?" Kohaku demanded. "We could have stopped him!"
"You're wrong. We would've killed Naraku's reincarnation, yes, but our kids wouldn't be happy with us. Besides, that was only a golem sent to kidnap them. Naraku would learn about our attacks before we knew where he was. Our kids wouldn't help us because they want to fight. It's best this way."
"How would you know? When will they get back?" Sango demanded.
"I can see teh future and they won't get back for a month or two if all goes perfectly."
"If it doesn't?" Miroku asked.
"Then they could be maimed... or......." Koga didn't need to say it.
"You bastard!" Inuyasha yelled, grabbing Koga's throat. "What if they do die?! What then?!"
"I don't know! Okay, happy, I don't know!" Koga yelled, wrenching Inuyasha's hand away from his throat, leaving shallow scratches. Koga didn't notice. "Do you know how hard for me this was?! I knew, but I couldn't tell you or anyone! I couldn't prevent it! It would mean all our deaths if I had interveaned! Did you want that, inukoro!?" Inuyasha stood, shocked, just staring at Koga. He was surprised by this outburst. Everyone else was too.
"Koga......" Kagura said.
"What?" Koga snapped, then his face softened. "I'm sorry. I just can't......." The wolf seemed lost for words.
"So far though, they're doing everything right, right?" Kohaku asked anxiously. Koga nodded.
"They should be able to get back, but we can't do anything by ourselves. They have to get back here by themselves."
*Nakago, Kagosha, Santu, and Kotan*
'Our parents?' Kagosha wondered. 'Wouldn't they try to escape, then attack? Or would they just attack?'
'They'd...... I don't know...... attack?' Kotan asked hopefully. Santu shook his head.
'We have to think realistically. We have to find some way to get out. We don't have weapons, and we have scant training. We've only playfought each other, so we don't know what we could do. We have to get our weapons, escape, regain our strength, then attack.'
'Okay. How do we get out?' Kotan asked impatiently. 'Not teh fence......'
'What about over the fence?' Nakago asked. 'I could probably lift one of you at a time.... maybe two, if you were human for teh lifting.'
'Good idea... but then what? Does anyone know the way back to the house? I don't think that it would be good for us to wander about, or tell anyone who we are.' Santu said reasonably.
'How do Uncle Sesshomaru and Rin always do it?' Kagosha mused. Rin was her favorite cousin, and they always played together. (See Lives of Youkai and Humans for the details)
'Oh, I don't know..... maybe they have DIRECTIONS?!' Kotan thought sarcastically.
'This isn't helping anyone. Let's escape, then find a way back home.' Nakago thought.
'Okay, how?' Santu asked. 'No weapons, no nothing.' He sighed out loud. 'This is getting us nowhere.'
'No kidding!' Kotan said. 'We might be able to fight our way out if we're youkai.......'
'Okay, but still, how do we get out of this basement?' Kagosha asked, looking up at the solid trapdoor that was the only exit to their current prison.
'That's the immediante problem.' Santu agreed, following his friends gaze. He stood up and tapped on it. 'It's too solid to break through as we are.'
'What are we supposed to do? We can't break through it. If there were some way to get the guards to open it........' Nakago shrugged.
'Yeah, let's go right up, knock on the door, and ask to be let back to our parents. I'm sure the nice guardsmen will give us an escort back.' Kotan said saracastically. Kagosha suddenly beamed.
'What?'
'That's it! Listen, Santu, how precious do you think we are to Naraku?' Santu shrugged, not seeing where this was going.
'He'll probably ask our parents for a rematch or something, using the Tetsusagia, Kotan's fan and the Quesusagia, my staff, priest scrolls, and Hiraikotsu, and Nakago's chain sickle. We might be used against our parents, like Nakago's dad was against my mom.'
'We're still useful though, right? He needs us?' Kagosha persisted. Santu hesitated.
'Well?'
'He might, he might not. He might want us to use the weapons our parents gave us, but he might not.'
'Judging from the stories,' Nakago broke in. They turned to look at the metal bird-demon. 'Naraku would want us to use the weapons our parents gave us against them. He doesn't want to get his hands dirty. He didn't want to then, so he won't want to now.'
'Then what do you propose we do?' Kagosha asked.
'Why don't we.......' Kotan started. The others gathered around her listening to the plan, grins spreading over all their faces.
*Minutes later- Guard Station outside the basement.*
The guards were half-asleep. The kids weren't going anywhere........ Suddenly, a loud crashing awoke them all. One had his hand on his sword hilt. They heard another loud crash, and a small voice crying out in pain. The leader kicked the door.
"Quiet down there!" he yelled.
"Pl-please..... I think I broke my leg..... I can't feel my shin..." A voice that was unmistakably Santu's whimpered.
"It'll heal! Sleep." The leader was about to settle down again when he heard another plea.
"If... if it's not set properly..... it'll heal funny and I won't be able to move... ow........ it hurts....." The leader hesitated, recalling his masters instructions.
'If they are hurt, heads will roll. I need them in my plans. Understood?' The leader motioned for two of his men to cover him. They compleid, moving noiselessly behind him.
"Alright! I'll bring you up, but no funny business!" He could hear the groveling note in the boys voice as he thanked him, over and over again.
'Probably never had anything worse then a scrape for years.' the youkai thought disgustadly. He eased open the trapdoor, spotting Santu almost instantly. He extended a hand to grab him- he was a monkey youkai, very tall and flexible- and was a bit surprised when Santu grabbed the hand himself. But- to everyone's surprise- Santu then stood up steadily and twisted the wrist, breaking it. The monkey howled, barely noting the three other that flew out of the trapdoor. Santu leapt from the ground, pushing off of the youkai's arm.
"Go!" Santu yelled at his friends, following his own advice and taking off down the corridor, not looking back to see the other guards following them. They were feet from the exit.
'Just a little farther......'