InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Nakago was straining with the load he carried. He didn't have time to put his friends down. He burst through the door, barely feeling the pain as teh wood burst around him. He could hear the alarm go up around the compound, but he paid it no mind. He flew right over the fence, twiling to make his friends fall off of his back as soon as it was safe. They fell and rolled when they reached teh ground. He went back immediantly and looked for Santu. He had had the most dangerous job. He eventually saw his friend, running from a neko and a raccon. Nakago dived, picking Santu up with his arms.
"We have to get out of here!" Santu said.
"No duh!" Nakago looked anxiously behind him. He could see sharpshooters gathering on the roof. "This is bad."
"Just fly! We're almost there!" Santu was right. They were just above the fence. Nakago began his descent, but felt a sharp and hot pain go through one of his wings.
"Oh........" Nakago moaned, feeling the blood flow. He dropped like a rock, not moving hsi wings. The pain nearly made him black out. They hit the ground hard. Instantly, Kagosha and Kotan were running to them.
"Pick him up! Hurry!" Kagosha told him. Santu grabbed the closest wing, hefting his friend up. Kotan grabbed his other side, morphing into a youkai as she did so.
"Run!" Kagosha screamed, running into the woods surrounding the compound. Kotan, Nakago, and Santu were right behind her. A bullet grazed Kotan cheek, raising a small fire on her face. The blood flowed sluggishly, but the wound was healing. So was Nakago's, but slower, and he was still dizzy. Eventually, the sound sof the compound died out. Kagosha and co. stopped for breath.
"That..... was.... so.. stupid." Kotan said, laying Nakago gently down. He groaned an agreement.
"Let's not... do that... again." Santu agreed. Kagosha smiled weakly.
"We have to." At their surprised looks, she nearly laughed. "Have you forgotten the chain sickle? Hiraikotsu? The priests staff and spell scrolls? Kotans fan and the Quesusagia? Tetsusagia?" Kagosha shook her head. "We can't leave them there."
"That's for another time." Nakago said, sitting up. His wound was still healing, but he was looking better. "What now?"
"That's true. What now?" Santu asked thoughtfully. "We can't just demand directions back home, it might call attention to us."
"We could pose as human boys and girls and try to find out where home is." Kagosha said doubtfully. "Or we could wait here and hope that our parents think to look here."
'They're not looking." Kotan said softly. The other three turned to look at her.
"Of course they are!" Kagosha said.
"No they're not!" Kotan said, a little loud. Lowering her volume, she continued. "This is a test for us to overcome. We have to pull through, not our parents. We can't rely on them all the time. Look, why else would we get our weapons on our lats birthday? My dad knew that this would happen, and he was trying to help us pull through in the only way he could. Remember, he has the Sight?" Everyone nodded, thinking.
"He thinks that this would be the best for us. He was trying to make everything as easy as possible on us." Santu nodded.
"That make sense.... wouldn't some of our parents be mad at him though? For letting this happen?"
"He probably didn't tell them." Kagosha said.
"Exactly. We have to do this by ourselves." Kotan said confidently. Miles away, a woman smield.
"That's my girl." Kagura said, watching the scence. "Koga, everything seems to be going off without a hitch. They'll be fine." Koga smield at his wife, though dark circles under his eyes betrayed his uncertainty.
"With every step they take, Destiny turns and Fate finds a new course. Their Destiny Threads are being cut, leaving only good possibilities." Koga stood up and went to his wife, wrapping his arms around her, planting a small kiss on her temple. Kagura hugged him back.
"I still worry." Kagura admitted, feeling tears well up in her eyes.
"I know. I still do too. Everyone else does."
"I just want her back, Koga." Kagura said, looking up into his eyes.
"I do too. I haven't really rested since I knew about this." Koga kissed the top of her head.
"They'll be fine."
"Yes they will. They'll come back."
*Next day*
"How are the children? None of them are hurt, are they?" Nari asked anxiously at breakfast. "Is Nakago okay?"
"What about Kagosha? Is she alright?" Inuyasha demanded.
"Santu?" Sango asked worriedly.
"They're all fine. Nakago had a small bullet wound-" Kagura winced at Koahku's indrawn breath. "-but he's fine now. The worst any of them have are bruises, although they had to leave their weapons in Naraku's compound. They're making plans to get them back." Inuyasha looked shocked.
"You're kidding?! They're going back in?!" Inuyasha shouted. Kagome tried to calm him down.
"Shhh.... They'll be alright..... won't they?" she asked, shooting a look at Koga and Kagura. Koga nodded.
"They should be fine."
"Should!?" Sango asked.
*Kagosha, Santu, Nakago, and Kotan*
"By ourselves?" Nakago asked. He nodded. "That makes sense."
"It'll be hard, but it does make sense." Santu said, nodding. Clapping his hands together, he exclaimed; "Yosh! (Okay!) Let's do this."
"What exactly do we have to do? I think we should take new names, just until we get home. It might not be a good idea to stick with our normal names. We also have to pick what form we want. It's not a common thing, transforming. We'd be found out within minutes." Kagosha said. "I think that the commoner demons should be demons- Kotan and I- and you two should be human."
"Human? Why us?" Nakago demanded. Kotan looekd at him, backing Kagosha up.
"How common are metal bird demons? Or air void and poison demons?" Kotan asked. She shook her head. "Dogs and wolves are more common, but I think one of us should be hanyou. It's not common for two youkai to go around with two humans, even in this day and age. We need a hanyou."
"I'll be hanyou." Kagosha volenteered. "I'm more comfortable as a part human. You like being a full-youkai more then anyone else does anyway Kotan." It was true. She was the most comfortable as a full demon, and Nakago and Santu were more comfortable with their human form then anything else. Everyone liked being demons and hanyous, but if someone told them to get comfortable, that's the form they always choose.
"Okay. What about names?" Santu asked. "I want to be called Haru." They nodded. Spring was Santu's favorite time of year, so it was obvious that he'd want to be named after it. (Haru= spring)
"Can I be called Hoshi?" Kagosha asked. (Hoshi= star)
"That's fine, as long as I can be called Senshi." Nakago replied. (Senshi= warrior)
"That's a great name for you. What should I be called?" Kotan asked. "I like my name, but we might be able to think of a new one......"
"Um.... I have an idea..." Kagosha said. They turned to look at her. "How about we switch Santu's name to Yamabushi (warrior priests who roam mountains), and we give Kotan Haru? She like's spring too."
"Yamabushi's too long." Santu said. "Why not give Kotan Taki (waterfall) and let me keep Haru?"
"I like it." Nakago said. "But I'm not sure if I want to keep Senshi. I think I like Nobushi (field warrior) better."
"I've got a better idea." Kotan said. "Why don't I take Ookami (wolf), Kagosha can keep Hoshi, Santu takes Houriki (power of Buddha), and Nakago takes Seigei (justice)?"
"I like it." Kagosha said instantly. Her sentiments were mirrored by the other two. "So.. Ookami, Houriki, and Seigei, why don't we get moving to the next town?"
"Okay Hoshi." The four walked off, using the new names as often as possible to fix them in their memories.