InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
As the first light of dawn crept into the sky, the four children came upon a small town.
"Think it's safe, so close to Naraku's compound?" Kagosha whispered. "We might be found out."
"It's the last thing he'd expect, us being so close. Of course, these might also be the first homes he searches." Santu said.
"I don't like this one." Kotan said. "I have a mush no shirase." (Bad feeling)
"Let's skip this one then. What direction?" Nakago said. "North? East? West? South?"
"West." Kagosha said. "We might be able to run into Rin and Uncle Sesshomaru."
"We might not, but it is worth a try." Kotan said. "I kind of want to go west. It seems to be the best."
"Let's go then." Nakago said, heading west. He had an excellent sense of direction. It didn't take them long to come upon another town.
"Not this one. We still have miles to go." Kotan said. Santu sighed, then put his hands into his pockets, hearing something crinkle. Pulling it out, he saw that it was the sheet of paper that had been on Hiraikotsu.
"What's that?" Kagosha asked, curious. She sniffed. "It smells like Kotan's dad."
"I don't know." Santu said, opening it. He quickly scanned it, then gave it to Kagosha to read. By now, the other two were interested and came over.
"What is it? What does it say?" Kotan asked. Kagosha handed it to her. Kotan nodded seriously, then handed it to Nakago. He read it as well.
"No doubt about it. West is the way to go. We'll recuperate there, then get the weapons and head back home. Nakago, can you fix the letter in your memory?" Nakago nodded, thinking only of the letter as they went along the road to teh west.
'Kids-
It's Kotan's father. Head west when you escape, that's all I can say. Destiny is shifting; let us hope it settles in a beneficial place for us all. Everyone misses you kids very much, and we believe you can do this. I know that the others believe it as I do. I'm sorry that I can't help more. Hide your weapons and shape-changing abilities if you can. Don't tell anyone who you are. Try not to be found out.
I"m sending this with everyone's confidence, trust, and love,
Koga.'
That was all. That was the entire note. Not much but it put them on the right track.
"Let's get going then." Kagosha said, heading off in that direction.
"Why don't we all go full-youkai so that we can cover more ground quicker?" Kotan asked.
"Too many problems. We might be able to hitchhike........ of course, not all as youkai. Besides, a group of four youkai traveling west at a fast pace are bound to attract attention. A mixed group traveling slowly to where their uncle lives won't be suspicious."
"Nakago's right. Form and name everyone." They were already in their chosen forms- Kotan as a youkai, Kagosha as a hanyou, and Nakago and Santu as humans.
"Everyone remembers their name, right?" Kotan asked.
"Of course Ookami!" Hoshi- Kagosha- said cheerfully. She looked at Seigei -Nakago- and Houriki -Santu- making sure that they posed as humans.
"Ready?" They nodded.
"We have to get closer to the road." Ookami said, ushering the three others towards the road. They watcehd for the cars that sometimes went along the roads. Cars were still kind of new, so few people had them. Many still used carts and donkeys or horses. Soon enough, they came upon a large car- sort of like a minivan.
"Wow, there's so much room in there!" Hoshi exclaimed. "I'm sure that the person who owns it won't be too unhappy to give us a ride, right?" Just them, a burly man came out of the car. Seigei saw that he had a flat tire.
"If we help him fix his flat, maybe he will." he told the others. "Let's go." Ookami got an unpleasent feeling in her stomach, but she chalked it up to not eating. Houriki was the only to notice.
'Kotan? Are you okay?' he asked, concern lacing his mind voice. Suddenly, Kotan went pale.
'I'm fine Santu, but Nakago and Kagosha are in trouble!' Kotan burst from her hiding place, yelling at Kagosha and Nakago to stop, but Santu satyed hidden.
'Baka! They're in trouble, so we help them out later! You should have stayed hidden so that we could plan!'
'Too late for that now! I'm such an idiot...' Kotan cursed herself.
*Nakago and Kagosha- after leaving the bushes*
"You sure this is safe?" Kagosha asked Nakago.
"As sure as I can be." The man looked up and spotted the two children.
"Hello there! What are you kids doing out so early?" The man had a wide, oily smile. Kagosha didn't like him. Nakago smiled back, though he was also uneasy.
"We were wondering if we could help you change your tire in exchange for a ride west." he said. The man's smile grew wider.
"Of course you can! I'd be happy to give you a ride." Nakago and Kagosha had the new tire on within minutes and were about to tell the man that they had other people to get when Kotan came out of the bushes and yelled at them.
"Stop! Get away from him!" she called wildly. Nakago and Kagosha looked at her oddly, then felt the man behind put a cloth over their mouths. They were knocked out instantly.
'Chloroform......' Kagosha thought as she fainted. Kotan picked up teh thought and halted suddenly, and just as suddenly her eyes shot wide open as the bushes rustled. Not the ones Santu was hiding behind, but close. She turned around as the bushes shot open and the mans partner grabbed her. He put a hand over her mouth, preventing her from warning anyone.
"Mmmpfh!" she said. The man looked down at her, annoyed, but then looked back at the first man.
"Just these three?" The man nodded.
"They didn't mention anyone else. Think we'll get a good price for them?" Kotan was a shocked. She had heard that there were still some slaves in Japan, but she never thought that slavers would come this far.......... She tried to mentally contact Kagosha and Nakago, but they were still out cold. The man was suddenly whispering in her ear.
"Are there any others? Yell, and the cops have one more homicide case, got it?" Kotan nodded, looking like she was afraid. Once the initial shock and fright had passed, there was only anger at these men.
'How dare they......' she fumed at them silently, not allowing her mask of fear to shift. She was even angrier at herself. 'Why the heck did I come out of the bushes? Now three of us are captured.' Thinking to communicate, she searched for Santu. After a minute, she found him.
'Santu!'
'Baka! Now I have to try to help you bust out of wherever they'll take you. I ahve to save the three of you, not you and I each save one! Why did you go?' he asked snappishly. She menatlly sighed.
'I know it was a bad idea, but that's a bit late.' Suddenly, she heard the men talk again.
'We'll use the fake names and we'll talk later.'
"-in the car." One of the men ushered her into the vehicle- near her friends.
"No funny stuff. Don't even think about untying them and making a break for it." the other warned. Kotan nodded, looking fearful. They shut the back and climbed into the front. It would be hours before they stopped again.