InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was the next day. Santu was near frantic to get back to his friends.
'Where could they be?' he wondered, wishing he had Kotan's sense of smell, or even Kagosha's. He was just a void/posion youkai with very little strength save sucking or posioning, obviously. He was running in the direction he had seen the car go in, but he wasn't sure he'd catch up in time. He had to eat, of course. What use to his friends would he be if he was starved?
*Parents*
(Last left off)
"Shhh.... They'll be alright..... won't they?" (Kagome) asked, shooting a look at Koga and Kagura. Koga nodded.
"They should be fine."
"Should!?" Sango asked.
"Koga, are they doing okay?" Kohaku asked. Koga nodded.
"They'll be fine, they just.... " Koga's eyes widened and he dropped. Kagura rushed to his side.
"Koga! Koga, are you alright?" His eyes were wide, giving Koga a frightened look.
"Damnit.... they... I can't believe they did that.... oh no, this is bad.."
"Out with it Koga!" Miroku commanded. He was normally a peaceful man, but Santu was a sore spot for him. If anything had happened to him......
"Malum." Everyone's eyes widened at that one word.
"You're..... that's not funny...." Nari gasped out weakly.
"It's not a joke." Shippo said sadly. "And I'd know."
"He's.... he caught them? You didn't say that that was a possibility!" Inuyasha snarled. "We all know what happens to people in contact-"
"I didn't know! This was such a remote possibility...... I didn't see it before." Koga lied. 'Those possibilities never existed before. I've always known what was going on.. why now?'
"Will..... what's going to happen?" Kohaku asked anxiously.
"They have, at the moment, two futures- possibilities. They'll either be turned into Naraku and used against us or be taken as slaves for Malum."
"I..... hate this." Kagome said, sniffling. Inuyasha wrapped a comforting arms around her shoulder and she melted against him, crying with her eyes closed. Inuyashas eyes flicked to her, softening, then looked at Koga.
"We all hate this. They have to get back." Inuyasha said, speaking for all of them.
*Later*
"You didn't tell the whole truth." Kagura said softly to her husband, wrapping her arms around him. "About their future possibilities. Why?"
"The... the futures.... shouldn't exist. They weren't remote, they were just..... nonexistant." Kagura drew back in surprise.
"They.... created Destiny's Threads? That.... that's not possible!"
"It isn't but they did. The two future's they've picked for themselves can only result in our death or theirs. If we die, Naraku wins and has our children as puppets. He'll be using different charms this time- ones you or I couldn't even defend against. If they die, Naraku wins because we won't be as viligant as we should be and we'll let him in. We'd be in mourning, providing an opening in our hearts." He turned to face her, a haunted look in his eyes. "I hate this cursed 'Gift'. Why did the Princess give it to me, of all people? Inuyasha would've been able to deal with this. Hell, even Kagome could've." Kaguar stepped closer to him, embracing him tightly. She hadn't ever heard her husband talk like Inuyasha or anyone was better then him, and it worried her.
"She knew that you'd do exactly what you are now. Strong enough to do what has to eb done, but compassionate enough to share his pain. Could you see Inuyasha telling anyoen but Kagome, or Kagome being able to withstand this? Could Miroku or Sango do what you've done? Even Shippo or I couldn't do it. Nari nor Kohaku would be able to shoulder this. You're the only one able to do this. We are the only ones who could do what we were Gifted with."
"I know, but I still don't want it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, being able to see all the possible futures of anyone in the world."
"I know." Words were inadequete to describe the feeling that filled Kagura at that moment. The most outstandingh- and recognizable- was her love for Koga. He had been so strong, holding out where others would have fallen, managing to forgive and forget, even when Kagura couldn't forgive herself.
*Kids*
'Wake up! They're here!' Nakago warned his friends as the demons who would test their strength came into their room.
'Act dumb and don't show anything you don't have too! Try not to do anything that indicates you have special powers. Nakago, act. You are NOT a demon or hanyou at the moment!' Kotan warned. She forced a stupid- if sleepy- smile onto her face.
"Good morning!" she exclaimed. She had always been a bit of a morning person... the youkai grunted.
"We're here to test your powers."
"Really? This sounds like fun!" Kagosha smiled stupidly as well.
"Keh!" a second guard said, then pointed to Nakago. "He'll come with us."
"Me?" Nakago asked, looking shocked and pointing to himself. 'I'm going? What? Guys.....'
'Don't tell them anything if you can help it, but save yourself first. Give us warning though, if you must change.' Kotan told him worriedly.
"See you soon Seigei!" Kagosha cheerily, waving at him while being led away. 'Nakago! Be safe!' Nakago was hustled out a side door as Kotan was moved, following Kagosha.
*Santu*
He stopped, huffing and puffing, by a large gate that led into some sort of compound. He knew that they had gone inside- while his nose wasn't the best, it was adequate for tracking. He tried mental contact.
'Nakago! Kotan! Kagosha! It's Santu! Are you alright?' He waited. The answeres were a bit faint- they came from the other side of the compund, but he could hear clearly.
'Fine, but they're testing our youkai abilities.' Kotan replied.
'They also took Nakago. He's still human, I'm still hanyou, and Kotan's still youkai.' Kagosha reported.
'I don't like this. I think.... is this a dungeon, like on old movies?' Nakago mind-vioice laughed, but it held nervous undercurrents. 'I don't like this....'