InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Nakago swallowed. He didn't like those sharp objects on the walls. At least Santu was also here- the boys were close friends.
'Santu? Can you create a diversion?' Kagosha's voice echoed in his mind. 'We could use the help.....'
'We could run while you set off the bomb, or whatever.' Kotan said.
'It would be a great help... but I doubt you have a bomb.' Nakago swallowed. These guys meant business...
'Okay. What should I do? No bomb...' Santu's mind-voice seemed to shrug, if voices could.
'What do you have?' Kotan asked.
'My clothes and myself. Nothing else.'
'You'll have to stage an attack....' Nakago said. 'Soon.'
'I can start immediantly.'
'Not quite yet. When they strap Nakago down- or are about to- then is when you attack. Too soon and we won't be able to get the rest out.' Kotan said.
'There are more?' Kagosha asked, horrified.
'Yup. We'll talk later.' Nakago swallowed. One of his 'escorts' noticed and shook his arm, snickering loudly.
"Like all our tools?" Nakago didn't answer, silently praying for the diversion to come soon.
*Kotan and Kagosha*
"Here is where you will be tested. Any talking...." The guard casually let his hand rest on a leather whip secured in his belt. He didn't need to finish his threat. Kotan noticed the other youkai in the courtyard.
'Is this all?' Kagosha asked.
'Yes.'
"Once we figure out what you can do, we'll train you to be of use. Got that?" Smiling wide-eyed, the girls nodded, keeping the pretense of stupidity up.
"And then can we go home?" Kagosha asked, a dopey smile firmly in place. Nearby, the other youkai snickered. Both of teh girls clearly heard words like 'idiots', 'retards', and the like. Even as much as they bristled at the insults, they realized the need for them. The guard raised his whip a bit from, his belt- not even an inch- and they fell silent. Kotan could smell the fear emanating from them.
'He keeps them obediant by fear.' Kagosha noted, seeing what Kotan had.
'He does. Despicable rodent...' Kagosha wrinkled her nose.
'They all are. I can't wait to get out of here. We'll ahve to round up the adults and lock them up, then get the kids to listen- we don't want them wreaking havoc on Japan!'
'You and Nakago will get the kids- Santu and I will get the adults. If you can get them to stay in one place, then you have to help. Malum won't be easy to catch....'
'No kidding.'
"You imbecile!" The guard sighed. The other youkai- all kids , much like Kotan and Kagosha- shot then pitying looks. The guard raised his whip meancingly.... Kagosha cringed. That leather would bite into her skin- and it would hurt...
'Santu, Kagosha, Kotan, now!'
*Nakago*
The guards were trying to force him onto the steel table- the torture table. Pretending idiocy, Nakago gave teh appearence of puzzeling over it for a while, then came up with a 'brillient' idea.
"Hey, don'tcha want to get me onto that bed thingy?" he asked, pointing at the 'bed-thingy'. "Why don't you just ask me?" His captors sighed.
"Okay, kid, will you go lay down on that so we can strap you in?"
"Okay!" Nakago flopped down on the cold metal, sending out his mental signals to a certain three people.
'Santu, Kagosha, Kotan, now!' He felt- that was the only way to describe it- Santu race to Kotan and Kagsoha's side. Images flashed before his eyes. A man with a whip, aiming for Kagosha....
'I'm outta here.' he decided. leaping off the table, transforming, and attacking the nearest guards. Caught off guard, they offered little resistence. Nakago was done in a minute. Spreading his wings, he leaned forward, arms perfectly straight and behind him. (Think of how Inuyasha runs- AN) He raced through the corridors, heading for the courtyard. For better or for worse, their time here would end there- everyone was running there.
"Kotan! Kagosha! Santu! I'm coming!" In a flash of light- reflected off metal- Nakago was past the adults also shooting for his destination. They would not beat him.
*Kotan and Kagosha*
The whip began its descent, but- now that Kagosha didn't have to act the fool- she could dodge, and dodge she did, almost faster then the eye could follow. The guard was left staring studpidly at the space where she had been. Kagosha and Kotan broke into identical grins, grins broadening as they saw Santu leap over the outside wall. He sighed when he saw the scene.
"I'm going to feel useless again- too many civilians....." Santu sighed, then walked over to Kagosha.
"You could have waited." The three children seemed oblivious to the rest of the people- youkai and guards- in the courtyard.
"He would have hit me."
"How.... how...?" The guard was shocked- no one had dodged his whip before. Kagosha stepped forward, her features morphing into a youkai's- like her dad, her eye's changed to red, but with purple-gray slits, not blue. She also gained beautiful purple slits.
"Oh, did we forget to introduce ourselves? How silly of us.." Kagosha didn't like hurting people normally, but- liek her mother- if someone threatened her friends, she had little to no mercy. This man had even wanted to put them into slavery.
"I am Kotan, daughter of Lord Koga and Lady Kagura of the Nine Gods." Kotan said, stepping forward. Staying where she was, Kagosha intoduced herself.
"I am Kagosha, daughter od Lord Inuyasha and Lady Kagome of the Nine Gods."
"I am Santu, son of Lord miroku and Lady Sango of the Nine Gods." Santu added, stepping up between his sisters, morphing into a demon as he did so- he had been human up until that point. He had one thing to say for the elaborate intoduction- it had the desired effect. Everyone looked shocked- you could have heard a pin drop. The guard moved, but only slightly- he pressed the call button for reinforcements. Someone burst from the door.
"I am Nakago..... son of Lord Kohaku and Lady Nari of the... Nine Gods." he panted, spreading his magnificent wings to their fullest extent.
"You'll be dead in a second!" The guard cried out triumphantly, aiming a gun at Kotan. She simply watched with interest until it grew close- then she jumped. It was so fast that- if you had been watching- she seemed to have disappeared. The bullet whizzed past harmlessly.
"Was that supposed to connect!?" Kotan laughed, signaling her friends to take on the others. She kicked the guard in the jaw, breaking it and knocking him out. She spun quickly to face the other adults, noticing that Santu was preparing to raise a poisonous shield for her- she'd be able to attack, but they wouldn't get at her.
"Doku Ta te!" A tannish powder encircled Kagosha, surrounding and not hurting. A youkai guard tried to ard her, but his arm burned. He screamed, falling back.
Santu was doing quite well. Some of his more minor attacks were more then sufficent to kncok the youkai and the humans who came after him out.
"Doku Honou!" A poisoned flame was pouring from his hands- the level of poison enough to knock out, not kill.