InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Inuyasha growled. Kagome was being such a bitch lately, and he didn't mean like a dog-bitch (Meaning female). He meant the human kind.
'Where does she see weakness? I am not a weak puppy, needing to be pitied!' Inuyasha was growling again. He laid down on the bed, head propped on one hand.
'Where is she, anyways? Out with pretty-boy Koga?'

Kagome was in the washroom. She was brushing her teeth and fuming. Inuyasha had kept glancing at her with such a 'look'. His look was calculating and full of memories.
'I don't even look like Kikyo!' She looked in the mirror, and, for a moment, saw the dead priestess' face superimposed over her own.
'Maybe a little, but Kikyo's dead. I'm still alive. What is with him, seeing the dead in living things?' She angrily stomped out of the washroom and down the hall, heading to her room, which she shared with Inuyasha. She nearly ran into Shippo.
"Gomen ne, Shippo. I didn't see you." she said, sincere but toneless. Shippo just glared at her. His glare carried a bit more weight now that he was almost full grown. He muttered something under his breath.
"I didn't catch that, sorry?" she offered, slightly annoyed. What was up with people these days?
"None of your business." he said shortly, stomping past her to his room. Kagome just folded her arms and sighed, mad. She stomped the rest of the way to her room, and saw Inuyasha lying on the bed.
"What is up with people lately?" she asked out loud, flopping down on her side of the bed.
"I don't know. I'm just an idiot, right?" Inuyasha snapped.
"You're not an idiot." Kagome said without thinking, muttering, " Most of the time." Inuyasha sat up and glared at her.
"I am not! What's with all the pity?! I'm damn sick of it!" Kagome stood up and shouted down at him.
"At least I don't see my dead girlfriends in the face of someone else!"
"Why are you dragging HER into this?!" Inuyasha shouted, standing up as well. "You always drag Kikyo into our arguements, baka!"
"Don't call me stupid, idiot!"
"I am not stupid! I don't pity people for nothing, and THAT'S stupid!" Kagome was furious. She even saw red.
'Wait a minute.....' The anger was almost completely washed away, to be replaced by fear.
Inuyasha was full demon, and it didn't look like he had meant to transform.
She was still human.
"Inuyasha! Turn back NOW!"
"Shut up bitch! You can't order me around!"
"Who's ordering!? You're freaking me out- did you mean to do that? You're always trying to scare me or something!" she shouted, anger now returning full force.
"You're a weak human! Of course you'd be scared!" Kagome narrowed her eyes. To her, that sounded like a challenge.
"Who's weak!?" she screamed, going full demon. "I can play this game too!"
And there went the control they had. Once two demons get into a fight, usually there's only one way to settle the fight, even among amtes.
Fight!
Of course, each would have an unexpected helper. After all, they had one element at their disposal- one each. Once they get angry, so do their elements. Even now, the warning rumble of the ground and the agitated slosh of water in the pond outside was attesting to their fury.

Naraku chuckled. Kagura spat at his feet, stepping from the shadows.
"You really should start on your assignment. Maybe another day of torture will make you a bit more cooperative?" he asked, smiling thinly. Kagura glared at her master. Over the past few weeks she had been burned, half-drowned, and tortured in any other form that Naraku could devise. She had a quickly fading black eye, many cuts and wounds, and she was pissed off.
"I won't You know it as well as I. All I have to do is wait until my husband recovers his senses and finds me. No one will die, except you." Kagura spat at Naraku's feet again. Naraku actually faced her this time, a smirk on his face.
"Why Kagura, that won't happen." Kagura's stare held nothing but loathing for the youkai.
"You can't hold a curse forever. No one can. As soon as the curse becomes too much of a strain on you, they'll be free."
Naraku laughed.
"The curse doesn't have to be forever. In fact, you could call this a short-term curse. As soon as they fight and say all that they have to, they're free. The longer they avoid the issue, the stronger the curse becomes, until they're half-mad with rage. Of course, if they do voice all of their doubts, their relationship is damaged irreparably. There will always be the doubt. Doubt is such a human emotion- it makes them weak. Now, with anger, that can help them to teh point where they don't care about their bodies. It makes them reckless, ruthless." Naraku laughed again. "You get what I tell you?" Kagura nodded, realizing what he meant.
Even if the curse was lifted, it was too close to a zero percent chance that they'd stay together. In all liklihood, they would all break apart.
Kagura gasped. She had a hunch about what was coming next.
"Of course, say that the two people don't see each other for the longest time. Then they'd go mad with the desire to kill the other, no matter what it took." Naraku smiled. "So, you see Kagura, not only do I expect your dear wolf, I look forward to destroying him right in front of you."
Kagura backed up a step, shocked. "You....... you wouldn't....."
"I would, and I'd borrow your form to do it." To prove his point, Naraku transformed into the mirror image of Kagura. Kagura dropped to her knees.
"Don't you dare....." she said, tearfully, but her voice holding an underlying power. "DON'T!"