InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Return to the Place Where I First Loved You! ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Return To The Place Where I First Loved You!
 
By Gogina
 
Chapter 2
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, just the plot and story line. No amount of money will be made from this.
 
 
The walk through the throng of people literally wore me out, but it was going to take more than that to stop me. Every since I returned home, I'd been walking around like in a trance, not even noticing what should've been staring me right in the face. I closed my eyes tightly as I forced myself to stop walking. My adrenaline was on high and I had to calm down before I blew a gasket.
 
Inuyasha. I wonder what he's doing right now.
 
I quickly shook my head, hoping to shake that thought out. He had his own life now. Free of me and my unworthiness to be called his friend, much less hang around him anymore. A picture of him entered my mind and there was nothing I could do to stop it. The beads. My eyes flew open. I never removed the beads from around his neck and he hadn't mentioned them!!
 
“Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!” I chided myself, slinging my book bag over my shoulder and hurrying along the street.
 
But as soon as I reached the well, my legs became lead. I couldn't move. How could I return? How could I force myself to see Inuyasha again?
 
Oh, God, please. I don't want to, but I have to. If he and Kikyo are to truly be together, then I must remove the beads of segregation. But, I don't want to. That will mean I'll no longer be connected to him. Maybe-Maybe it's better this way. I know in my heart that if I truly love Inuyasha, then I must want what's best for him. That's not me.
 
Feudal Era . . .
 
 

The well seemed deeper than I remembered, but I didn't let that bother me. I had left a note for my family, telling them where I had gone, as if they couldn't guess. I heard voices outside of the well. Familiar voices. Voices that made me cringe every time they were together. Kikyo and Inuyasha. My heart sank into a sea of darkness in my chest. My brain screamed at me to turn around and go home, but I had come there on a mission, and I intended to finish it.
 
A shadow blocked the sunlight streaming through the opening at the top as a familiar voice called down, “Kagome?”
 
 
A/N: Just something that, IMO, would've/could've happened. (If the writers had wanted it to.) So, R&R soon and I'll update ASAP.