InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reversed Roles ❯ The Girl Awakens ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Reversed Roles

Chapter Four - The Girl Awakens

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - I don't own Inuyasha, nor do I claim to. He belongs to the original creators, and I'm not getting paid anything from writing this fanfic.

Author's Notes - Ah, finally…the weekend. Sorry about the lack of updates during weekdays, I just have the time to write then. Weekends is usually when I do most of my writing, lol. I'm supposed to be writing my Biology research paper right now…but it got so boring I had to give up, and I wrote this instead. So, you'd all better enjoy it! Lol! R&R and sorry for any mistakes.

Other Notes - Will be Kagome/Inuyasha, or course…but there will also be Kagome/Sesshomaru too, just like there's Kikyo/Inuyasha in the anime/manga ;) Rated PG-13 for swearing and violence.

Summary - Roles are switched, and Inuyasha releases the hanyou Kagome, who's been sealed to a tree for 50 years. When the Shikon no Tama is broken, they're forced to work together to find the shards before evil does. ----------

The sun was so low in the horizon that the forest was quite dark now, and Inuyasha was having great difficulty trying to see where he was going.

This has got to be the most stupidest idea I've ever had! He thought, wildly running in different directions in hopes of losing the demon that was still chasing him. No matter what he tried, he couldn't lose it. Running into a strange, dark forest with a bloodthirsty demon after me..and I have no weapons!

Behind him a tree crashed to the ground as the demon chased after him, and he tried to pick up his pace. I'm the fastest runner in my school and I still can't lose this thing! He groaned.

"You cannot escape me you filthy human!" Came a voice from the darkness behind him, "I can smell you! I know your scent!"

Smell me? Inuyasha furrowed his eyebrows as he ran, Either it has a good sense of smell or I really smell! He frowned at that idea, shaking his head slightly. Keh! Impossible! I do not smell! I showered this morning!

Another tree fell forward behind him as the demon crashed through it, it's centipede-like body whipping out in front of him to stop him in his path. Inuyasha barely had enough time to register something falling in front of him before he ran into it, falling backwards with the impact.

Son of a… Inuyasha winced, rubbing the back of his head with one hand.

"Stupid weak human!" The centipede-woman growled, "Give me the jewel or I'll tear you to shreds!" It then lunged forward, but Inuyasha was quick enough to roll out of its way. The woman half of the body crashed to the ground, its many arms tearing up the ground beneath it. Quickly, Inuyasha grabbed the only thing he could find, a nearby rock. When the demon finally raised its head to look at him with piercing angry eyes, he threw the rock as hard as he could and hit it between the eyes. It reared back with a screech, its eyes closed in pain.

"Take that!" He smirked and congratulated himself on his good aim. Then, leaping over the demon's body that had been blocking his way, he darted off in a different direction, hoping that the demon was distracted enough that he could get a good distance from it, and perhaps find a way to escape.

-----

After 10 minutes of running through the dark forest and hearing no signs of the centipede demon, Inuyasha realized that he'd done it - he'd lost the stupid demon. With a sigh of relief, he sat back against a tree, trying to catch his breath. Peering up at the sky, he noticed that the sky was now totally dark, the sun having finally set, and the only light now came from the moon.

This is just great, he sighed, trying to be as quiet as possible. He didn't want to alert the demon of his whereabouts, and it was all bad enough the thing supposedly thought he smelled. Why is this happening to me? He sat further down, slumping against the tree so that most of his back was on the ground, his head laid against the trunk of the tree, his thoughts wandering.

He'd begun the day just like any other day, doing the chores his crazy grandfather Myoga wouldn't do. He'd found his sister Rin in the well house, staring down into the dark depths of the well, terrified that a demon was going to come out. He'd been stupid enough to try to prove Myoga wrong - every story his grandfather had told had been a lie after all, right? Who would have known it would be true… he'd been suddenly attacked and had somehow ended up here.

Lost, he'd wandered through the forest, until he came upon a beautiful sleeping girl. Well, she had looked like she had been asleep, at least.

Inuyasha scrunched up his nose. Turns out she's dead.

He'd then been attacked by villagers, who brought him to see the crazy village elder, who had thought Inuyasha was a demon and had slapped anti-demon spells on him. He'd then learned all kinds of information…and the village had been attacked..

And here I am, he growled in frustration, hiding from some demon who's trying to kill me! Lost in some other place or time…with some stupid jewel I don't even know about…what a day this has been!

A noise brought him out of his angry state, and his eyes widened. Had the demon finally caught up? Was it going to find him and kill him now? He listened more carefully, trying to find out what direction it was coming from. Stilling himself, he listened for almost a whole minute before he caught it again. It sounded like…whispering? A far away voice? Inuyasha shook his head. Who'd be crazy enough to be out in the middle of a demon infested forest at this time of the night besides him? He wondered if he should go find the source of the voice.

Standing, Inuyasha brushed himself off. Keh! It doesn't matter…whoever's stupid enough to be out here isn't worth my time! He scowled, crossing his arms, let the demon eat them…see if I care! But the whispering continued, and Inuyasha felt himself drawn to it.

Well..maybe I should at least warn them of the danger.. He gave in, letting his arms fall to his sides as he made his way in the direction he thought the voice was coming from.

The forest seemed to grow darker as he pushed branches out of his way, stumbling over fallen trees and rocks. He got a strange foreboding feeling, but he chose to ignore it. The whispering was drawing him…as if calling out to him through the darkness.

"Fuck!" He growled out, tripping over yet another large rock he couldn't see. He didn't care if the demon heard him, the demon was far from his mind as the whispering voice grew closer.

Finally breaking through the trees, he found himself in a familiar clearing, staring up at a very familiar tree. It was slightly different from his last encounter, but he guessed it was because earlier he'd come during the day, and now it was dark

The whispering had stopped now, and he listened carefully, his eyes darting around the clearing in hopes to catch the voice again. However, the whispering voice was heard no more. Kicking the dirt in frustration, Inuyasha made his way forward.

Perhaps I could hide in the tree? He wondered, looking up. It is the tallest tree around…I could probably see the demon's location from up there. His eyes landed on the dead girl instantly, and he stopped. Forget it…I'm not about to disturb a dead girl.

She was still there, pinned against the tree with the same sword he'd seen earlier. The only difference he could see was that her head was no longer leaned to the side, but was now down so that her chin was touching her chest, and her long black hair covered her face. Inuyasha wondered if she'd moved on her own, but then decided it had to have been the wind. Dead girls didn't move, now did they?

Looking away from her, he found that he'd unconsciously walked closer so now he stood at the upturned roots of the tree, the same roots he'd climbed to get a better look at the girl earlier that day. Reaching out, he gripped the hard wood and pushed himself up with strong arms, crawling up onto the root. He stood with steady legs, balancing himself so that he wouldn't fall. That done, he finally looked at the girl.

Kagome.. He raised a hand, slowly reaching out to lift her head and brush the hair away from her face. Such a pretty face…it shouldn't be covered like this. Gently gripping her chin, feeling the oddly warm skin under his fingers, he slowly tipped it forward, causing the hair to fall back in place, and revealing two very open and very red eyes.

Inuyasha let go with a cry of surprise, and for the second time that day, fell backwards off the root. He landed on his back, sharp pains shooting through him. "Damn it!" Any other curse words he was about to utter was cut off when he heard a female voice.

"Sesshomaru."

Inuyasha looked up, raising himself into a sitting position using his arms. His eyes widened as he found two eyes staring back at him, no longer red, but narrowed in hatred.

"Sesshomaru. You've returned to kill me once and for all, I see." She said in a steady voice, but her anger and hatred could still be heard.

"What are you talking about?" Inuyasha staggered to his feet, moving away from the now awake and very alive girl. "I'm not Sesshomaru…and you're already dead!"

Kagome raised an eyebrow. "Why are you playing such games? You are Sesshomaru…you have his white hair, and you look just like him!" She snarled, "And you know I'm not dead…I was sealed! There's a difference! I was technically dead…and I was dead until you came back to finish the job!"

"Does it look like I'm about to kill you?" Inuyasha raised both hands to show he had no weapons. "If I have nothing to kill you with, then how the hell do you think I'm going to go about the task?"

Kagome growled, an inhuman sound and made him almost want to back away. But he was angry and confused, and he wasn't about to back down from proving a point. "You always were an idiot," She continued to growl, glancing down at the sword that pierced her to the tree, "You have your sword! Take it! Finish the job! That's what you're here for!"

Inuyasha raised his hands to his head in frustration, "Listen here bitch! I'm not this Sesshomaru guy, and that's not my godamn fucking sword!" He yelled, startling her. "I'm having a terrible day, and you accusing me of being someone I'm not is giving me a headache!"

Silence followed as she stared at him, studying him hard before she sniffed the air. Her eyes widened. "You're not Sesshomaru!"

Inuyasha groaned. "I told you I wasn't!"

"What have you done with him?" She snapped, "Why do you look so much like the white haired priest?"

Inuyasha calmed slightly, looking up at the girl. "From what the village elder told me, he'd dead. Died a long time ago."

"What?" All anger disappeared from her, and her eyes widened even larger.

"He's dead." Inuyasha stated calmly, arms crossed in front of him, "He died 50 years ago."

Kagome seemed to think this over, leaving a eerie silence. "50 years ago.." She muttered, before she scowled, "Hmph! Good riddance then! Now I don't have to hunt him down and kill him myself!"

Inuyasha uncrossed his arms, suddenly realizing that they'd been arguing quite loudly, and talking out loud had probably alerted the other demon of his location. Turning his gaze back to the girl, he told her, "It's been a pleasure talking to you and all," He started sarcastically, "But I really have to be going. I'm being chased by a demon."

He turned to leave, wondering why the hell he'd even bothered talking to the tempered girl, and wondering how on earth he'd ever found her attractive. "See ya around," He waved.

He'd only taken a few steps before he heard her call out to him.

"Hey! Wait!" She said in a calm voice, and he realized when she wasn't yelling and snarling, she actually had a nice voice. He turned to look at her, one brow raised in question. She looked hesitant for a second before finally asking, "Can you please help me down?"

Inuyasha's eyes widened slightly at the 'please', and debated on whether or not to help her. Well, she is being nice…and I can't leave her there for the demon to eat.. With a sigh he gave in and he started walking back to the tree. Climbing the roots once again, he stood face to face with the demon girl, and found himself staring at her.

It's so weird…she looks like a normal human girl, but she has fangs, claws and ears… He frowned slightly.

"What?" She snapped, her anger returning to her.

Inuyasha shook his head. "Nothing. But you'd better be a lot nicer or I won't help you at all!" He replied hotly.

Kagome frowned, before looking down and apologizing. "I'm sorry. I just..I just woke up today..after 50 years…and I happened to die with a lot of anger." She hesitated, looking up at him, "And you were the first person to come across me, and you really do look a lot like Sesshomaru…I'm sorry I took out my anger on you, okay?"

"Apology accepted." Inuyasha gave a small smile - she really wasn't as bad as he had thought she was. "Now, how do I go about freeing you?"

"The sword -" She started to explain, but was interrupted by a shrill cry from the forest, which caused Inuyasha to whirl around, just as a demon crashed through the trees and into the clearing.

To Be Continued…