InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rin's Little Adventures ❯ Episode Three: Hide and Seek ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Episode Three: Sesshomaru Plays Hide and Seek

~*~

"Rin! You stubborn fool!" Jaken shrieked down the halls of the palace, attempting to find the human charge of his Lord Sesshomaru. He'll kick me into a tree if she does not come with me to dinner! The poor toad thought in misery as he scurried around. "Come out this instant!"

"No! You have to find Rin, Jaken-sama!" A voice cried out in pure delight. Jaken sighed. He often tired of Rin's games and especially at this moment, he was not in the mood.

"Well, where are you child?" He asked in exasperation.

"Rin is hiding! That means you are seeking," came Rin's reply. Rin! I am not in the mood for this! Jaken growled in his mind.

"Oh dear me. It seems that Rin has fooled me. I cannot find her anywhere," Jaken called out, realizing it was his last resort. The only other way to get her to come out besides finding her was to admit defeat. With that, Rin jumped out of a crack between the corridors letting out her happy girlish giggle. "Now come on! Sesshomaru-sama is getting very upset with you always wanting to play games when you are to be receiving your nourishment!"

Rin nodded, knowing now that she was going to be in trouble if she did not go with Jaken-sama. They headed down the hall to the dining room where the noble demon lord was sitting at the head of the table, scanning a scroll. He looked up just before they entered the room.

"What is your excuse for your tardiness this time, Jaken?" Sesshomaru questioned his vassal, watching as the pathetic creature started to grovel at his feet for forgiveness. He rolled his eyes, clearly not thrilled with his irritating excuses.

"Jaken-sama was playing with Rin. Rin was hiding," The small girl spoke up, watching as emotionless golden eyes were now fixed on her.

"Hiding?" The demon lord asked, his brow fixing slightly in bewilderment. Why on earth would she be hiding from Jaken? He is not frightening at all… Sesshomaru thought.

"Yes! Rin was hiding from Jaken because it's a game!" She added, her voice filled with excitement. "Oh! Sesshomaru-sama, you'll play the game with Rin, won't you?" She asked, her luminous dark eyes wide with hope. Sesshomaru most definitely did not want to play but the look she was projecting at him was too much for his defenses to muster.

"I would feel more comfortable if you ate, Rin," The taiyoukai stalled, returning his attention to the scroll he had been reading. "Perhaps another time."

"Oh… Ok," she sighed, her voice heavy with disappointment as she ate the food that had been placed in front of her. She pushed her plate back and ran up to Sesshomaru, eager and hyper. "Can we play now? Rin is done eating and Sesshomaru-sama said another time! It's another time isn't it?"

Kami-sama. I need to work on my choice of words, he thought to himself, nodding stoically as Rin leapt for joy. Jaken watched this, his gaze immediately flashing to his lord in shock. Sesshomaru felt his vassal's eyes upon his and he turned, glaring over his shoulder at him. "Not a word," he murmured for the toad to hear as he left to play hide and seek with Rin.

**

Rin is hiding and I'm supposed to find her? That is all but too easy, Sesshomaru thought as he strode non-purposefully through the gardens. She is hiding under that bench. It is plain as day. What is the point of this game? "I see you, Rin." He called to her, watching as she came out from under her hiding spot and rushed forth, latching onto his leg.

"Yay! Rin knew you could do it, Sesshomaru-sama! Rin is so happy for you!" She cried, her smile reaching her ears. Sesshomaru felt slightly warm at the expression on the child's face. He placed his hand on her head and disentangled himself from her hold, taking her hand and returned inside, all the while thinking of how one simple and pointless game could bring such joy to a little girl.

THE END