InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rin's Little Adventures ❯ Episode Five: Brushing Sesshomaru-sama's Hair ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Episode Five: Brushing Sesshomaru-sama's Hair

~*~

"Sesshomaru-sama! Help me!" Jaken squealed as Rin chased him down the halls, her now longer hair blowing behind her in the wind. It wasn't too noticeable but the taiyoukai had exceptional vision. He took a step forward and put his foot out, tripping the toad, allowing Rin to catch the object of her chase.

"Rin wins! Rin wins!" The young girl cheered, her face alight with supreme happiness. "Thank you, Sesshomaru-sama!" She leapt forward and latched onto her surrogate father's leg and sighed when he patted her on the head. It never ceased to please her whenever she had done something right and he acknowledged it by the simple pat on the head.

"You're quite welcome, Rin," The Inuyoukai replied in his usual deep, emotionless voice.

"Sesshomaru-sama, since Jaken-sama lost do you want to play with Rin now? If you're not busy in your study room?" Rin asked hopefully, clasping her hands behind her back as she hopped from side to side awaiting his response. Sesshomaru-sama had been working awfully hard lately in his study and Rin wasn't allowed to go in and see him. Those times upset her because she would sneak a peak in on him and see him looking frustrated and tired. Sesshomaru-sama needed a playtime break.

The taiyoukai sighed mentally. He was fatigued but he would not admit defeat. He really only needed to relax for a few moments with his charge until he was well under wraps of going reluctantly back to his extensive library and study. He nodded to her and followed her with long, graceful steps as she led him outside into her favorite and most comfortable spot in the garden. The flowers and shrubbery were lush and green, the sky was a rich golden and pink color and the warm, slightly humid air of the descending night was very alluring.

"You can sit, Sesshomaru-sama. Rin will help you relax. Rin knows what will help you," The young girl told him and pushed him down until he sat. "Comfy?"

"Yes, Rin. I am comfortable," He replied, watching in amusement as she gave him her trademark toothy grin.

"Good," she said over her shoulder and she scampered inside quickly. Sesshomaru waited, his eyes tired from being trapped in his studies reading negotiations and other plans and treaties the Taiyoukai's of the other lands had delivered to him. He hadn't slept in a week. He nearly almost drifted off but then he heard Rin's small feet coming down the hallway inside near the door and her scent blew in the wind. He turned his head and saw she was holding a brush.

"You're going to brush my hair?" He asked slightly skeptical, one of his slender eyebrows arching.

"Yes. Rin likes it when Hana-chan brushes her hair," The little girl replied to her surrogate father. "Sit still." She said in a mock motherly voice. Sesshomaru sighed and a small, amused smile quirked his lips but quickly disappeared as soon as the brush gently went through his hair. "Sesshomaru-sama has such pretty hair. When Rin grows up, she wants hair just like it."

The taiyoukai's eyes closed and he tilted his head back slightly into her ministrations with the comb. It felt nice, stroking through his hair like that. Soon, when all of the small tangles had been combed out of his hair, Rin began to play around with it, gathering it all as if she were going to put it in a ponytail and braiding little pieces. Before she knew it, Sesshomaru-sama's head was in her lap and he was sleeping peacefully. The small girl parted his bangs out of his eyes and looked him over, thinking he was simply beautiful.

His eyes were closed with thick lashes resting on his cheeks, his hair was in disarray in her lap and his chest was rising and falling with every breath he took. He looked completely peaceful.

Rin is glad Sesshomaru-sama is sleeping. He hasn't been able to because of all his work, Rin thought, smiling down at her father figure. Sesshomaru-sama is beautiful… She thought as she let him continue to take the long needed nap in her lap, braiding his silky bangs while he slept.

THE END

(Awww! Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever read? I don't know, but I had to write something about Sesshomaru being so relaxed that he falls into a peaceful sleep. Rin's reaction is very cute I must admit and no, there are no romantic feelings here. Just father-daughter affection.)