InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Runaway ❯ Kagome’s New Look ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I’ve been taking forever, because school is a most unenjoyable activity. Thanks for the over 100 reviews. Sorry for not updating soon and for the short chapter last time, there wasn’t much going and I plan to get a little comical this time.

Well, R&R!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 7: Kagome’s New Look

 

Inuyasha slowly cracked an eye open. His vision was hazy and he shifted slightly. The hanyou slowly rose up to see his friends. Shippou had been curled up in a nifty little ball, laying next to the schoolgirl’s head. The young monk was working silently, throwing more fuel into the small fire to keep it going

 

From the other side of the room, Miroku heard a faint question escape the hanyou’s lips.

 

“Is Kagome all right?” Inuyasha sleepily asked.

 

The monk looked slowly up from his crouching position at the small fire. He could see Inuyasha laying lazily against the wall. The hanyou still appeared sleepy, and his eyes were only half way open. He had a lazy look on his face, falling on the kitsune and the young raven haired girl.

 

“Lady Kagome has not awakened yet.” Miroku told him as he placed another log into the flames.

 

The floor creaked as the white haired man arose from the floor and walked slowly over to Kagome and sat cross-legged at the side of her futon.

 

“She appears to be in the same condition as she was yesterday.” Miroku stated further.

 

Kagome lay there, still, emotionless and cold. She wore a white blanket and slumbered soundly in the futon. Her raven hair shining dully as it was spread out around her in a tangled abyss. There were traces of dirt, leaves and twigs entangled in her hair. Her skin was a pale shade of white and her lips were a creamy pink. The girl’s clothes were still damp and the water had soaked into the blanket.

 

Inuyasha put a hand on her wrist. Her skin was cold as ice and it felt as if she had been sleeping on a block of ice.

 

**She’s so cold. ** Inuyasha thought to himself. **Her skin feels like ice. **

 

Miroku peered over Inuyasha’s shoulder.

 

“ Her clothes are still wet, and her skin is ice cold. I’ve been trying to build up the fire, but to no avail.”

 

“The blanket’s wet.” Inuyasha stated, feeling the damp texture in his hands.

 

The hanyou removed the blanket to see Kagome’s almost lifeless form. Her damp fuku was stuck to her skin like a glove. The girl gave out a few hollow coughs and slowly put her shaky hand up to her mouth to block the sickness from spreading throughout the hut to her friends. Even though she was laying there in front of Inuyasha, she could only hear muffled voices coming from the room.

 

“You’ll have to get her some dry clothes.” Miroku advised.

 

“There should be some around here somewhere.” Inuyasha stated. He looked as if he thought for a bit and then eyed the monk suspiciously.

 

“Is there a problem?” Miroku asked, arching an eyebrow.

 

“I don’t trust you in here alone with Kagome.” Inuyasha told him. “You go and look for Kagome some dry clothes and I’ll stay here with her.”

 

Inuyasha had recalled the few days back when he had met Miroku all to well. The lecher gave Kagome a few feels and who knew where his eyes went to and what he could have possibly done to her when he took her away on that little pink bike Kagome always rides. They had some pretty weird contraptions back in the modern age on the opposite side of the well.

 

Miroku silently agreed and walked out of the room in search for a yukata for Kagome to wear. After Miroku had left, Inuyasha took a glance at Kagome. He wore a look a worried look, he had barely gotten any sleep from the night before and seemed really worried about her.

 

Miroku walked into the room carrying a white yukata with large, pink peony flowers sprinkled over the fabric.

 

“Who’s removing her clothes?” Miroku asked with an arched eyebrow.

 

“Geh?” The hanyou seemed almost embarrassed at the question and his cheeks stained a light pink.

 

“Well, I could always dress her..” Miroku stated calmly.

 

Inuyasha gave him a ‘yeah right’ look.

 

“You ain’t puttin’ a hand on her, lecher.” Inuyasha glared with a slightly annoyed look.

 

“Then you’ll have to dress her yourself.” Miroku closed his eyes.

 

A few second after his remark, the young monk found himself being drug out of the hut and thrown outside, landing on his posterior. His staff soon followed and landed on the ground promptly beside of him.

 

He took a look back at the hut door to see a hanyou face peeking out from the corner.

 

“There ain’t no way I’m letting you take a peek at Kagome when she‘s got no clothes on!” Inuyasha scowled.

 

“Oh, I see, you’d rather take the liberty of undressing her yourself.” Miroku said to himself. “Ah, some guys get to have all of the fun.”

 

“What was that, Houshi?”

 

“I said you should hurry, time is critical.”

 

The door promptly slammed.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**************

&nb sp;

Inside, Inuyasha began to slowly remove Kagome’s clothes blushing a bit as he did so. He had taken a peek at Kagome before when she was bathing in the lake, and had been ‘osuwari’-ed for it.

 

Inuyasha had felt as if his head were going to explode, and so much blood had been rushing to his cheeks from blushing that he could almost feel it emitting from his rosy cheeks.

 

After a while of taking in her ‘soft features’ the hanyou had dressed the school girl in the beautiful kimono. As she lay there, almost lifeless and ill, he thought to himself about how pretty those colors were on her. He had always seen her wear modern clothes, well besides Kikyou’s miko outfit, in which, she wasn’t too happy about.

 

The pinks, greens and whites really seemed to fit her and show her curves quite nicely. The hanyou covered Kagome with a dry blanket. As he did so, she shifted slightly. He could see the dark haired girl’s face contort as she rolled over in a fitful sleep.

 

“I-Inuyasha...” She replied in a whisper-ish, weak voice.

 

“Don’t worry Kagome...” Inuyasha said as he gripped her wrist lightly. “I’m here.”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Yes, I’m done with yet another chapter of this fanfic. Thanks to all who are reading so far. I enjoyed your reviews. This fic isn’t over yet ^_~ Look forward to another update and much luck to you in the future with all of your fics, and lives as well.

 

Please R&R and tell me what you think of this comical. yet fluffy chapter.