InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Running into a crush ❯ "I'm Sumi" ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*cough* Well here's chapter 2, I will seem to repeat myself a lot... >.> But what do you want? I can't come up with a synonym for “girl”, I'm not that smart! :P
Disclaimer: Sadly I don't own any of InuYasha... T-T
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 2: “I'm Sumi”
Sumi applied some pressure on Sesshoumaru's bleeding arm, or what was left of it anyway. Sesshoumaru hissed and used his right hand to slap Sumi off him, his long sharp nails digging into her face at the same time.
Sumi literally flew off Sesshoumaru and landed ten feet away from him, she didn't scream but was trembling. She raised a shaky hand to her face and applied it on her cheek, when she withdrew it, it was soaking red. Sesshoumaru glared at her before turning his gaze opposite of her, Sumi wiped her blood on her already stained pants and stood up.
Calmly she walked away from the injured cuty and walked back to the river, some blood dripping on her jacket at each step she took. 'Why... Why didn't he let me help him?' she blamed herself of being too harsh, maybe he didn't trust anyone or maybe he simply hated her.
Sumi swallowed back her doubts and knelt on the river side, putting both hands in the cold water, some blood being washed away. She somewhat cleaned her bloody cheek with fresh water and now hesitated. Sumi really wanted to help him, who knows, maybe with time he could learn to trust her?
Sighing deeply, Sumi riped a portion of her shirt under her jacket and put it in the water, maybe that will work better than just his clothes. Sumi walked back to where the man was and noticed he had his eyes closed, he seemed to be sleeping. She smiled to herself, 'He's so peaceful...' but her smile turned into a frown when she saw the amount of blood he had been losing.
Silently, Sumi crept to his side and this time slowly put the cold cloth on his wound. Sesshoumaru opened his eyes suddenly, ready to leap on whoever touched him. When he saw it was the same annoying girl, he relaxed a little, although not really sure why.
Two hours passed during which Sumi regularly went back to the river to get some more water for his wound. However Sumi was amazed that the wound had stopped bleeding and was already starting to heal, she just shook it off and went back to the river, this time drinking a little water herself as she washed the cloth and walked back.
Sumi stopped in her tracks as she saw the little girl from before, the injured man had hissed at the girl just like he did to her. Sumi hid behind a tree and watched the scene intently, a smile crept on her lips as she saw the little girl interested in him. She could immediately see that the man didn't hate the little girl like he hated her, she somewhat envied the kid.
As soon as the little girl had left, Sumi came back and this time put the cloth on the man's forehead. He merely looked at her, apparently he seemed to avoid any eye contact with anyone. Sumi had seen him do the same with the small girl. “I'm Sumi.” she stated randomly, and as soon as the words escaped her lips she wished she hadn't said anything.
In response, the guy only closed his eyes. Sumi sighed as she stood up, she walked back to the river, her stomach growling for some food. 'I'm so-- dumb!' she kept calling herself names when she saw the same girl from before trying to catch fishes.
Sumi stood up as she slowly walked up to the girl, but before she could reach her she noticed the villagers coming with torches.
“There she is!”
“Thief!” screamed the villagers, “We were kind enough to keep you and you steal from us!?” Sumi picked up her pace, she was exhausted but she would protect that girl.
Even if it cost her life, at least the little girl would be able to go back to the cute guy. The villagers had started beating up the girl when Sumi came from behind them.
“Hey! Leave her alone!” Sumi pushed her way to the girl as she knelt beside her, taking her in her arms.
Sumi glared at the villagers, “What do you think you're doing wench?” asked a villager ready to beat the crap out of her as well.
“She's just a kid morons! You'd kill her!” snapped Sumi as she felt anger rise inside her.
“So what about it? A kid thief is still a thief!” replied a villager as he punched Sumi on her scratched cheek.
Sumi instinctively curled into a tight ball with the little girl in the middle, not letting the villager's wrath reach that terrified small girl. Soon the villagers became bored with her and just used one of their farming tools to knock on the back of Sumi's head.
Sumi fell on her side, bleeding from the head and her body already showing many bruises. The little girl got out of Sumi's grip and looked at her, despair in her eyes, she didn't know what to do! Screams reached her ears as she saw a strange looking man enter her hut and eat some food. Leaving Sumi on the ground, the little girl walked to her hut and peeked inside.
The strange man looked at her, “Is this your house little one?” he asked as she nodded hesitantly. The man rushed outside as he heard some noise, “They found me already?” he then rushed into the river but was pulled back by two wolves.
The little girl gasped when the man was killed by his apparent leader after he took back a shiny shard. The pack of wolves was set free, and the little girl could only watch the entire village being eaten alive. She bit on her lip as she looked at her savior from before and saw her stirring, she rushed to her and pulled on her sleeve trying to wake her up.
Sumi cracked an eye open as she saw the little girl's expression, it showed fear. Sumi winced, her head throbbed like mad but she pushed herself up, feeling her sore body. The girl pulled on her sleeve again and started running in the forest, Sumi stood up and followed the girl, hearing some screams from the villagers.
Sesshoumaru stood up as he made to leave the forest, soon he found Jaken on Aun.
“My lord! I've looked all over for you!” greeted Jaken as he rushed to Sesshoumaru's feet.
“Let's go.” he said walking in the opposite direction of the village.
Sumi had to run now behind the girl who sped in the forest, 'What is she running from?' she wondered. Suddenly she heard it, four wolves running behind them both and headed straight for the girl! Sumi hurried to block the path to the child. An image of the man against the tree flashed before her eyes as a wolf opened its jaw to take a bite at the girl.
Sumi jumped, pushing the little girl forward as she kicked the wolf. “Go find him!” yelled Sumi as she saw the girl hesitate then nod. Sumi smiled as the girl escaped but was pulled back to reality when the wolf snapped its sharp teeth around her ankle.
Sumi screamed in pain, trying desperately to make him let go, even though she knew it was no use. Soon the other three wolves joined in and bit in Sumi's arm, shoulder, and leg. Sumi closed her eyes in pain, she knew the more she struggled the more she would bleed. Either way, she was going to die.
The wind picked up as Sesshoumaru stopped in his tracks, the smell of blood was abundant in the air. 'I know that scent...' he thought and, suddenly, heard rushed footsteps. When he turned around, he noticed it was the little girl who had gotten him food.
She had small bruises but nothing too bad, tears were threatening to fall from her eyes as she arrived at Sesshoumaru's feet. She pulled on his pants and pointed back to where she came from. Sesshoumaru looked down at the frail girl and started walking in the forest.
Jaken made to follow, “Stay with her Jaken.” ordered Sesshoumaru as he disappeared in the forest, letting the smell of blood guide him. Soon he came across the annoying girl who wouldn't leave him alone when he was injured. She was bleeding from the head and had fresh wounds, apparently made by wolves' teeth.
He noticed on her cheek the four marks of his nails when he had pushed her away. Sesshoumaru didn't know whether she was dead or not quite, an answer to his question came when she took in a small breath. 'So she isn't dead yet...'
Sesshoumaru bent down over Sumi's limp body and with his right hand, grabbed her by the waist and gently slung her over his shoulder, blood getting all over his clothes and fluff. He walked back to Jaken and saw the little girl smile at his return.
“I-- I'm Lin.” she stuttered.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I know in the series it says Rin, but my Chinese friend told me the dub people were stupid, that it was Lin because there is no “r” in Chinese. So... yeah, basically that's it for now... ^^;; Criticism encouraged!
Silvermoon93: Yay!! ^.^ Thank you so much for reviewing! I don't wanna repeat myself (replied on the website) but you made my crappy day a good one!! Hehe and now, I shall update even if I get one review from a faithful reviewer: you! Haha, boy do I sound corny? o.O Guess I do... but seriously, if no one reviews, I forget that I have a story posted and that ends up as no updating... lol, pretty sad but that's how life is: busy. ;-; So thank you! And I hope you liked this chapter! n_n
lovely liz: Oh thanks! My first review on mediaminer!! I didn't even know I didn't update on there... I think that's cuz I didn't get any reviews... >.> So thanks for reminding me and just for you, I'll update! (That and... cuz I have time: stupid fever)