InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifice ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This chapter is a little shorter than normal, but I wanted to show you all that I’m not dead and still writing. I do have various ideas floating around in my head, but it’s prying them out that is difficult. I hope you enjoy this part. And the next part shouldn’t be too long in coming out. As always, Inuyasha does not belong to me.

Sacrifice

Chapter One

By: Lazuli

lazulidreamer@yahoo.com



Kagome wiped her eyes dry on the sleeves on her blouse, wondering if Inuyasha was going to come out of his room at any point-or if he was just going to ignore her the whole time. Her eyes took in the simple area where the tatami mats covered the area-there was a low table with a single pillow for the diner to sit on. There were a few bamboo hangings on the walls, and a sword rack. There wasn’t much else, and Kagome bit her lip. It was so bare looking.

The sound of the shoji sliding open startled her, and she looked up with wide eyes to see Inuyasha standing over her. The youkai looked down at her and she bit her lip, trying to avoid his intense gaze. Why was she here anyways? It didn't make any sense.

"Oi. Are you hungry?" Her head snapped up in startlement at the unexpected question as she gave a tentative nod. Is he just going to tell me to go find my own food? The villagers certainly didn't bother wasting food on a youkai's sacrifice, so what should the youkai bother feeding the sacrifice?

Inuyasha frowned slightly as if he could read her thoughts from her face and pointed towards a pot that she did not notice before. "Rice is cooking in there. We don't have fancy food here. You'll have to eat the basics."

Kagome nodded. "I... I don't mind." Her voice came out in a whisper, and she winced at how she sounded. Stupid and babyish. For all she new, this whole putting out blue eyed children was the normal around here. The youkai did take them. She didn't know what to expect, but she wasn't expecting it to be a harmless dream. She knew about reality. And the tales that the villagers 'casually' spoke around me didn't hurt, either. Stories of youkai taking young girls and raping them...making them their slaves. If I'm lucky, I'll just have to cook and clean for him.

"Well go and fix up two bowls." He finally said. "I'm hungry, too." He leaned back and relaxed, obviously waiting for her to do the established task. Kagome was halfway to the pot before she paused to look at him.

"Why should I?" She asked. "You can get it yourself." She wondered why she was doing this... she didn't want to die, and back talking this youkai just might anger him enough to get her killed.

Inuyasha simply raised an eyebrow at her, not showing any anger at her. "Because I said to." His voice was calm. "Now go do it."

Shaking her head, Kagome stood up. "You didn't take me so that I would serve you your meals like you were in invalid. If this place is so fancy you should have servants. Where are they?"

Inuyasha growled at that point. "They left when my mother died." He bit out. "They did not want to stay and serve a hanyou after the human princess had died."

Kagome's eyes opened wide for a moment. "I see... so your mother..." She didn't get a chance to continue before Inuyasha's second growl cut her off. It sounded more deadly and she instinctively closed her mouth at the impending danger that hung in the air. "I'm sorry. I won't say anything again."

Inuyasha's growl lessened as he nodded curtly. "See that you don't." He muttered. "Now--go fix the meal, wench. You're my servant now and you'll do as I say."

Kagome rolled her eyes. "Oh yes, Master." She mumbled sarcastically, picking up the heavy clay bowl and dipper, and scooped out the rice, filling the bowl to the top before handing it to Inuyasha. He snatched it from her and began eating rapidly with a pair of chopsticks, before glaring at her.

"Eat, girl. I'm not going to starve you." He said harshly. Kagome nodded absently before making a bowl for herself, picking up the rice with her fingers because she had no chopsticks to eat with. Inuyasha looked disgusted with her and handed her another pair of chopsticks

"Humans are such barbarians." He muttered. Kagome glared at him and stalked over to him.

"Excuse me?" She demanded. "I didn't ask for any of this. Not a damn thing!" She hissed out. "I was living a perfectly happy life before all this got thrown in my face. Now I'm far away from home…confused and have just been sacrificed to an arrogant youkai that can't even fill a bowl of rice for himself."

Inuyasha snarled and was about to knock her to the floor when he slowly got control of his temper. He stood up the girl, yanking her up next to him. "You speak too much." He hissed out. "This could be much worse for you. You could be dead. If you were in the hands of another youkai, they would force you to do much more than simply fixing dinner."

Kagome shook slightly. "You wouldn't do it, though." She said. "You said other youkai. I'm content to make your dinner. Just don't expect me to be falling at your feet with gratitude." She snapped.

Inuyasha moved faster than she could perceive, and soon she was staring into his amber eyes. "You sound so sure of yourself." He whispered. "You're a female. I'm a male. There are all sorts of things that I can do with you if I wished." He leaned closer to her lips. "Is that what you want?"

Kagome gulped and found that she couldn't move, that she wax frozen by the intense stare. She shook her head, hoping that he would release her, that she would be able to sit back down again without giving her total shock away at her situation.

"Too bad." He smirked, pulling her even tighter to him by grabbing her buttocks, and kissing her forcefully. "You're mine to do with what I want." He said huskily as he pulled away. "Never forget that."

***

Kagome lay trembling on the floor of the room after Inuyasha went to bed. After she had finished eating, he ordered her to clean the floors and other parts of his home. She had protested, but it was a fainter one than before. The memory of his hands on her was strong in her mind, and she shivered again.

“Mama… Papa…†She whispered. I’m so far away from home… from everything. Mama and Papa are dead… Souta and Jii-chan. All of them are gone-and I’m the only one left.

She started to cry, knowing that she was alone now, that no one was going to be there to take care of her anymore. She was stuck in a crazy place, and the captive of a demon. She wasn’t even allowed her freedom anymore. She broke down, sobbing quietly into the mats below her.

Inuyasha heard the girl crying in the room over, and he rolled his eyes. Stupid human. I don’t even know why I saved her. She won’t be of any use to me.

Unbidden, the image of his young mother crossed his mind, and he sighed softly. That was the reason why. It always went back to her. She had been a sacrifice for the taiyoukai of the Western Lands-

And he accepted the sacrifice because of the life and beauty that the human offered him. His mother told him many times of how the great youkai came to her and took her as his personal servant to test her-and soon it progressed into sharing his bed. Willingly. She emphasized that it was mutual on both parts from the beginning, but Inuyasha had his doubts. How could one control themselves if a beautiful female was sleeping next to them, was owned by them?

He sighed to himself as the sobbing increased in volume and intensity. At least his father never had this problem. His mother knew her great luck to not get killed by the youkai she was given to, and the great honor that was bestowed upon her family for the youkai finding her worthy enough to keep beside him. This strange girl didn’t seem to know any of that. His ears perked as he caught words through the sobbing, choked out among hiccups and cries.

“Mama… I’m sorry…†Now that was interesting. Did she run away from home? It would make her feel guilty to run away from a good, safe home to be in the care of a youkai. No wonder she was crying for her mother. He couldn’t care less of how she was feeling, thought. All he wanted was sleep, and she was making that difficult for him. He rolled his eyes and slid open the door that separated his room from the main one so he could tell the girl to shut up so they both could sleep.

Kagome was still too wrapped up in her grief to hear the shoji opening. She was caught unawares when someone lifted her in the air by the scruff of her neck. She yelped once and then fell silent as Inuyasha glared at her again. He never had a different expression yet when he looked at her, and she glared at him, the effect somehow ruined by the tears that trickled out of her eyes, and the pathetic sniffling sounds that she was making.

“Oi. Stop trying to guilt yourself. It’s too late now. Go to sleep.†He dropped her on the floor with a thud. Kagome cried out as her body smacked painfully on the ground, and Inuyasha shook his head at her. “Some people are trying to sleep, wench.â€

Kagome stood up unsteadily and glared at him. “Guilt?†She asked. How does he know? “You don’t know the situation.†She said angrily. “I can feel guilty if I want to or not.â€

His eyes rolled as he regarded her. “If you ran away from home, it’s your own fault that you’re here.†He snorted. “Don’t wallow in self pity. You’re alive and safe. You won’t starve or freeze to death.â€

Kagome faced off with him. “Well maybe I want to be dead!†She shouted, the tears standing out in her eyes. “Did you ever consider that I just might welcome death? My entire family is dead, you moron! They would be alive if it wasn’t for me. It’s all my fault.â€

Inuyasha raised an eyebrow, but otherwise showed no outward indication of his emotions. “Did you kill them yourself?†He asked. “Did you hire someone to kill them?"

Kagome stared at him, mouth open in shock. "What are you talking about?" She demanded. "I wouldn't do that to my own family. That's barbaric."

He shrugged. "That was what my brother did to my mother." He said calmly. "Unless you can claim the same of yourself, then you are not guilty of their deaths. So stop sniveling over it. I want to go to bed."

Her fists clenched in anger as she trembled with the need to smack him--hard. "How dare you.... how dare you act that way, as if their deaths weren't meant to cry over! I lost everything I knew in the space of a day. Everything." She emphasized. "You still have a home at least. You are taken care of and have your freedom. I have no family, no home and no freedom." She had stopped crying and a weird calm settled in her. "I have every right to cry until I don't want to."

He sighed. "Do it quietly then. Those damn wails of yours would put a cat in heat to shame." With those finals words he departed to his room again, slamming the door shut.

***