InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sadame ❯ Chapter 4

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Authors Note: I almost missed the deadline I put up, my long awaited work-free week have been cut short, again. I can at least be happy to say that this story is coming around nicely. I began the background tale now of their second life here and there is more coming so you can expect a lot in the future. The only thought I have right now is that you have been very quiet with the reviews. But I'm not going to beg you to review. Still it would be nice to read from time to time what you think.

Summary: Brothers... and mates?

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any other character in the anime or manga. This is purely fan service.

Pairing: Sess/Inu. If you don't like the idea of homosexuality, or even less incest, then I would be happy if you leave without making any fuzz about it.

Warnings: m/m, Mpreg, Incest, mention of violation/rape. More may appear.

Glossary: Kekkai - Barrier, Hanyou - Half-demon, Ningen - Human, Youkai - Demon, Shikon no Tama - Shikon Jewel, kitsune - fox.

Read, Enjoy and Review. All feedbacks of encouragement, joy, happiness and constructive criticism are welcome.

Sadame
By: Monkan

Chapter 4

"It was about 80 years ago that I heard from my father that the Western Land was gaining back its strength. At the death of the previous lord, InuTaisho, his eldest son took over as heir. His name was Sesshomaru. It was said that his appearance hide his strength like an illusion. He had a half-brother called InuYasha. But it was rumoured that Sesshomaru hated his half-brother for he was half youkai and half ningen. Sesshomaru wanted InuYasha dead. In a youkai's eyes, ningens are very weak and most stay away from them for various reasons. There are too many things that separate us to make us live with each other. InuYasha wasn't an exception.

Now, my father also believed that it was best to stay away from ningens but he wasn't a blind fool. He only saw that hanyou once when InuYasha was a pup and what he saw left him with memories until he died.

Because they have blood from both sides they aren't accepted by others. Humans fear for youkai makes them hate those with blood relations to youkai’s. Youkai hates ningens and anyone with their blood is seen as weak and from time to time prey. Father said to me; "Even if that hanyou had only lived to see 40 summers his eyes spoke of someone that have seen more than a life time." That's all he told me! InuYasha disappeared shortly after that from the Western Land.

About 33 years later a rumour spread through the land that InuYasha had once again returned to his land, and in the company of Sesshomaru. No one knows what really happened and after that InuYasha were always seen in the company of his half-brother. The ningens that saw them spread the words to others and tales that even reached the youkai was told."

"I remember that." Miroku said. "It was said that two youkai wandered the lands together. Many thought they were family as they shared many similar traits as the hair that looked like moonlight and eyes of pure amber. Warlords and other ningens driven by greed tried to ambush them as it was rumoured that their blood would grant them eternal life and strength. When barely two seasons had passed both of them vanished. It was speculated that they returned home." the monk paused briefly. "I never thought it was InuYasha."

"Why thank you for the information, monk." one look at Kouga and you could easily tell that he was angry.

"As I was saying." Kouga continued calmly, "It wasn't known until later after their disappearance that one of them had been sealed to a tree by a powerful miko. Even Sesshomaru couldn't undo the arrow that sealed InuYasha. The humans later called the forest where he was sealed for, InuYasha's forest. It became quiet infamous and youkai of low status went there to hunt InuYasha. What they didn't know at first was that Sesshomaru was keeping watch on the forest to keep out anyone that wanted his half brother any harm.

It took 50 years before the seal was broken. Barely a half year later, rumours spread among the youkai that Sesshomaru had taken his own little hanyou brother as his mate." Kouga stopped abruptly as he saw the slight trace of disgust and discomfort among the humans. At the look of the ningens faces Kouga's youki growled inside of him at their simple minded morals. He turned toward the demon slayer, "You of all should know that youkai have different standards than ningens!"

The statement took Sango a little aback before she gathered her thoughts and could only agree with the wolf youkai. "Mhm. I've seen things that have made me realize that even if some youkai can take on ningen form, our standard and moral can be totally different." she couldn't meet the others eyes as she spoke. "I can't deny what I know just because they live in a different world than us."

Kouga nodded and looked right into Kagome's uncertain eyes. "Kagome, I don't know what kind of world you live in and what you think there but I want you to understand something about us youkai." he took a slight pause to breath before continuing, "I've learned that among ningens, sleeping with a family member is thought as scandalous, right? Even couples between the same genders are even more hated. That's not in the case among youkai. In the past there were many youkai that mated their own sister, brother, aunt or even parent to keep the blood line clean and powerful. In other words; incest and gender questions are not an issue for us. When instinct takes over there are little a youkai can do to stop and among youkai, instincts mostly goes hand in hand with our deepest feelings and desires."

He waited for a few seconds, "BUT… mating with a hanyou is the same as ningens incest." Something changed in the air with his words. "I told you that most youkai hates ningens. Hanyou aren't an exception. Those that mate with a hanyou are looked down on, even if they are powerful beings."

Kouga moved slightly where he sat to buy time for his words to sink in. "Sesshomaru and InuYasha wasn't an exception for these thoughts. Even for children of a great and magnificent Daiyoukai there were those that didn't approve their mating. If they weren't powerful to begin with, they would probably be dead by now."

Kagome felt an intense sadness in her heart. To be killed just because you were with someone you weren't supposed to love? That was just to-- "...cruel!" she said in a sad voice. "That's just too cruel."

Her hands clenched slightly before she asked, "Kouga, what happened then?"

He took a deep breath as his thoughts ran through what he had told them. Kagome's answer was a shrug of his shoulders.

"Who knows? All I know after that is that their life together ended nearly ten months ago. I always thought that one of them died for some reason. I mean, mating bonds aren't broken with a few words or actions."

"What do you mean, Kouga." asked Miroku as his interest was caught. He was personally only interested in woman but this was something that concerned those he knew and he couldn't be left in the dark about something important. "How deep runs a mating bond?"

"For life and till death." Kouga said as Shippo jumped up on his shoulder. "A complete mating will last an entire life time. There will only be one mate in their life. When one of them dies it won't be long before the other one follows."

"Forever and Always." said Shippo in a serious voice.

"Oh! You know about it too?" Kouga said to the little kitsune.

"Of course, I may look like this but there are a few things that even I know." Shippo sounded a little offended. "A mating bond is based on four principles or claims if you would like to use instead. The first is trust, the second is blood, and the fourth is life."

Miroku had to take a fast replay on what Shippo just had said. "Shippo, you just skipped the third principle."

"I don't know what it is." the cub kitsune confessed. "Dad said he would tell me when I got older."

Kouga lifted Shippo down onto his lap and covered his ears. "The third one is the actual mating act."

Kagome and Sango blushed as they realized what he was hinting at. "You mean...?" Sango asked.

Kouga nodded, "Sex."

The woman sat silent and blushing even harder as the words sank in.

As if it was the most natural thing in the world Kouga continued. "First your instincts choose your partner to share your life with. If both can't fully trust each other then a mating bond is impossible to even begin. I mean trust from the bottom of your heart because you will give your mate the power over your life as well as your heart. With this bond comes the sent claim, you don't want others to go after your mate so you put your smell on him or her. The second is the mating mark, a bite mark by your mate on your throat. There the pair exchanges their blood to form a bond deeper than any other. It will take a few days for the mark to be permanent but once it's there, only death can do them apart. The third is the mating act; I don't think I need to say anything more there?" Everyone else shook their heads except for Shippo who was complaining because Kouga had just removed his hands from his ears. He hadn't heard anything up until this point. "The fourth and last principle is life. Most youkai doesn't take this step because it's both very dangerous and most think that they don't need it."

"Why is that?" asked Sango.

"My life for your life, my death for your death, my death for your life, my life for your death. So to speak of, Life and Death comes hand in hand on the last principle."

"I don't understand." Shippo was really confused now. This was more than he knew about.

"Always together in life. Always together in death. I will give my life to protect you. I will take revenge for your death." Kouga said in a serious tone, "Those vows and death at the hand of your mate will complete the bond."

"Wait, what do you mean by death?" Kagome had to ask in case her mind was telling her something was bad.

"Only on the edge of death will the vows be completed. In other words, they will have to kill each other." shock ran through the group.

"No way!" said Sango as she stared into thin air.

Kagome wasn't far of herself as her eyes couldn't see anything. "You’re kidding right?"

Kouga had to shake his head to clear everything else out, he was telling the truth. "That's why most youkai doesn't go through the last claim; the risk is too high that one of them will really die. Even youkai can't stand the thought of killing their own mate just to complete the bonding. Therefore, almost no one in over millenniums has experienced the full bond between mates. Mates that go through the last bonding, you can say they will merge their souls together; they will be connected on a completely different level. They will understand each other more deeply, they will know when the other is in grave danger, they will know when the other is sad or happy and they will always be there for the other. Everything. The vows bind mates for eternity and they will continue to meet even after they are reborn. A bond that last for eternity."

Miroku looked deep in thoughts as his hand was resting slightly against his chin. "Now that you say it, I wonder how far InuYasha and Sesshomaru have taken their bond."

-o-o-o-o-

A silver haired youkai sat at the edge of a big lake and looked down into the clear rippling water. His golden eyes stared mindlessly into the endless liquid. One of his hands rested against his shoulder as one of his knees was pulled up to support his elbow. The grass under his foot was soft and in the bright green bloom a little red flower.

His thoughts brought up memories from the latest battle and the other white haired youkai who had appeared before him. Life was bitter. He had known that he had to face him sometime but just not so soon.

His fingers caressed the mark on his neck as he remembered the day he had gotten it. He remembered the slight sting of pain but infinite trust and love for his mate overlapped the pain. He wouldn't really call it a sweet moment but it in his mind it had been beautiful and he had been sure he had felt the same.

He still remembered the feeling of his mate’s hands as they caressed his neck and chest. Heat erupted under his skin as those elegant fingers touched him. The pleasure of being at his mates’ mercy and giving the other just as much pleasure made shivers run down his spine as he pushed the memories aside.

Still, what was in the past was in the past and there was nothing he could do now to turn it around.

A shadow appeared behind InuYasha and he didn't even have to turn around to know it was Naraku. His own fingers were pushed aside as ice cold ones touched his mating mark and the scar that covered it.

"Let's go!" Naraku said before turning around and walking to the north.

"Yes." was InuYasha's reply.

Together, both hanyous disappeared into the shadows that surrounded the lake. A lake that laid in the middle of a battle field. A place that was just as much heaven as it was hell because it was surrounded by death itself.

To be continued!