InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Same Thing, Different Time ❯ What Is That In Your Pocket? ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Same as any of the other chapters. Don't own any part. Not looking to gain anything.

I have finally gotten to read my reviews!! And I want to say Thank you so much for all of them. I really appreciate each one in letting me know how you liked it. I hope that the story continues to be a good one for you. And, RapidFan, I don't mind all your reviews, I really appreciate all of them. Lets me know you're still interested in later chapters. You were my first and second review and I kept the next chapters up because of you.

Well people when I talked a couple of chapters back about embarrassing Kagome…well…here it is.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Same Thing, Different Time

by: aishiteru_inu

Part 15: What Is That In Your Pocket?

Previous Chapter:

'Kagome.' her name resounded in his head, while a knot tighten in the pit of his stomach. She was getting closer and he could hear her voice softly say his name.

"InuYasha."

He smiled back at her. She wasn't afraid of him. The closer she got, the more clearer and stronger her voice sounded. "InuYasha."

Until finally, when she was just close enough to reach out and touch her, her voice penetrated his head, striking him like a loud clap of thunder in his ears, shattering the images of the both of them into tiny exploding fragments.

"I--NU--YA--SHAAAA!"

He jolted awake and up like a scalded cat (of all things) at the same time. Disoriented a bit, he twisted in midair ready to take on whatever it was that had caused her to scream like that.

Or so he thought!

He jerked his head up toward Kagome's window as he started to come down, but he didn't see or sense any demon. He only saw Kagome leaning nearly half out of her window, with a towel around her which allowed him to see the top part of her rounded breasts; one arm was stretched out, holding something in her hand……

And that's when he missed his holding as he came back down.

There was no need for the word 'sit' to come out of her mouth, InuYasha already did a good enough job planting himself into the ground once he fell past the limb.

========================

After giving her hair a vigorous rub with the towel, Kagome allowed it to slip into a crumpled heap on the floor where she stood in front of her dresser. Opening a drawer, she took out a pair of black laced panties and put them on, then she opened another drawer and took out a pair of cut-off jean shorts and slid them up over her hips too. Next she opened the top drawer to retrieve a bra, putting her hand inside before she even looked. She jerked her hand back when it slid into the jelly substance that was there.

"What?" she started, glancing into the drawer to inspect it more closely, and found that the contents within was mixed with crusted or jellied like stuff. Her mouth dropped open as she wondered what in the world happened to her bra drawer.

She pinched up an undergarment here and there, and each one had the same 'crud' on it. She hadn't noticed this the night before because it had been one of the drawers that hadn't been open, so she did not look to go through it then. Her brother was so dead!

Her gaze finally came across one of her bras that looked fairly crumbled laying in there, almost hid away because the other garments were part way over it. Taking hold of the straps, she pulled it out like she had done the others and held it up for inspection. It happened to be her gel bra, and it was so tightly crushed it was easy to figure out then that the mess in the drawer had to have been the contents of the bra itself.

She pulled at it to return it to somewhat it's original shape, and in doing so she noticed the four puncture marks in it -- well, actually eight considering that there was a separate back panel which had encased the gel -- but they originated from the four.

Four punctures?

Four punc…? 'InuYasha.' The voice in the back of her head answered.

Four…? 'InuYasha.' It repeated, as she raised her head, her gaze automatically going out the window, her feet responding to the same draw. Her hand pushed the window open when she saw the silver-white mane of his hair that stood out amidst the green of the leaves.

"IN--U--YA--SHAAAA!"

The increasingly loud tenor of her voice, as she leaned out of the window, had reached the hanyou causing him to jump up in complete surprise turning to look at her. She met his wide golden eyes with furious dark ones, then spun away as he came down upon the branch, not seeing his literal downfall from there.

========================

InuYasha had picked himself up off the ground as she came around the corner of the house, trying to act as if it was the most natural thing in the world to be doing. Actually he had been having some practice at it lately.

He watched her stride purposefully toward him from underneath his bangs of hair, which concealed the fact that that was what he was doing. She had managed to don a blue tee shirt on her way out to him, but her feet and legs were bare of shoes and socks.

He busied himself dusting the debris of the ground from his arms until she had marched herself right up and stood in front of him. She didn't say anything, only stood there glaring at him.

"What are you caterwauling about, woman?" he grumbled with gruff tones. "You'd think a demon was attacking you or something."

"It concerns a demon!"

He made a funny scoffing sound, and looked at her with a doubtful expression on his face. He was there and none would have gotten past him.

"A dog demon," she added more as a punctuation than clarity, raising a brow.

Trying to be as offhanded as he could, he asked, "You saw my brother around here somewhere?"

Standing there stunned, her anger momentarily forgotten, as she asked with disbelief, "You have a brother?"

'Good save, InuYasha!' He patted himself, a little bit too early. He was about to answer, when she shook her head to dismiss the direction he was trying to lead her in.

"Wait. No. Aw, no! You're not getting out of this that easy!"

Busted!

"YOU were in MY room yesterday!"

"So?" he said frankly, having nothing else to be able to say about the matter.

Her mouth dropped open as she was taken aback with his answer. She didn't know what to expect, but the flat truth shocked her a bit, plus the fact that he didn't have any remorse of ransacking her room, let alone any embarrassment now that he's gotten caught.

"So?!" she repeated his answer with exasperation, her anger building back up. "SO?! You just don't go into someone's room whenever you feel like it. You wait to get invited!"

'As if that would ever happen,' he thought with another snort.

"That was you that destroyed my room, wasn't it?! And don't deny it either! I know because you ruined one of my good bras!" Without thought of embarrassment, Kagome shoved the ruined contraption beneath his nose, displaying the proof. "And I'd like to know WHAT you thought you were doing in my room going through my underclothes!"

He just remained silent, giving her one of his scowling expressions as he watched her, and realizing he wasn't intimidating her one bit.

"You know I got grounded because of what you did?"

He cocked a sarcastic eyebrow at her. 'Welcome to the club.'

"Why did you go in there and destroy my room like that? Was it just because I touched your stupid ears?"

"No," He scoffed. "I was looking for the necklace, Baka!"

"You…" she was taken aback again, then as her mind raced a sparkle glinted her eyes. He went… he tore up… she got…

That look was starting to make him feel uneasy.

"SIT!"

He laid there without a single word or sound from him, and waited until he had control of his entire body before even attempting to stand up. She was there, too, hovering over him with restrained annoyance. He wasn't going to get away from her, not while she had her weapon against him ready with just a single word from her lips. Nope, he knew it was coming, had expected it last night, but managed to have a reprieve. But first thing in the morning, not having gotten to wake up decently yet…? That really……you know……sucked.

InuYasha stood back up in the middle of the small crater he had made, making a couple of dusting strokes upon his chest before looking back at her. He tried to give her another menacing look, but she flashed her own angry eyes at him letting him know she wasn't one bit scared of him at the moment and wasn't backing down. He watched as she gave him the once over, returning her gaze back to his.

Well, he certainly wasn't scared of her either, he tried to convince himself, all the while knowing that he was starting to get more and more unsure of himself when he was around her. But he wasn't going to let her know that, he wasn't going to let her have something else to manipulate against him, so he just returned her glare.

It was really all about two seconds, once her gaze had returned to his, that the expression on her face changed. Almost to one of horror. Her eyes grew wide and color drained from her cheeks. The tight line she had upon her mouth, loosened and her jaw dropped as if she was about to scream, and it seemed as if she had stopped breathing altogether. Actually, she had, for he did not hear her draw breath over the past few seconds.

InuYasha drew his brows together even that much more, wondering what happened to have caused such a reaction: his defenses coming into play as he felt a wave of disappointment wash over him. Her reaction was directly pointed at him, not off to the side or behind him, but straight at him. He couldn't help to think anything other than the fact that something must have finally snapped, and she was realizing who and what he was. She hadn't seemed like she minded before, but the mortified look she was giving him now told a different story.

Well, he certainly wasn't about to show that it bothered him, and he set a darker expression in place.

"Whaat?" he snapped roughly.

She didn't even flinch, holding the same pose, and she still hadn't taken a breath.

InuYasha gave a low growl under his own breath. Did someone put a spell on her to freeze her like that? But, then, slowly he saw her eyes drop downward, her head dipping in that direction a couple seconds later. His own followed her gaze, and there near his feet were two tubular, paper wrapped items that he had taken from her room the other morning.

He heard a sound escape her throat -- it was a small strangled sound as if she was both choking and in pain at the same time -- then she slowly bent down, transferring the ruined bra from her right hand to her left.

Once she was hunkered down, leaning over with her chest pressed against her knees, he watched as she picked up the two items off the ground and rose back up staring at the things that she held. Her mouth was still opened, and a bit of color had rushed to her cheeks, but at least she was breathing again.

Abruptly she held her hand up, much like she did with what she called her bra, shoving the white things up to his face as her fingers clenched tightly around them.

"WHAT are YOU doing with THESE?!!!"

All anger and agitation dropped from him immediately as he stared at what she had shoved before him. Now he felt the wave of guilt and embarrassment of being caught. When he was sure that she was about to prompt him for an answer again, her face did that contorted expression again only this time her face went completely red.

As she sank back down to the ground, he heard her groan in the lowest voice possible, "Please, dear God, open the ground and let it swallow me whole."

InuYasha felt the tip of her finger tapping upon the top of his one foot, and he looked down to see what she wanted. She didn't even look up to see if he had even responded, seemingly, she just knew he did, and made a motion with her thumb. He responded by lifting his foot up.

He gave a soft growl of irritation as she reached out and unfastened the pink tabs that were across his foot. Damn it, she was going to take his foot pads too!

Kagome looked at the other foot but noticed that there wasn't anything 'attached' to that one. She was sure that if he had one on one foot then he certainly would have had one on the other also. She glanced quickly around upon the ground, yet still did not see it anywhere. She stood up, her eyes flew around everywhere except to meet with his, and finally she gave a glance upward. There, daggling from the foliage of the tree, in plain view, was the other 'pad'.

Her dark head dropped nearly down to her chest, and she covered her eyes with the one hand, while she pointed upward with the other that held all the 'items' she was beginning to collect. Other than that she didn't say what she wanted.

InuYasha's gaze followed her upward point, seeing what she did above his head, and with a leap upwards he managed to easily retrieve the snagged item from the high limb. He held it out to her once he landed and she took it out of his hand without looking at him.

He stood there deep in thought, wondering just what these things were that would cause her so much embarrassment as he saw her entire face burning red while she tried to crumble all the items together as tightly and small as she could. It didn't make sense to him that she would react in such a way because of 'them'.

Kagome thought she could die now. The embarrassment of it all, of him having her tampons and pads; not to mention that he had been wearing them! She had came out ready to 'kick his ass' and now all she wanted was to crawl away. How could she ever be able to look him in the face again?

"What's the matter with you?" he asked harshly, having caught so many different scents eluding from her in such a short period of time. It was the wrong thing to do because it drew her attention to him. She started to bring her red cheeked face up, when her gaze stopped somewhere around his hips.

"InuYasha," her voice was low and strained. "what is that in your pocket?"

InuYasha followed her gaze once again as to which one she was meaning, and there in his right hand pocket was a small length of white corded string sticking out. He didn't even try to stop her as she reached out, grasping it with her thumb and index finger, and gave a small tug. It was enough to bring the item out far enough to see what it was, which made her issue another one of those small choked sounds right before she drew it completely out of his pocket.

Was it never going to end, she thought as she lifted the little item up until it dangled in front of her face. Her cheeks couldn't get any redder without her head bursting into flames, but her eyes felt like they were going to pop right out of her head, crosswise. She stood that way for several heartbeats, or at least it would have been that long if her heart hadn't stopped beating right then.

"InuYasha?" she said in a voice that didn't fit the reactions that she had been giving him. In fact it sounded pretty calm -- too damn calm for that matter.

"Ummm…yeah…?" He answered cautiously, not knowing what to expect at that moment.

"What did you…," No, let her rephrase that question. "Where did you have this?"

His gaze studied what she was holding up and staring at so intently, seeing that the once white cylinder piece of material was rather dirty and not the kind of dirt it should have if it had been dropped on the ground either. No, it was a different kind of 'dirt'; some of it in thicker smudges. He was wishing now that he had just tossed the damn thing.

When he remained silent, she prompted him again without looking at him. "InuYasha…?"

He mumbled something inaudible, turning his gaze to the ground off to the side of him. It didn't really matter right then, because she wasn't going to ask him to repeat himself.

Kagome's eyes snapped up to his, looking at him with nearly a blank expression if it wasn't for the flush that remained tinted upon her cheeks. Her lips barely moved, and the sound that slipped out was so quiet that it was almost as if she hadn't said anything at all -- keyword being 'almost'.

He felt the immediate tug of the necklace around his neck, and found himself face down on the ground again.

It didn't take him long to pry his face off the ground since she hadn't said the word with much force behind it, but no sooner did he lift his head and look up at her, she said just a little more audible, "Sit."

It took a few moments more, but then he raised his head again managing to look up enough to look her in the face.

"Sit." She said in the same unemotional, flat tone she used with the previous incantation.

InuYasha debated whether or not to raise his head up again, knowing that she was still standing there, but eventually he did dared to glance up at her again.

"Sit."

He groaned this time, and didn't bother to raise his head out of the dirt even when he was able to. After laying there a while, he noticed that her scent had lessened as he dared a peek over the raised earth. She was nowhere in sight.

Raising himself up, he wiped his face and dusted himself off, a little angry with himself, a little angry with her. It made no sense why she acted like she did and to plant him in the ground what…five times?

Glancing up at the window to her room, InuYasha could pick up the faint movements she made, and with a leap made with ease he perched himself upon the sill. There he saw her dumping the contents of a drawer into a basket that sat on the floor at her feet.

Balancing himself on the thin sill of the window, he put his back against one side and a foot propped against the other. Not having any place else comfortable to put arms, he crossed them over his chest. She shifted her eyes up and over to him, but other than that she gave no acknowledgment that he was even there.

She moved to pick up the towels that she had left on the floor earlier and tossed them into the laundry basket also, then she went to make up her bed, which was done in quick fashion.

"I don't see what got you so embarrassed." he pouted ruefully, gaining him a flash of her eyes. "And why are you so angry now?"

"Why am I angry?" she growled at him, moving over to where he sat in the window. "I'm angry because of what you did, and the fact that you got me grounded! And I didn't say you could come in!" With that she gave him a slight push which sent him out of the window and crashing down upon the ground below, then slammed the window shut so that he wasn't tempted to return.

Down below, InuYasha laid spread eagle upon his back, looking up at the now closed window.

"Oh, yeah…," he shouted back. "well,…that makes two of us!" He was so upset himself that he smarted off, "And you didn't even say 'sit' this time!"

InuYasha hadn't realized his mistake, even when the window opened with a snap as it hit the top of it's height, and she stuck her dark head out the window.

"And I used the damn thing to clean my ears," he crossed his arms as emphasis. "so there!"

"Oh, really? That's good because I guess you won't have any problem hearing when I tell you to SIT!"

InuYasha felt himself bodily picked up, arms flinging out as he was flipped around and slammed into the ground for the sixth time that morning.

He laid sprawled like that for quite a while, and when he was able to raise his head, InuYasha slammed his forehead back against the ground a couple more times as he said, "Baka!" to himself each time.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* END of PART 15 *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Well, how was that? I did mention in either part 12 or 13 about embarrassing Kagome for what InuYasha was doing, so did I do a good enough job at that. Sorry about the 's' word, and I don't mean sit. It just seemed the right word to use at the time.