InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Same Thing, Different Time ❯ Dance of an Angel ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Same as any of the other chapters. Don't own any part. Not looking to gain anything.

Ok……to those who - you know……how about a little tease then? (I mean little too, depending on how you want to make of it)

This Chapter was going to be longer, but I felt that I needed to throw something out there as a morsel to entertain a few readers. So the other part of this will have to be in the next chapter, which works out just as well, I guess. I hope I didn't botch this up, and hope that it gives you a little something for right now. And I hope that it reads OK, because it's 2:16 a.m. and my eyes hurt too much too read through it again.

Any readers, please review. I do appreciate your comments. - aishiteru_inu

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -*-*-*-

Same Thing, Different Time

by: aishiteru_inu

Part 14: Dance of an Angel

InuYasha had already settled himself on the branch of the tree that was located in the back of the house; the one which gave him a perfect view into Kagome's room. He was already there waiting before she had managed to get the room herself, and when she did, he was able to see the expression that came upon her face. She literally nearly dropped as she surveyed the room, taking several seconds before all expression drained from her face as she then stepped in and quietly closed the door.

All he could do was watch as she moved across the room, and shortly thereafter setting the bags down and moved about the room setting things that he had scattered, or messed up, back in place.

Every breath he took for the longest time, he expected her to come flying to the window and yell out the word 'sit', but as time passed he realized that she wasn't going to do that. Didn't she realize that it had been him in there looking for that necklace?

Oh, he forgot. He did tell her that he 'knew' that she had that particular piece of jewelry with her, so he guessed that was the reason why she didn't single him out…yet.

He made himself comfortable, resting his chin on his forearm and closed his eyes as the girl went about cleaning the room.

When the music started, InuYasha raised his head and peered back into the room, but he did not see Kagome. A bit alarmed, his senses went into alert, and he sat up, sniffing the air with ears perked. There wasn't anything that he could detect around, and he could sense that she was still there, so then, where was she?

That question didn't take long in finding out the answer as she walked past the window to the middle of the room. His eyes widened as he saw what she was wearing.

It was some kind of tight black outfit that molded against her like a second skin, outlining every curve of her body from her shoulders down to her ankles, with a sheer white piece of material around her waist. What purpose that was he didn't know, because a person could see right through it and he could see the shape of her thighs all the way up to the juncture between her legs.

She stood there poise, with her eyes closed, as if waiting for something, and when he heard the soft rhythmic tunes start up again he watched as her body started moving. It was almost like watching something in slow motion as her body swayed, one way then the other, or stretched this way or that. She twirled around the room without tripping or falling down; with her hair loose, it swirled around her like a cloud. Now and again, a leg would come up, or she would lift and bend the knee so that the leg would curve behind her. Her arms would reach out, pulling back, circling around, her hands and wrist twisting in their movements. It was almost like she was calling… no, enticing a lover to come to her.

She never missed a beat with the melody, the movements of her body just fluid and gentle.

Entranced, InuYasha could do nothing more than to sit as he was, staring at her, unable to take his eyes away from her. She was like the mist rolling across the fields. She was like an angel dancing, music of the Gods filling her only for her to pour it back out from her heart, from her soul.

He didn't even realize that the music had even stopped, until she remained standing still in some particular pose that stretched her arms upward. He swallowed the lump in his throat, and realized that he had been holding his breath as he watched her dance. His chest expanded as he started breathing again, and then his breath came in short, painful bursts.

Gods, she was…… He'd never seen anything…… There weren't words to describe what he saw.

She was so…… Beautiful.

The music started again. Same tune, same song. And she started again, only the dance was different. She still moved in the same rhythm and grace, but her movements weren't an exact duplicate of the ones she had just done. He was right, she was just letting the music touch her and it flowed from her from there.

He felt his eyes widen a bit as if even a blink would cause him to miss one moment of watching her, wishing that he……

He sat himself back.

What was he thinking? What in hells possessed him to think something like that? To think she would ever want… Not him. Watching her move like that, she was untouchable; a simple look at his own hands told him the damage he could do to something as delicate as what he was seeing. Angel and a demon? That was a joke! He had tried that once before and it didn't work out, and 'she' wasn't even as soft like Kagome was.

No, as long as he could just sit there and watch her dance like fluid motion around the room, he couldn't ask for more. He had no right to ask for more, not when…

He laid down on the branch, his eyes never wavering from her, not even to the necklace that laid there sparkling in plain sight upon the dresser.

Over and over she played that music, as if she heard his request as soon as it ended, --."Again.", "More." -- while a clawed hand would tighten on a nearby branch until she started again. He didn't want her to stop.

Eventually, the rhythm of the music caused his eyes to droop and close, yet it's sound continued to drift into his ears -- reaching out, drawing him into his dream. He could see her behind his lids, flowing with the sound, but in his mind he saw that her eyes had opened and she was looking at him. She smiled -- like the pretty smile that she had given him earlier…before he had went and ruined it. Then he was there with her, standing, not knowing the first thing of what to do, so he just stood there, following her movement with just a turn of his body. That was alright with him because she just continued to smile at him, she kept dancing and swirling around him.

Then the music ended and everything was still. A moment passed, maybe two, and then she relaxed from her stance and turned toward him. He wanted to say her name, but nothing would come out. He wanted to go to her, but found his legs didn't want to move. Looking down, he found no apparent reason that he couldn't go, and then just as quick glanced back up to her.

She was still looking at him, her hair just now settling down around her shoulders, tumbling down across her back, swaying slightly from side to side in it's effort to stop. She was still smiling at him, too, as she started walking toward him.

'Kagome.' her name resounded in his head, while a knot tighten in the pit of his stomach. She was getting closer and he could hear her voice softly say his name.

"InuYasha."

He smiled back at her. She wasn't afraid of him. The closer she got, the more clearer and stronger her voice sounded. "InuYasha."

Until finally, when she was just close enough to reach out and touch her, her voice penetrated his head, striking him like a loud clap of thunder in his ears, shattering the images of the both of them into tiny exploding fragments.

"I--NU--YA--SHAAAA!"

He jolted awake and up like a scalded cat (of all things) at the same time. Disoriented a bit, he twisted in midair ready to take on whatever it was that had caused her to scream like that.

Or so he thought!

He jerked his head up toward Kagome's window as he started to come down, but he didn't see or sense any demon. He only saw Kagome leaning nearly half out of her window, with a towel around her which allowed him to see the top part of her rounded breasts; one arm was stretched out, holding something in her hand……

And that's when he missed his holding as he came back down.

There was no need for the word 'sit' to come out of her mouth, InuYasha already did a good enough job planting himself into the ground once he fell past the limb.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- End Part 14 -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-