InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Savvy ❯ Chapter Twenty-Seven ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: Another chapter! Inuyasha... is not mine. *sniffles* I'm SO, SO sorry it took so long. I have a job now! I'm working in a mental hospital! Fitting, ne? There's also something... else going on in my life that might be a REALLY BIG DEAL, but I'll tell you later maybe. Also, I finally broke down and made a forum. You can find it here if you wanna join. http://bitternessfiction.myfastforum.org.

*******

"I'll Be" Edwin McCain (you'll know when...)

"Good Fucking Bye" Matt Skiba (of Alkaline Trio)

*******

Inuyasha and Kagome remained in the shower until the water ran tepid, and as they were toweling themselves dry, Kagome demanded to examine his wounds.

"They're fine," he told her as she forced him to sit on the edge of the tub. "Hey, ow!" he cried, flinching as Kagome ran a finger over one of the gashes on his arm.

"Hm," she replied in an arrogant tone, and Inuyasha scowled at her little victory as she wrapped her towel around herself, kneeling before him to get a closer look at his left knee. "There's gravel in this," she mused to herself.

"It'll fall out," Inuyasha replied warily, but his fear of being Kagome's patient was quickly erased as her fingers brushed over his thigh, checking for more injuries. Holding his breath, he attempted to think of other things, and even closed his eyes against the vision of Kagome's nearly naked form. It only served to make things worse, however, causing his skin to become more sensitive to her touch, and after several moments, he heard her sigh softly.

"Is that all you think about?" she asked.

"W-What?" Inuyasha stammered, his eyes flying open to see a droll expression on Kagome's face, as well as the growing erection she'd caused him. "...That's y-your fault," he grumbled, willing himself not to blush.

"Is it?"

"Well, why else would it happen, wench?"

"I don't know... You did have your eyes closed," she said teasingly, and Inuyasha scowled again as her smile widened. Covering himself with his towel only proved to amuse Kagome more, and she was giggling even as she kissed him.

Standing up, Kagome straightened her own towel. "Do you have anything I can wear back over to my place?"

Inuyasha stood, wrapping his arms around Kagome's waist. "Who said you could go anywhere?" he asked, nibbling at her earlobe, and smiling as she shivered in his embrace.

"Well... I was told we had plans tonight."

Inuyasha's brow furrowed with confusion before he groaned. "Oh, yeah. I forgot."

"Do you not want to go?"

He honestly didn't feel like going anywhere, but Rin had told him Kagome would love Cirque du Soleil. He'd never heard of it. "Well, go," Inuyasha told her, puling away enough to smile softly at her. "I think we both deserve a night out, don't you think?"

"Yeah, but where are we going?"

"Some circus thing... Varekai?"

Kagome's eyes widened dramatically. "Are you serious?" she whispered. "Sesshoumaru got Cirque du Soleil tickets?"

"Uh, yeah."

Kagome squealed loudly, forcing Inuyasha's ears back, and she was gone from the bathroom, her heels thumping across the floor as she went to find a shirt to wear to her apartment.

"I guess Rin was right," he mumbled with a little smile.

(*)(*)(*)

Later...

Kagome sighed happily as she leaned on Inuyasha's shoulder in the backseat of Miroku's car. While Miroku and Sango were still talking excitedly about Varekai, Kagome was content to watch the traffic pass by, a faint smile on her lips. She wouldn't have believed such a stressful day could have had such a wonderful ending.

"You're quiet," Inuyasha commented, drawing her from her thoughts. "Did you like the show alright?"

"I loved it," Kagome assured him, finding his hand and threading her fingers between his. "Did you like it?"

He shrugged slightly. "It was better than I thought it'd be. I'm just tired."

Kagome nodded against his shoulder. "Remind me to check your wounds when we get home."

Inuyasha sighed, but didn't protest.

After telling Miroku and Sango good-night, Inuyasha and Kagome made quick work of getting ready for bed. Though Inuyasha didn't want to bother with his injuries, he knew arguing with Kagome would only keep him awake longer, so he laid down on the bed and let her tend to him.

"They already look better," Kagome told him as she cleaned the claw marks on his arm. "Um, was Jonathan there?"

Inuyasha nearly cringed, but stopped himself. He'd been hoping Kagome wouldn't bring Jonathan up. "Yeah, he was there."

Kagome continued her work for a few moments before her eyes met his. "...Well?"

Inuyasha sighed. "He was in on it the whole time," he admitted, hating the wounded look that passed over Kagome's face. "I'm sorry."

Kagome sighed. "It's not your fault."

"I know, but still..."

Kagome smiled softly. "I'll be fine. Besides, Kouga's gone. I won't have to worry about it anymore."

"Right."

Inuyasha waited for Kagome to finish before she put away her medical supplies and climbed into bed, switching the lights off. "Thanks for taking me out," she told him as she rested her head on his shoulder. "I know you probably didn't feel like going."

"You liked it, right?"

"I already told you I did."

"Then, go to sleep."

Kagome giggled softly, but did exactly that.

(*)(*)(*)

When Kagome peeked around the bedroom the next day, she inwardly groaned at the bright shaft of sunlight that filtered in from her bedroom door. I hope it's not time to get up yet, she thought, feeling too lazy to roll over and check her alarm clock. She wanted more time in bed, not because she was sleepy, but just because she was far too comfortable to move.

Hearing a content rumble, Kagome smiled as she looked to Inuyasha's sleeping face. His face had completely healed during the night, and she wondered if his other injuries looked any better. She'd been so afraid when she'd seen him the night before, covered in blood. Afraid, and angry at him for purposely putting himself in such a situation.

Yet it was her fault, wasn't it? He'd fought for her, and he'd do it again. He'd told her so.

Maybe now that Kouga's gone, he won't have to, she told herself. I don't think I could stand it; to see him that way again.

Unable to stop herself, Kagome cupped the side of Inuyasha's face, brushing her thumb softly across his lips, but drawing away as his eyes opened.

"Sorry," she whispered, but he caught her hand, bringing it back to his lips to kiss her fingers, his golden eyes looking deeply into hers.

"What's on your mind?" Inuyasha asked, his voice still rough from sleep.

"...Last night," Kagome replied sheepishly, and Inuyasha's eyes softened as he brought her closer to him.

"I'm fine," he told her again, kissing her forehead.

"I know. I just..."

Inuyasha pulled away enough to meet Kagome's gaze with his own. "It's over. You're safe now, and I'm not even hurt."

"But you were."

"Keh. Just scratches. Besides, do you have any other violent ex boyfriends lurking around I should know about?"

Kagome rolled her eyes. "No."

"Okay, then," he replied with a crooked smile as his eyes fell to her lips.

Kagome eyed him suspiciously. "What are you thinking about?"

"Shutting you up," he replied softly, just before his lips descended on hers.

Kagome was too overwhelmed by the feel of Inuyasha's kiss to protest his words, and she soon forgot he'd said anything as his tongue traced her lips, seeking entrance to her mouth. All the worry she'd felt for him the day before seemed to consume her suddenly, and she was desperate to touch him, to assure herself that he'd really come back to her, and that he was unharmed. Her hands fumbled with the hem of his shirt, pushing it away to feel the warm skin beneath as her fingers trembled.

Inuyasha could sense Kagome's upset, and he hurried to comfort her, his fingers combing through her hair as his kisses became gentler, less demanding even as they drew her in, forcing her to forget about his injuries, and Kouga. There was so much she didn't understand yet, but it wasn't the time to try to argue his point. He only wanted to see her smile again.

Kagome watched with heavy lidded eyes as Inuyasha withdrew from her, but as he pulled her up with him, she understood and helped him remove her night shirt, where it fell to the bed. His lips met with the sensitive flesh of her neck as they fell slowly back to the bed, and Kagome sighed softly at the feel of his hand on her bare stomach. She didn't know how he could make her feel so helpless, yet worshipped at the same time; how he enslaved her with his touch, and set her free with every kiss, but as his calloused hand slid over her breast, Kagome didn't care. She moaned softly, the sound drowned out by Inuyasha's lips covering hers hungrily once more.

Inuyasha kissed Kagome deeply, his lips drawing unspoken promises from hers before moving on to her neck, and down to the defined lines of her collarbone, his fingers teasing her nipple mercilessly all the while before they were replaced with his tongue, the solid metal of his tongue piercing causing Kagome to arch away from the mattress, and Inuyasha smiled secretly against her breast, quite proud of himself and the way Kagome's fingernails caught on his shoulders. Yet it wasn't enough.

Kagome lifted her hips from the bed as she felt the tug of Inuyasha's hand at the waistband of her pants, and he quickly removed them, tossing them to the floor along with her panties. She felt his warm breath on her center, setting every nerve in her body to burn, and they blazed as he tasted her, rending a sharp cry from her throat. It was nearly painful, the way he touched her, and yet...

Sitting up slowly, Kagome ran her hand through Inuyasha's hair, distracting him, and he looked up at her questioningly as she pulled at his shoulders.

Once his lips met hers, Kagome reclined once more, pulling Inuyasha with her as his hair swept over her shoulders, and she shivered as she felt his length just inside her thigh, so close to where she needed him.

"Kagome?" he whispered, his lips brushing against hers.

Kagome shifted her hips, allowing Inuyasha's cock to rest against her folds, with only a thin layer of cotton between them, and he gasped harshly, realizing what it was she wanted even as the sensation coursed through him, heating every muscle in his body. His motions were languid as he removed his boxers. He felt drugged, his mind in a warm haze of anticipation as his eyes settled on Kagome's flushed face. As he positioned himself at her entrance, he ran a finger over her kiss swollen lips. There was so much he wanted to say, but not a single word came to mind.


Kagome smiled softly at him just before he kissed her, and inhaled shakily as she felt him slowly enter her. A sudden sensation of being split in half forced her to wince against Inuyasha's lips, and he went still, allowing her to adjust to him, kissing her gently in apology. After a moment, she returned his kiss, the pain receding and being replaced with a feeling of complete wholeness, and when Inuyasha thrust into her again, Kagome hips rose from the mattress, eager to have him deeper, to take everything he was willing to give her.

Growling hungrily, Inuyasha's hand slid down Kagome's side to grasp her hip possessively while the other braced his weight near her shoulder. Daring to open her eyes, Kagome looked up to see Inuyasha's intense gaze focused on her, nearly predatory as he stared down at her, the shadows cast by the curtain of his hair giving his eyes an ethereal glow, and when he dipped his head to nip at her neck, Kagome moaned.

The sound only seemed to goad the hanyou, and Kagome cried out as Inuyasha's tongue traveled down to tease her breast, his thrusts becoming deeper, more demanding, causing the burn that was building within her to escalate, threatening to burn her alive.

Inuyasha felt Kagome trembling beneath him as his tongue flicked over the hardened peak of her nipple, and his growl became a constant thing as he studied her face, her eyes nearly closed as she approached her release. His own was not far off.

Kissing her deeply, Inuyasha quickened their rhythm, his eyes falling closed at the feel of his cock so tightly sheathed within Kagome, and as his fevered brow rested against hers, he whispered one word.

"Mine."

"Y-yes," Kagome managed to reply just before the crushing wave of her orgasm ripped through her, and Inuyasha held her firmly as her cry filled the room, as her body went rigid against his own. Her inner walls tightened around him, and Inuyasha's growl was fierce as he emptied himself inside of her, his own orgasm nearly painful in its intensity.

It was several moments before Kagome remembered to breathe, and as her senses slowly began to function again, she smiled as she felt Inuyasha's weight on her, and heard his heavy panting against her neck. She felt shy suddenly, but circled her arms around his neck, wanting him close as he slipped out of her.

Rolling away, Inuyasha laid near Kagome's slide, pulling her close as he nuzzled her neck. "You okay?" he asked softly, sounding a little shy himself, which surprised her.

"Yeah," she replied.

He lifted his head to see her face, and tucked a damp strand of hair behind her ear. "Good... Kagome?"

The uncertain tone of his voice set alarm bells ringing in Kagome's mind as her brow furrowed. "Yeah?"

Inuyasha licked his lips nervously. "I... I know I haven't said it. And maybe after what we just did... maybe it's not the best time... but..."

"What is it, Inuyasha?"

"I... I love you. I mean, you know, right?"

Kagome smiled even as tears gathered in her eyes, relief flooding through her. "I love you, too."

Inuyasha let out a long breath. "Okay."

Kagome giggled. "What, were you worried?"

"Shut up, wench," he groused. "And I really shouldn't say this, either, but..."

Kagome groaned. "I know. Work."

Inuyasha winced. "It's already five."

"What?" Kagome whirled around to check her alarm clock, and indeed, it showed she only had an hour before she had to be downstairs. "I haven't even had a shower yet!"

Inuyasha sat up, a wry grin on his face. "Well, why don't we both go get ready, okay?"

After many hurried kisses, Inuyasha dressed and let himself out of Kagome's apartment, only to come to a complete stand still in the hall, his ears standing up in alert as his eyes roamed the narrow passage.

That can't be right, he told himself as he sniffed the air. I would have known. There's no way I wouldn't have noticed, even if...

Drawing the air deep into his lungs, Inuyasha's eyes widened with certainty, and he fumbled clumsily with the doorknob before managing to open it.

The myriad of scents that assaulted his sensitive nose was nearly enough to make Inuyasha sick, but he hadn't been wrong.

Kikyou was asleep on his couch.

She smelled of sickness. Of garbage, and alcohol, and a dozen other things he couldn't really place they were so tangled together, and she looked so horrible that he actually felt his heart constrict in his chest. Deep blue shadows rested under her eyes, and even in the large pair of sweats she wore, he could see she was emaciated. How long had she been there?

"Kikyou?" Inuyasha said, nearly stumbling to the couch, where he knelt on the floor.

Slowly, Kikyou's eyes opened, but it took her several moments before they focused on him. "Inuyasha?"

"Kikyou, what are you doing here?"

"I was... trying to find you. Where were you?"

"Where have you been?"

She shook her head, her eyes falling closed. "Everywhere."

"Look, I'm going to call Kaede, and--"

"No!" Kikyou snapped, seeming to come alive as she grabbed at his arm. "No. I just..." She sighed. "Just don't."

Inuyasha knew there was no way he would listen to her this time. She needed help, and he wasn't the one to give it to her anymore. He'd tried, and it had never gotten either of them anywhere. This had gone far past the point where he even felt he could help his former lover.

"Where were you?" Kikyou asked again.

Inuyasha wet his lips nervously. "...With Kagome."

As he expected, Inuyasha saw the familiar, cynical light fill Kikyou's eyes. "Really?"

"Don't start," he warned her, standing up as he tried to ignore the cruel tilt to Kikyou's lips. "I don't think you have any room to criticize anyone's judgment right now." Sighing heavily, he combed his fingers through his hair. "Look, go clean up. I'll go get you something to eat."

"You don't have food here?"

Honestly, Inuyasha didn't have much food; he'd been staying with Kagome so much that most of his groceries were across the hall. Even if he had, though, he needed an excuse to get away from Kikyou long enough to contact Kaede. "No, I haven't been shopping in awhile. It'll just take me a little while."

"Don't you have to work?"

Inuyasha shrugged, already approaching his door. "It'll be fine. I'll be back, alright?"

"Alright," Kikyou replied, eyeing him suspiciously as she stood.

Letting himself out, Inuyasha cursed quickly under his breath before entering Kagome's apartment again. Hearing her shower, he sighed. Her cell phone was on the kitchen table, and he knew she wouldn't hear it. He decided to wait until she was finished. Walking in on her only to tell her Kikyou was across the hall didn't seem like such a great idea.

Taking the stairs quickly, Inuyasha left the building and climbed into his car as he dialed Kaede's cell, only to get directed straight to her voice mail. "Fuck," he growled, throwing the cell into the passenger seat. Kaede was obviously at work, which meant he'd have to drive halfway across town to reach her. He no longer had the number of Kikyou's parents.

After several minutes, Inuyasha tried Kagome's cell, and received no answer. He only hoped Kagome wouldn't run into Kikyou before he could reach her.

Struck with a sudden idea, Inuyasha reached for his phone again, dialing Kagura's office. "Hey, Kagura?"

"I assume you're calling about the stench on the second floor?"

"Uh, yeah. Look, I'm on my way to find Kaede. Kikyou's in bad shape. When Kagome comes down, can you tell her what's up? She's not answering her cell, but I'm going to try her again in a little bit."

"Will do."

(*)(*)(*)

Shutting off the shower, Kagome opened the curtain to a wall of steam. Left with only half an hour to get ready, she knew she wouldn't be winning any beauty pageants tonight. That still didn't wipe the silly grin from her face.

Combing out her wet hair, Kagome quickly pulled it up into a ponytail before running to her room to dress in an old pair of jeans and a baby tee, slipping her sneakers on without untying them.

After feeding Kilala, Kagome ate a cup of yogurt while standing over the trashcan, and after she tossed the spoon into the sink, she let herself out and into Inuyasha's apartment. "Inuyasha, you ready?" she called.

The bathroom door opened, and just as Kagome was going to chastise Inuyasha for taking so long, her words lodged in her throat, her eyes widening as they fell upon Kikyou. She was dressed in a pair of Inuyasha's boxers and his AFI tee-shirt. Why...

"What?" Kagome questioned aloud, not realizing she'd spoken. "K-Kikyou?"

Kikyou smiled slightly as she ran her fingers through her damp hair. "Oh. Kagome."

"Where's... Inuyasha?"

Kikyou could nearly see the panic emanating from the girl; it was a palpable thing. "To get me something to eat. I was just cleaning up." She didn't lie at all, but the lilt she put to her words caused a crease of obvious worry to appear on Kagome's brow.

Cleaning up? Why would she need to...

Kagome's thoughts began to spin out of control. There's no way he would do that. Even if he would, he didn't have time to... But why is she here?

("You're just my replacement, you know, and if I ever decide to come back"...)

Inuyasha wouldn't do this. He told me...

He told me he loved me.

Why else would Kikyou be in Inuyasha's clothes, though? Using his shower? Why hadn't he told her she was in his apartment before he'd left? Was he trying to hide Kikyou from her?

Not wanting to doubt Inuyasha, Kagome said nothing as she left the living room, going to retrieve her cell phone from her table. She sighed with relief when she saw she'd missed a call from him, but after dialing his number, it only rang.

Telling herself not to worry, Kagome tried again, but still received no answer. Why wouldn't he answer her calls?

Kagome gasped with shock when she looked up to see Kikyou standing in her doorway, a smug smile on her face. Gathering her courage, Kagome glared at her. "I didn't say you could come in here."

Kikyou only chuckled before turning her back on the girl. "I told you not to get comfortable here," she sang, shutting the door behind her.

Tears of outrage sprang to Kagome's eyes as she stared at the door.

(*)(*)(*)

Inuyasha spent nearly twenty minutes being directed around the hospital before he found Kaede, and by that time, he was in a foul mood. "Kaede!" he called across the hall, where Kikyou's little sister was coming out of a patient's room.

The girl's eyes widened with surprise as she approached the hanyou. "What is it?" she asked.

"Kikyou's at my apartment, and you need to get over there."

"What?" Kaede asked, in shock.

"Are you deaf? She's sick; she looks starved to death. I found her on my couch."

Kaede nodded. "Okay. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"When's that going to be?"

"As soon as I find my supervisor. My parents can get me there."

"Good. I'll see you there."

Returning as quickly as possible to his car, Inuyasha growled when he noticed he'd missed two calls from Kagome. Hopefully, she's talked to Kagura by now, he thought as he pressed the call button. His brow furrowed when it rang only once before sending him to voice mail.

Navigating his way out of the monstrous parking lot, Inuyasha swore loudly as he was engulfed by the heavy evening traffic. Calling Kagome's phone again, his brow raised.

"The number you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable."

Kagome had turned her cell phone off.

(*)(*)(*)

Throwing her cell phone into her suitcase, along with the clothes she'd stuffed into it, Kagome hurriedly closed it, wiping tears from her face as she carried it into the living room.

Grabbing her messenger bag from where it hung on a kitchen chair, she went through the kitchen, finding a packet of tuna fish for Kilala, and double checking to make sure all her money was inside. "Kilala," she called, and watched as the fire neko scampered out from her bedroom. "You wanna take a trip?" she asked.

Tilting her head, Kilala looked up at her master. "Mew?"

Once Kilala was secure, Kagome left her apartment key on the kitchen table. She hated leaving most of her things, but she didn't want to chance Inuyasha catching her. She couldn't stand the pain of seeing him. He'd told her he loved her, and she believed him...

He just loved Kikyou more.