InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sengoku Manor ❯ Friend or Foe? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Look at all these lovely reviews! Thank you for the encouragement!

Lindsaymagical-See I updated! This chapter's dedicated to you for being persistant to make me update!

Kokuei-Bummer...I remember when that happened to me. A whole week without the computer! ::shudders at the memory::

animemistress419-Thanks for reviewing!

CrystallineX-Yeah see, I don't really like copying other peoples' ideas. If I do use the idea, I try to make it different.

darkscorpio28- Action's my middle name! ::sweatdrops::

MoonLightWolf-Same here. Please update your-I think it's called Another Day Devout? No pressure though.

A/N: I changed my penname again. ennovychan is now miikochan.

Disclaimer: Do I sing the Peptobismal (sp) song in the mall? Do dogs piss on cows? No!! Therefore I don't own Inuyasha! (well actually...singing the peptobismal song...)

.

.

.

Sengoku Manor

Chapter 3-Friend or Foe?(Such a scenario)

miikochan

.

.

.

'It's all over now...' Kagome thought miserably, 'But I musn't think that! There is always a way out of things, even fate...As Kaede said. But there is no bright side now...' She was dropped on the ground harshly. Gasping for air, she waited for her body parts to be severed.

"Is it done yet?" the centipede children asked anxiously licking their chops.

"You must wait longer for doubt and hopelessness to glaze it." the mother centipede responded waiting and watching Kagome.

'I wish...I don't wanna die...not now...' a tear slid down her cheek, softly plopping on the the stone floor.

As if granting her wish, the bow she had tried to reach earlier stood erect and an arrow glided shakily from a dead carcass to aid its partner. After sliding into the slot, the silver glowing arrow was released, at screaming speed, plunged itself into one of the centipede children.

"EYAA!!!" the child screamed, causing its siblings and mother to gaze in wonder at it. Kagome's head shot up to stare at it too. She noticed that the arrow was eating away at the child's skin, like an acid. A putrid rotten smell filled the air as the child melted into a puddle and ate away the floor beneath it.

"Tony!!" (I think that's a suitable name for a centipede ::snickers::) the mother centipede and her children cried.

The angry mother turned on Kagome. "You...did this is...did you not?"

Kagome was unsure what to say, fearful of what kind of injuries the pissed off 'big mama' would inflict upon her before delivering her to death. "...". She didn't know herself. Sure as hell her powers weren't strong enough to melt a youkai into a sorrowful puddle of acid. She wondered who could've done it. But it didn't matter now. One less youkai to be mauled by, she grimaced.

The centipede grabbed her mud-caked collar. "Answer me!!" Kagome was being dangled about seven feet off the ground.

Her throat felt crushed and bruised, it hurt when she answered, "I didn't..."

"It 'twas you, foolish miko. Only humans of your kind could have done damage such as this. And I-Keo!!!" A lightning flash of red and silver shot past and another child was violently slaughtered before her eyes. It disappeared in the dark. Her other children were trembling violently beside her, she shook the girl in her grasp rather violently. "You did it again!!"

A cocky voice rang through the room. "No, ya got that wrong, bitch of the centipedes. The wench didn't do it now or before. But I can give you a hint on who killed yer second kid. The strongest around this hellhole-me!"

Kagome blinked, someone came to rescue her after all! It couldn't have been Sango or Miroku. Or even little Shippou. Whoever it was, they were incredibly blockheaded and awfully full of themselves.

The centipede hissed. "Where are you, half-filth?!" the angry mother's youkai part protectively created a wall around her remaining children. Stumbling away from the hard shell of the centipede's coil, Kagome slinked to the nearest to her, but not unoticed.

"We are not finished yet miko!" the mother stretched her long body to slap the poor caught in-the-middle girl. She was knocked into a couple unstable old tombs. Luck was with her that the stone's covering the tomb didn't fall on top of her.

The cocky voice came again. "Have you forgotten me so soon, Mistress?"

"I shall deal with you after this girl hath perished!" the centipede snapped angrily as she turned to Kagome. "Forget about supper...I shall kill the miko who murdered many of our kin!"

Kagome squeezed her eyes shut.

She was about to strike the cornered miko when a pain shot up her humanoid parts from her lower body. But only...she couldn't feel her insect legs!

Kagome opened her eyes, the centipede youkai's tallow hand was only a mere inch away from her face. She peered up at the centipede's face to see that it was facing its insect parts. All hundred parts of them. Kagome quickly remembered her postion, ducked and rolled to a safer part so she was out of range. Shattered splinters of the remaining children and the centipede's legs. Fluids pooled around the area creating a red shallow lake and having the waterfall effect over the large hole in the floor. And at the center of the bleeding lake was none other than the silver haired youkai who followed her through the maze. He didn't look that different from a boy around her age. Was he the one who shot the arrow?

"My...my...beautiful body...it's...gone..." the centipede's only living part rumbled with rage. "YOU SHALL DIE, HANYOU!!" the half living part of the centipede started splashing around in the shallow blood lake with its remaining arms towards the silver haired creature.

'Oh my God... I've seen too much death as it is! Poor dog youkai never had a chance! I have to escape right now!' she mentally cursed her curiousty and love to help needy people. It was after all those two things that got her in this prediciment in the first place.

"Feh!" This caught Kagome's attention, as the silver haired youkai swiftly slashed through the tallow flesh of the centipede youkai. He tutted, wiping his bloody hands off on a red clad pant leg, "Pathetic, to say the very least."

Kagome stared at the youkai before muttering a small, "Ego-maniac." His ears flicked in her direction. "Kikyou...you disappoint me! Getting battered around by a filthy youkai such as that! How shameful you are to your reputation."

She was unsure what to say. "You...saved me..."

The youkai rolled his eyes before approaching her steadily. "I didn't save you to save your life." He cracked his knuckles. "I saved you to kill you."

Kagome backed up in between the two tombstones, though he didn't look any different than a boy, she was very well idealized that he could kill her. "You mean you're really going to kill me?"

The boy cracked his other knuckle. "Does it look like I'm joking?"

Inching further into the space until her back touched the stone, Kagome had an idea. Maybe she could distract him from killing her. She suddenly blurted. "I think I told you before, I am not Kikyou! Have you not suspected that it's been more than a century that she died? Us humans, including mikos, can't live as long as you can." she gritted through her teeth angrily.

"It's been more than fifty years? She's dead?" the boy thought slowly, coming to a halt.

"Yes...Since I'm not her, don't kill me." Kagome said, quietly sliding away from the pondering boy. Couldn't he tell time? Maybe not because there wasn't any windows for the sun's light to shine in.

"Baka! How many youkai have you killed? We are enemies, you and I! Mikos and youkai aren't meant to ally the other side!" the youkai growled clenching his fists.

"You're not a youkai." Kagome repeated what she heard from the centipede mother earlier.

"Keep your damn piehole shut! Or I'll rip it off!" he threatened slashing through the air with his claws.

"You're a hanyou. That means you're half human. You must have some pity for a fellow human, though I am a miko." Kagome said calmly, it was hard to keep her temper in check while arguing 'civily' with the hanyou. "Besides," she added, "I haven't killed anyone since I arrived here." Save for her friends killing a human soldier.

"It doesn't matter," he said arching his knees into a battle stance. "I'm bringing you down, no matter how innocent you are!!" The silver haired hanyou leapt at her, swiping at her as she clumsily stumbled and missed most of his attacks. His claws ripped one of her ragged yukata's sleeves only leaving five small cuts in her forearm. Thank God she was so clumsy or she would've lost an unreplacible body part.

Rolling onto her knees, Kagome zigzagged through the bloody puddle to escape the room. Maybe if she ran back in the mase she could find the trapdoor she fell through.

Right on her heels and about to strike, the hanyou boy called, "You're not getting away bitch!!"

Looking back, the miko tripped and skidded through the slippery puddle, slidding into the remains of the centipede and her children.

The hanyou grabbed her by the throat, lifting her from the ground. "Not getting away now, are you?"

.

.

.

Meanwhile...

"Houshi-sama! Have you found the switch yet?" Sango asked Miroku. He shook his head. "It appears you haven't it either. Shippou? Have you found it yet?"

"No..." Shippou answered rubbing his forehead.

The monk tugged on another spike. "Do you remember anything that could've triggered the trapdoor? Think. When we first got here..."

Sango tapped her chin and made her way to the dead soldier. "...We killed this guy..." She pulled the deadweight off the spike and tossed it aside. "Ah ha!"

The trapdoor slided open. "Yay, Sango! Let's go find her now!"

.

.

.

"Let-go-of-me" The miko rasped between struggling breathes. Her body, neck down hung limply. Inuyasha smirked with a mad glint in his eyes. "What do you prefer? The slow or fast way?"

She glared at him with all she could muster. Bringing her knee back with what strength in her lower body had left, she crashed it into where any kind of male of every species hates to be kneed.

Stumbling backwards, Inuyasha still kept a strong, but weakening hold on her throat. "You...dirty little bitch!!"

They were headed towards the hole in the floor. His grip loosened enough for Kagome to open her eyes and scream, "Watch out!!"

"Huh?" Before he knew it, Inuyasha and the miko were falling.

.

.

.

.

TBC...

That's all for now. Gomen ne for delaying the update. My mom has been busy on this computer because hers doesn't work right now. Anyways thanks for being patient. I'm going to update Miyajima and Project: Perfection soon, so hang on.

BoD(Bit of the Day): I've decided to make a little note after every chapter on Japanese language. I find it much easier if the author includes some Japanese dialouge in the fic.

Nanda-yo-"What do you want?" A guy would say this.

Nani-yo-"What do you want?" A girl would say this.

End BoD!

.

.

Please review! I need reviews to continue!