InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sengoku Shorts ❯ Small Differences ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

For: Evilillusions
Fandom: Inuyasha
Characters: Jaken, Rin
Theme: Difference
Words: 191
 
Small Differences
 
One day while waiting for Sesshomaru to return from one of his excursions, Rin turned to Jaken, whose arms were crossed in impatience.
 
“Master Jaken, you remind Rin of one of her brothers before he died.”
 
“What?” Jaken raised his beaklike snout in the air, insulted. “How can I, a fearsome and powerful demon, bear any resemblance to a lowly human?”
 
“Well,” Rin poked her fingers in the dirt. “Because my brother was always scolding me and saying I caused a lot of trouble… But he always looked out for me and protected me, just like you….” Rin smiled and added, “Also, he was short.”
 
“Ridiculous!” Jaken squawked. “I am not short! And if your brother and I both said you cause trouble, it's not because we're alike—it's because you do!”
 
Rin didn't seem to be paying any attention to him. “And you also remind Rin of her brother…” she murmured, playing with a flower poking through the grass, “Because Rin looked up to him very much.”
 
Jaken got very quiet then. `What a foolish, sentimental human,' he thought. But a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth anyway.