InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sengoku Shorts ❯ Nature of Love ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

For: Nelson_bannaba
Fandom: Inuyasha
Pairing: Sessmom+Jaken
Theme: Nature of love
Words: 307
 
Nature of Love
 
Jaken bowed down over and over again to the gracious dog demon standing before him. He had been proven wrong about Sesshomaru's mother's seeming indifference, and now he owed her his happiness for saving Rin's life.
 
Suddenly a beautiful, yet haughty, voice told him to stop prostrating himself. “Little youkai,” Sesshomaru's mother continued.
 
Jaken looked up at the dog demon who towered over him. “Honorable Mother, my name is Jaken—”
 
“Little youkai,” she repeated nonetheless. “What is your opinion of that little human girl?”
 
“Rin?” Jaken stuttered, glancing back at the girl who was skipping down the steps behind Lord Sesshomaru. “Well, she can be very noisy… and stubborn, and difficult…” Jaken paused to think. “And I always have to look after her and keep her out of trouble.” He began to knit his brow. “She's a never-ending headache, and yet somehow Lord Sesshomaru still favors her greatly over me, his loyal servant—”
 
“So,” Sesshomaru's mother interrupted, “If this girl bothers you that much, then why did you shed tears for her?”
 
Jaken's voice caught in his throat. He coughed, thinking of Rin's dead figure, and fresh tears came to his eyes. He began to mumble toward his feet…
 
“What?” Sesshomaru's mother commanded. “Speak up, little youkai.”
 
“I guess I cried because,” Jaken turned his face to his lord's mother, “That's just the mysterious nature of love.”
 
A coy smile crept to the lady's face, and she nodded, glancing at her son as he made his way down the steps below him. He, too, was a difficult child who never ceased to be a source of frustration and trouble. “I understand, little youkai. You may be on your way.”
 
With one final bow, Jaken left Sesshomaru's mother, and she watched him as he made his way down the stairs with a gleam in her eyes.