InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Separation ❯ Reunite ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha related things.
 
 
 
CHAPTER 1: Reunite
 
14 years later the small blue house was still lived in by the nice old Keade, but down a couple of blacks was the Sunset Shrine. Inside the residents slept quite peacefully. Down stairs in a room quite messy slept a 10-year old boy with equally messy hair. In the room across the hall from his slept an old man snoring loudly drooling slightly on a mat instead of a bed like the rest of much more modern family. Upstairs in the master bedroom a lovely lady with short black hair slept much more quietly than her father and down the hall from her room was the room in which young 17-year old Kagome slept.
Her hair had grown quite a bit from when she was three and now reached her mid-back but you could not tell because it was swept across her pillow very neatly. Just visible around her neck was a rosary with rounded blue beads and white ones shaped like comas.
Her sleep was soon disturbed by the alarm clock beside her bed going off. She reached over turned it off the sat up to stretch her weary limbs. The first day of her last year as a high school student. She opened her deep blue eyes in realization, I'm a senior.
She got up and went to get dressed. This year was finally her last. She could hardly contain it. Her choice for the first day was a jean skirt that went half thigh and tight purple top with straps that went around her neck. It was still hot and the cold front had not moved in yet so she slipped into her purple sandals.
She ran to the bathroom and purposely dragged her brush through her hair making sure she got every tangle as her brother complained. She finished by putting on some lip satin that made her lips shine but made them beautifully soft tat the same time.
When she finally stepped out she laughed at her brother as he pushed past her and rushed to the toilet.
In the kitchen she tossed a bisket from the tray caught it and left shouting a quick good-bye to her brother and her mom her grandpa still being asleep.
She munched happily on her breakfast as she walked to school. She hadn't walked far when a beat up old corvette pulled up beside her and the window rolled down.
The man inside had black hair pulled back in a small ponytail and had on black glasses and a deep purple button up shirt. He lowered the glasses a fraction as he said, “Hey good lookin', need a ride?”
Kagome smiled at her friend as a fist came out of nowhere and bonked him on the head.
“Idiot.” She heard some one mumble.
Kagome walked to the door opened it as the boy moved his seat up so she could squeeze in.
“Hey Miroku when you gonna trade this hunk-a-junk for a real car eh?” she said. The girl in the passenger seat nodded her brown hair bouncing. TO complete Miroku's outfit he had on black pants and shoes. Sango wore a pink t-shirt that said in big letters, `I don't need a MAN to make ME happy' and a pair of jeans that Sango always told her made her butt look really good.
“Kagome!” he cried out indignantly, “this is NOT a hunk-a-junk. It is a classic.” He told her.
“Sure.” Sango said rolling her eyes while Kagome laughed. “Hey Kags,” Sango turned to her best friend, “Why are you still wearing that old necklace. It's been what 15 years. He's not coming back.”
“14.” Kagome defended quietly looking down at the necklace her boyfriend gave her. After all these years Kagome still thought of him as her boyfriend and refused to get with another guy simply because she felt as though she would be cheating on him.
She's too nice and sweet. Sango thought as she watched her friend her face growing soft. Then it grew hard again, He doesn't deserve her.
Miroku's thoughts were on a different subject entirely you could tell because at that moment he decided to tell the girls exactly why his '86 corvette was a classic and not a hunk-a-junk.
The two let him have his way talking about it all the way to school. Sango thinking of ways she could kill the guy that was making Kagome wait for her and Kagome was thinking about the boy who she was waiting for.
They managed to get to the school and out of Miroku's car a while before the bell. So they walked up to the office and got to bug the administrators saying hey never got their schedule and making her print more off when in fact they had theirs in their bags the entire time and only `found' them when she was just about to hand over the papers. They left and erupted into laughter as soon as they had rounded a corner and couldn't be seen by the lady.
That was when she saw him walk in.
His silver hair still going down his back pulled back in a black shirt with red skull and crossbones and some jeans. He looked at nothing in particular with those molten gold eyes of his. His shirt was pulled taught across his chest showing muscles like she had never seen before.
But then she came. The slut with black hair that she let grow to the floor pulled back like Inuyasha's with eyes like amber a red tube top and a short black skirt and some hooker heels.
(At this point I feel the need to step in. I am you dedicated author and right now I have to give a good warning. Any Kikyo lovers must turn back now and leave this story alone. While Kikyo haters please sit back and enjoy the rest. Sorry to disturb you lets continue.)
She walked strait up to him wrapped her arms around his waist then reached up and kissed him full on the lips. And he kissed her right back.
“Welcome back baby.” She said. “Hey baby.” He responded, “It's good to be home. I've been telling my dad forever that it was time we moved back here so I could date you properly and not over cam-chats.”
He kept his hand on her waist, as he walked past the trio no longer laughing.
“Kags.” Sango said gently knowing who that was because Kagome was a skilled sketch artist and drew a picture of what he looked like for them.
Kagome was like a deer caught in a pair of headlights, staring at the spot where her love had once stood. Then just like that she fell to the floor crying.
“Kagome.” Miroku said just as gently and moving in to comfort her with Sango.
Kagome cried there until the bell rang signaling the people to start going to classes. Then she picked herself up off the floor and allowed Sango to steer her to her first period.
Trigonometry.
* * * * *
“Kags you sure you can go by yourself now?” Sango asked protectively.
“Yeah I'll be fine. You two better go before your late for class.” She told her friends and she didn't go inside until they left.
Only when they turned the corner did she walk into trig.
The classes here were designed so that you always have to sit two to a seat. And every year you got a partner that you had to share you entire year with. Of course the second she walked into the room everyone had already found their partner and were sitting down and there was only one seat left.
Kagome was forced to sit next to (do I even need to tell you. Its so easy I had to do it you see.) Inuyasha.
She nearly burst into tears again as she made for the seat. She looked at his schedule without much hope and sure enough all his classes matched hers.
“Hi.” She greeted him. “What?” he said rudely looking at her. “I was saying hi.” She said. “Oh,” he said no less sourly, “whatever. Inuyasha now leave me alone.” He snarled looking the other way again
“Kagome.” She said. “Huh?” he repeated. “My names Kagome.” She told him. “So.” Was all he said and it was all he needed to say. As he turned back around Kagome felt her heart braking. He hadn't remembered her. Her own boyfriend had forgotten who she was.
Kagome hardly paid attention as the teacher did what all teachers did on the first day of school; explain his rules in thorough details.
Every class after that was pure torture for her. Inuyasha, the guy she had been waiting for her whole life had forgotten her. She didn't hitch a ride with Miroku like usual but ran home crying thinking how Inuyasha had not said another word to her or that in chemistry he had Kikyo so that was uncomfortable for her.
No one was home when she ran inside so she took off upstairs and through herself down on her pillow crying bitterly.
He forgot her.