InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Separation ❯ Stage One ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha related things.
 
Well all you people get to get another ch because smone was nice enough to leave a review. So all yall start thanking ashpeal24 and Rays my first reviews and the ones responsible for this ch being up. Thanks ashpeal24 and Rays.
 
CHAPTER 4: Stage One
 
“For the last time, nothing happened!” the two said at the same time to Miroku and Sango. They had all woken up to find Kagome on top of him. “Sure. Nothing happened, right.” Miroku said knowledgably.
The four friends were at the mall right now eating pizza while Kagome and Inuyasha tried fruitlessly to tell them nothing happened. Inuyasha growled in frustration at his friend's pig-headedness.
Sango was not happy. He was going to break Kagome's heart again. Then she was going to have to pick up the pieces.
Inuyasha got up and grabbed everyone's empty trays to throw them not very happy. “So Kags,” Miroku attacked, “Was he warm and,” he was stopped by a fist coming from behind him and knocking him upside the head. “Shut up Miro. This is probably a very uncomfortable position for her.” Sango defended. “Oh I don't know,” Miroku said slickly, “from where I was looking she looked pretty comfortable.” Sango smacked him again.
Inuyasha came back then and seated himself down. By the silence that greeted him he could tell they were talking about what happened when they woke up.
Miroku smiled at him earning himself another smack. “Well I have to be going my mom has to go to work soon and I have to baby-sit Hokaku. Later.” Sango said walking off. “So,” Miroku prepared to attack again then saw the ultimate distraction, “Wow, a 10 on the hotness scale.” He said taking off after a girl.
“It was just the movie.” Kagome said as soon as they were alone. “Huh?” Inuyasha asked her. “It was the movie. That's why I clang to you last night. I'm terrified of clowns.” She explained.
“Oh. Oh yeah I...I know.” He said. They sat in an awkward silence for a second before getting up at the same time. “You know I should probably head home.” Inuyasha said at the same time Kagome stated, “My mom might be looking for me.''
They laughed uncomfortably then Kagome said, “Well uh, thanks for coming to the party and uh the bracelet is nice, so I'll just be going.” “Oh yeah, no problem.” Inuyasha said walking off in the opposite direction as her.
They came back together “Yeah my cars over there.” Inuyasha said, “Uh my house is this way.” Kagome told him. They laughed awkwardly said bye and separated.
* * * * *
Monday in class Inuyasha and Kagome greeted each other normally. The teacher said to them. “Okay I know all of you were out partying this weekend.” The teacher told them his head on the desk, “So I don't care what you do just keep quiet I have a headache.” He told them then placed his head in the cradle created by his arms and fell silent.
“So how was the rest of your Sunday?” Kagome asked not looking at him, “Oh fine, fine.” He told her.
“Uh how's K…Ki…Kikyo.” Kagome asked not being able to say the name very well.
“Good.” Inuyasha answered curtly. They sat in silence for a second each looking the opposite way before Inuyasha finally turned to her, “Okay Sunday morning meant nothing. It was just the way we ended up while we fell asleep.” Kagome looked at him not able to keep a blush from her face. “Yeah. Lets not tell your girlfriend though she might get mad. Okay Yash.” She said. Inuyasha nodded and savored the happiness at being called Yash not Inu. Demon not dog.
Kagome however didn't know what hurt worse, knowing that Sunday morning would never really happen or that it meant nothing to him
They passed the rest of trig by playing tic-tac-toe. Kagome dominated the game at which Inuyasha was not too happy with.
Chemistry was a different story.
When the two entered talking happily Kikyo was not in yet so they sat down. Naraku looked at Kagome like he was undressing her with his eyes.
They didn't notice on the account that Kikyo chose that moment to walk in.
She was dressed in all red, Inuyasha's favorite color. Her top, if you could call it that, (Now I must step in again. I, your dedicated author, must warn you. I am about to slander Kikyo's name so bad. Any Kikyo lovers that decided to chance the story despite my former warning must turn back now. Kikyo will not learn the error of her ways and her end wont be a good one so please any Kikyo lovers still reading this turn back now.) was more of a string bikini strait form the heart of Victoria's Secret. She had on a lace slip as a skirt and the thing covering her `top' was a see through wrap. She had high heels that wrapped up her leg and heavy make up that would make a hooker think it was too much.
She came over and sat next to Naraku, closer to Inuyasha, not bothering to hide anything. She licked her lips sexily. Inuyasha felt his breathing increase and suddenly all thoughts of Kagome were driven out of his mind.
“Up to missing class sugar?” she asked him enticingly. Inuyasha nodded grabbed her hand and left before the teacher came. “I'll just take your notes and give them to you later then.” Kagome said after him more to herself than anything.
Naraku got his stuff and moved over to the seat Kikyo had just vacated and found himself staring at her.
Kagome's face started to turn red and she looked away thinking, Man that guy creeps me out.
Inuyasha didn't turn up during third period Spanish and Sango kept looking at his empty seat while Miroku was checking out her backside. Kagome dutifully took notes for both classes for him and held onto them.
He never showed up during Lunch either and Kagome found herself walking to 5th period history alone. He was there when she walked in his lips covered in Kikyo's lipstick and a few hickeys on his neck.
Kagome sat next to him but he was off in space and didn't notice. “Here.” She said quietly handing him the notes he missed. He took them wordlessly and Kagome nearly bust into tears.
The teacher came in and started the notes as Kagome took both sets again. Despite her best efforts tears started a silent trek down her face. Inuyasha was pulled out of his thoughts by the salty smell of her tears.
“Kags, what's wrong?” he asked her quietly grateful that their seats were in the back so the teacher couldn't hear them. She just shook her head. “Hey,” he said forcing her to look at him, “if some sorry basterd made you sad, tell me so I can go kick his ass.”
Kagome nearly laughed at the thought of Inuyasha kicking his own ass, but found even that wasn't funny enough to make her happy again.”
Inuyasha lifted her face to his and got that feeling of Déjà vu he got when Kagome's eyes were about to brim over with tears and he looked directly at them.
Then he noticed something he hadn't before, “Kagome your eyes are blue.” He said. That, Kagome could laugh at. She nodded.
“Wow.” He said grabbing her face and looking into her eyes again. he almost saw something there. A memory? He looked closer and he could almost see the two blurry outlines.
“Inuyasha! Kagome!” the teacher yelled yanking him out of the spell. “Please you two can make out after school but at least look like your paying attention right now!” the class laughed at them their faces turning an equal shade of red.
“Nothing happened.” The two defended instantly, thinking soon he whole school might think they were going out.
“Well let's keep `nothing' from happening ever again okay you two.” The teacher said turning back to the bored.
Kagome returned to the notes while Inuyasha wondered the probability that people seemed to always catch them when they didn't want to be caught.
Not like anything was going to happen. He told himself.
But he looked sideways at Kagome and wondered if they hadn't been interrupted, if it would have gone anywhere.
English was uneventful and the two didn't even look at each other. Health was interesting and Inuyasha was grossed out by the way he found out his digestive system worked. Kagome's notes explained it in a way that didn't make him want to throw up.
Kagome came home and began on her homework, finished, and fell asleep without eating. She wasn't very hungry.
* * * * *
Inuyasha met Kikyo in his car and he drove home with her. He was very happy at the new look she was sporting.
 
 
 
* * * * **
 
 
Well ch four is up my longest yet enjoy and remember my rule. One review or no new chapy. thx