InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Separation ❯ Stage One's Glitch ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha related things.
 
Thanks you guys. Ya'lls reviews made me so happy. So enjoy.
 
CHAPTER 5: Stage One's Glitch
 
Tuesday dawned bright and early, and with it the first cold of the year. The breeze was cold and the rain that fell was close to ice. Kagome got a ride from Miroku and Sango all bundled up. At school Inuyasha had ditched his usual tight attire for something more warm and leaving a little more to the imagination. Kikyo however was still in the most revealing outfit ever invented.
Trig was awful. Kagome had spent almost all night up trying to build a brick wall around her heart so when she saw Inuyasha and Kikyo together today she could stand it. But just looking at Inuyasha made the ground the wall stood on start shaking as she thought about his lips on hers.
Her next thought was something along the lines of why he was attracted to her and how could he stand to look at her. Kagome didn't even look at him as she handed him his notes and left to go to her next class.
Around the corner Sango and Miroku watched the transaction. I'm gonna kill him. If he hurts her again, I'm gonna kill him. Miroku was whining because there was so many girls he could be hitting on right now.
Chem. was even more torture than trig was. Kikyo and Inuyasha had moved their desks together a little and Inuyasha had found his new favorite armrest. Kikyo's knee.
Naraku was staring at Kagome the whole time and she felt very self-conscious. Her mood lasted through till health when they were labeling the skeletal system and Inuyasha was asking her questions and she just didn't have the voice to answer him.
“Kagome what's wrong?” he asked her. Kagome just shook her head. “Is it that guy that made you upset yesterday?” This was true so Kagome couldn't shake her head but she didn't nod either. Inuyasha still took it as a yes.
“Kags just tell me who it is so I can kick their ass and tell them to stop making you so down.” He told her lifting her face so he could see it.
“You would do that for me?” she asked him. “Kick someone's ass just because I was sad.” Inuyasha didn't even need to think about the answer. “Yeah girl of course I would.”
Kagome felt a small bubble of hope inside her chest. If he would protect her from someone trying to make her sad maybe he did have feeling for her. “Yash,” She tried to find the words.
He has to know. I have to tell him. She thought.
But she was cut off by a pair of warm arms circling her. “Kags, don't worry. I will always be here for you.” Kagome was silent. The man she had been waiting for her whole life was sitting here hugging her close.
Inuyasha knew he should be thinking about his girlfriend but whenever he was with Kagome it was like Kikyo didn't even matter. That all he needed was her.
The pair was oblivious to two pairs of eyes watching through the glass of the door. One pair of eyes walked off. The second looked after them, looked at the couple and finally followed.
Inuyasha felt so natural to be holding Kagome that the teacher was able to sneak up on them and hit the desk with a stack of papers. The two jumped apart. “Really you two.” She said, “Can you please at least try to have some control.”
The class started laughing at the two tomatoes sitting at the desk. Then someone had to stand up and yell, “Yeah they almost kissed during 5th period yesterday too!” the class `oooh'ed. “Hey Inu ain't you going out with Kikyo?” someone else yelled.
“Of course I am! And stop calling me Inu!” he yelled back. “Oh I don't blame him!” yet another started, “That Kikyo is such a slut even Miroku isn't looking. No wonder he would go seeking the company of some one better.” The class started muttering their agreements.
Inuyasha was trying so hard to stop them thinking that he barely noticed Kagome. But then he looked down and saw her trying to make herself as small as possible.
Then he sat down next to her and fell silent.
It was quite a job to get the class to quite again. But Inuyasha knew it was too late. The rumors were going to start pretty soon.
Inuyasha left school and offered quietly to drive Kagome home because of the cold. She accepted with a smile, glad their friendship wasn't ruined.
While this happened Kikyo and Naraku were in the Janitors closet. “THAT BITCH!” she yelled throwing her purse to the floor. Naraku watched calmly. “Who does she think she is? Did you see her all up on my boyfriend.” She growled pathetically.
“Calm yourself Kikyo.” Naraku told her from the seat he sat on. “How? Our plan isn't working. She's going to take him from me. We're not going to get the money.” She said quickly. “Then we make some adjustments to our plan.” Kikyo stopped pacing and looked at him.
“All we have to do is switch the first part of the plan and the second part. We change their schedules first then make him forget her.” He said coolly. Kikyo thought about it and said, “How did I get such a smart man?” He stood up and towered over her. “Just lucky, I guess.” He told her before dominating her mouth.
Kagome and Inuyasha arrived at her house. “Well this is my stop.” She told him. “Those rumors tomorrow are going to be ruthless you know.” He said.
“I know.” Kagome said quietly. “But all we can do is wait for them to calm down or give them something else to talk about.” Inuyasha nodded. “Wish there was something more though. I hate to see you hurt by these rumors.” He said then realized he would hate it if that happened but didn't care that half the school was going to think they were going out. For some strange reason, he actually liked the thought of it.
Kagome was touched by his care. “Thank you.” She said leaning over to kiss his cheek like she did at her birthday. “But I'll be fine. See ya Inuyasha.” She said getting out of his car and going up the steps to her shrine.
Inuyasha watched her retreating back. Then, when he couldn't see her any more, he started his car and drove away.
He had to think.
He was going out with Kikyo. I can't just dump her. Especially for no reason. And It's against a dog demons nature to cheat on his girl.
He thought about it all the way home. But he couldn't just dump Kikyo for no reason. He was so lost.
* * * * * ** *
The next day at school Inuyasha and Kagome were having a lot of fun and Naraku and Kikyo weren't in chem. today so even that was enjoyable. Especially when Inuyasha spilt water all down his front and put on a big show for the class saying it was acid and he was dying. Even the teacher started to laugh.
Inuyasha was wrong. The rumors were only mild but not anything they couldn't handle.
Some one got jealous in history because he saw Kagome copy Inuyasha's notes and give them to him. He complained all period about how he wished someone would do that for him. After school Inuyasha drove Kagome home again.
But up in the office, Kikyo and Naraku were trying to get the lady in charge of partners and schedules to change hers and Kagome's. The lady refused. Kikyo came up with a jumped up reason like, “But me and Naraku don't work very well together. I would probably work better with Inuyasha.
But the administrator she was talking to everyone called the coolest teacher in school. She kept up with all the gossip and relationships and sometimes was the first to know and pass on the gossip. She was also a huge supporter of women's rights and thought that the way Kikyo was dressing gave all other girls a bad name.
“No Kikyo. The whole point of the partners is to learn to work with people you may not like. Besides I don't think flirting with you boyfriend really counts as working harder. And,” she continued, “Inuyasha wasn't very good at his class work before he was paired with Kagome and now he's passing with all A's. So no I am certainly not going to change it. Good bye.” She said.
Kikyo marched out of the office seething. “Don't worry Kikyo.” Naraku told her. “I have an idea.” Together they walked off.
Sango was more than just a little peeved. “This is the second time she's gone home with him.” She told Miroku. “I swear if he hurts her…” she growled. “Sango dearest calm down.” Miroku told her. “Kagome will be fine.”
She was not convinced.
 
* * ** * * *
 
 
That's it. The end of this ch. I hope u enjoyed. And I'll start working on my next ch soon. Thx.