InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Separation ❯ Halloween Replacement ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha related things.
 
IMPORTANT: hey guys I liked ur reviews so much I'm taking off the rule. I don't care if I get any reviews at all I'll still update. Enjoy.
 
CHAPTER 6: Halloween Replacement
 
Every year the school holds a Halloween party. The kids who find themselves to old to go trick-or-treating find themselves at the party. Its fun and the coolest teacher in school lets you get away with almost anything. Even spiking the punch. “It's a holiday! Enjoy yourselves!” she would claim.
For Naraku, this was the day he got rid of the coolest teacher. In the past month he had one of his men working for Mrs. Shakara, the coolest teacher. And the night he got rid of her was the night everything would happen.
The morning of Halloween was bright and clear if not a little nippy.
Kagome and Sango walked to school together. Sango grumbling about how Kagome shouldn't even grace Inuyasha by looking at him. Kagome listened to her friend's complaints quietly, smiling serenely.
Her rant lasted all the way to school. Inuyasha was leaning against his car waiting for her. “Kagome.” Sango stopped her friend before the demon could sense her. (Oh and if any of you are wondering. In my little fanfic world there is no such thing as a half demon. I look at it as if a human and a demon have kids the chance that the baby will be a demon is like the chance of it being a boy or girl. 50/50. So yeah Inuyasha is a full demon. Sorry to waste your time).
Kagome looked at her knowing she was serious. “You know I don't like Inuyasha. And I know you probably don't like me for trying top get you two apart so bad but, Kags. I don't want to see you get hurt.” Kagome stared at her friend's sudden seriousness. Then she finally gathered her breath to say, “Sango, I know your only looking out for me, but I'll be okay. Don't worry. I'm made of some strong stuff.”
Kagome smiled at her and walked to Inuyasha.
Sango watched as he lifted his head and greeted her. They exchanged some words before they started to the building together.
“Kagome you can be made of iron, but it'll do you no good if your heart is broken.” Sango said quietly.
* * * * * * *
“Come on tell me.” Inuyasha begged Kagome during lunch. Kagome shook her head chewing her food. “Just tell me please.” He said clasping his hands together. Kagome shook her head again taking another bite.
“Give it up Inuyasha.” Miroku told him, “Kags never tells what she'll be for Halloween. You have to wait for the party tonight like everyone else.” He took a bite of an apple.
“Why not.” Inuyasha continued. “No.” Kagome said simply before returning to her sandwich. Inuyasha put his head on his fist looking at her like he was trying to get the truth form her mind.
Kagome kept smiling. “Hey Inu,” Miroku said cutting the silence, “Don't call me that.” Inuyasha responded automatically. Miroku paid him no mind and continued with his question. “Why don't you ever sit with your girlfriend at lunch.”
The nice atmosphere was totally crushed by this question. Kagome stopped eating and put down her sandwich. Sango's eyes, that a minute ago were happy and peaceful, got sharp and glaring. Inuyasha lifted his head of his hand and thought about his girlfriend.
“Well,” Inuyasha said into the uncomfortable silence his best friend had just made. “Kikyo she never, uh, eats lunch. I never see her in here. And I, um, like eating with you guys.” Miroku nodded noticing the bad mood he had created.
The silence stretched on into what seemed like and eternity.
Just when the silence reached the point where it was unbearable, Mrs. Shakara showed up and said happily, “Hi!”
“You guys coming to the party tonight?” she asked not knowing the uneasiness she had just broken up. Everyone mumbled their agreement. “Great.” She turned to Kagome, “Hey Kags, can't wait to see your costume this year. You don't know her Inu,”
“Don't call me that.” He said deducting cool points from her for getting his name wrong. She, like Miroku, ignored him and said, “Kags gets an awesome costume each year. She makes the scariest night into a beauty pageant.”
“And this explains how she gets crowned Miss Scream each year, why?” Sango asked.
Mrs. Shakara thought for a moment and said, “Hmmm. That is a good question.” She brought her hand up to her chin still thinking. “Well, I don't know.” She finally answered.
“Better than Kikyo.” She finally told them. They nodded their agreement again, except Inuyasha. “Sorry Inu.” She apologized. “Don't call me that.” He said again deducting more cool points. Again more ignoring, “But I've only seen Kikyo as slutty as she dresses now on Halloween usually. To think about how she'll dress this year actually scares me. She might show up with a painted on thong and some Nipple covers.”
(Okay I don't know the proper name for them but you know what I mean right)
The three friends nodded but Inuyasha, did nothing.
“Well I have stuff to do. See you guys later.” She said walking off.
“Hey who's that?” Kagome asked pointing to a man in the doorway of the cafeteria waiting for Mrs. Shakara. Her friends looked too.
He had on a very proper white-collar shirt and black tie, with black pants shoes and slicked down hair. All black. His horned rim glasses, while they looked ridicules, were something that no one would laugh at.
“Oh him.” Miroku said picking his apple back up. “Word is going around that he's Mrs. Shakara's assistant.” He said. Miroku was gossip central. Nothing happened in this school he didn't know about. “He's also the principle's assistant.” They all looked as Mrs. Shakara walked up to him. They talked for a second. Mrs. Shakara shook her head scowling before turning around and leaving.
He looked around for a second before going after her. “What's her name?” Sango asked him.
Miroku answered, “Mr. Gudachi.” (I know I know in Japan they say -san or -dono or something like that. I don't know any of those things well enough to correctly place them. So u have to live with Mr. And Mrs. Sorry)
They thought about him for a second before Inuyasha said, “Can't see a cool teacher like her having an assistant like him. He's plain creepy.” The group giggled at him.
As the friends laughed at Inuyasha, Kikyo was talking to Naraku in the, of course, the janitors closet.
“Mr. Gudachi?” she asked him. Naraku nodded. “My family is a big influence on the Board of Directors for this school. In case they want to change anything. I asked to have Mr. Gudachi to come work here. They say no reason not to let him be both Shakara's and the principle's assistant.”
“Yeah uh-huh.” Kikyo said her eyebrow raised, “And how does this fit in with getting me and Kagome's classes switched?”
Naraku started to chuckle as he leaned up against the wall. “Shakara and Diety (the principle) are coming to the Halloween party together tonight. They might find that the breaks on their car might go on the fritz and oh I don't know, not work.” He smiled.
Kikyo did so back, “How tragic.” She played along, “But with Diety and Shakara gone who could possibly take their places?” she joked getting up and coming over to him to place her hands on his chest. “It's a complete mystery.” Naraku said leaning down.
* * * * *
Miroku's car had finally broken down and was in the shop so Inuyasha was giving them all lifts. He went home to get dressed so he could take them all to the dance.
His outfit was of a samurai. He had all red armor and even a sword on his side. (Oh and it is armor not his haori. That comes in later) he had decided to ditch the helmet though and let his hair travel down his back. HE got his keys got in his car and left.
** * * **
Earlier that weak
Sango was looking through a shop when he cell phone rang. The song I Like Big Butts came on and she knew it was Miroku. She answered it. “Sup Miro. What you need?”
The line was quiet for a minute and Sango started to panic.
“Miro are you okay?” she asked worried.
Yeah oh yeah. I'm…I'm fine.” He answered quickly. “So what's going on?” Sango asked calming down.
Sango you are going to the dance right?” he asked her. “Duh Miro.” Sango answered. He had reminded her of her task and she started looking through the costumes again.
Do you…uh... want to…um…” Sango rolled her eyes. “Spit it out Miro.”
Of course. Do you want to…uh…gotothedancewithme?” he asked quickly. Sango completely misunderstood. “Miro, I go to the dance with you every year. So does Kagome. Inuyasha just happens to be coming with us this time.” She answered placing her hands on her hips.
No I mean, do you want to go to the dance with me?” he tried again.
Sango lowered her hands finally catching his meaning. “Oh. Um.” She said nervously.
Miroku at this point started to flip out. His thoughts were going something like this.
Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. I so just shitted myself. She'll never even want to talk to me again. Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit.
“Well uh Miro. I guess. I mean, uh. Sure. I'd love to.” She said just as nervous as he was.
“Oh great see you then. Bye.” Miroku said happily. “Bye.” Sango said into the already dead line.
Now Sango's thoughts were going something like this.
Damn! He probably thinks I'm such a loser for answering like that. He probably thinks he might not want to go any more. DAMN IT!!
* * * *
Present
Inuyasha pulled up at Sango's house and beeped the horn. Because he asked her, Sango had taken great care to get dressed that night. She stepped into the backseat wearing something she thought Miroku would like but was not on the too slutty side.
It was a French maid outfit complete with braided bun and black strap heels.
She had to get in the backseat because the queen of Slut-dom was sitting in the front. With her hand on Inuyasha's knee, Sango wanted to gag. Mrs. Shakara was wrong. She had not worn a painted on thong or nipple coverings. She instead had wrapped herself in 1-inch long red ribbon. It circled her breasts twice before going down her stomach covering her butt and (you know what I'm about to type so I wont do it) very poorly. And ended by being attached to the top strap of her left red high heel that tied up her leg. Her makeup looked so heavy even Sango wanted to droop her head feeling the weight. Her hair was that wavy compared to her usual strait style and it looked like she had wanted to make it look wind-blown like a model's.
Miroku had put on a monk's purple robes and Sango thought, Now I know its Halloween.
Miroku piled in the car next to Sango. “Hello beloved.” He said grabbing her hand and kissing it. “Be warned monk, if you try anything, you will find that French maids are used for more than just looking sexy.” She said blushing feeling the outline of his lips burn on her skin.
He headed the warning, for the moment at least.
Kagome was not ready the moment they drove up but her mom invited them in for something to drink while they waited.
Kikyo wasn't excited to enter her house but she got out of the car nonetheless.
“Hello Miro, Sango.” Mrs. Higurashi greeted them. “Hey mom.” Miroku said hugging her. “Hi mom. How you doing?” Sango said giving her one too.
“Good, good. And who is this?” she said eyeing Inuyasha knowing perfectly well who it was.
“Hi I'm Inuyasha.” He said sticking out his hand. She shook it but looked at Sango and Miroku. They shook their heads to indicate, No he doesn't know. And no don't tell him
She nodded. “Well hi there.” She greeted him. Inuyasha had not noticed the unspoken words spoken by them. “Hello Mrs. Higurashi.” She smiled, “Call me mom. All of Kagome's friends do. Mrs. Higurashi makes me feel old.”
Inuyasha started to wonder how Mrs. Higurashi made her feel old but mom didn't But he nodded and walked in.
Kikyo followed in and stuck out her hand rudely looking the other way. “Kikyo.” She said. Mrs. Higurashi looked her over taking in the outfit, make-up, and look in her eyes.
She turned to Miroku and Sango asking in her eyes, Is she Kagome's friend?
They shook their heads. Then Mrs. Higurashi rolled her eyes as if to say, I figured as much.
“Hi.” She said nicely though. “Yeah where is…Kagome, mom?” she asked pausing before Kagome.
“You can call me Mrs. Higurashi.” She said walking off. Kikyo looked after her appalled. As did Inuyasha. Kagome said her mom was nice. So did Miroku and Sango. Why is she being mean to Kikyo?
“She is upstairs finishing her hair. She'll be finished in a minute. You guys want anything? Soda? Water? Kool-aid? Pimp juice?” she finished under her breath at Kikyo.
“What was that last one?” Kikyo asked her. “Kool-aid.” She replied still smiling.
“Soda.” She answered. The others said the same. They drank their refreshments in the living room. “Why does the chair I'm sitting on smell like dog?” she asked unhappily.
“Well the dog sits there right after he takes a bath.” Mrs. Higurashi answered. “But you said for me to sit here.” She pointed out.
She smiled politely “Oops. Sorry.” She answered before walking off to the bottom of the staircase. “Kagome are you done yet! Your friends are getting impatient.”
“I'm coming.” She yelled back.
“She'll be down in a sec.” She told them walking back into the kitchen.
Kagome finally came down a minute later. Her three friends gasped as they looked at her even Kikyo's mouth dropped.
She had on a kimono so beautiful they wondered if it was made from human hands. It was a dark blue color with designs on it to remind you of midnight with silvery thread that looked equivalent to Inuyasha's hair woven into it making star shines. Her hair was pulled back and shone as bright as her outfit with two strands of hair going down the sides of her face. But she didn't stick to all the customs. Instead of wooden sandals, she had on black high heels that tied up her legs like Kikyo's, only it didn't make her look slutty.
Her eye shadow was dark blue with small glitter specks to give it a starry look and light red lipstick.
It complemented her eyes making them shine more than her outfit and eye shadow combined.
All they could do was star at her for a moment before Mrs. Higurashi showed up and said, “You can leave the soda cans where they are I'll get them in a minute and have fun at your party guys.
Kikyo was the first to recover. “Nothing special.” She commented.
Kagome stuck her chin up, “Souta, you forgot to take out some of the trash.” She called to her little brother.
“No I didn't.” he said coming out of his room wearing a pirate costume. Then he looked at Kikyo and said, “Ooh yeah I did.” Kikyo fumed at the double blow.
“I am not trash. You shouldn't be jealous.” She told them sticking her nose in the air.
“Your right Kikyo.” Kagome agreed. “Calling you trash is an insult to all the sour milk, old coffee beans, and mold covered food out there.” Souta crossed his arms and nodded in agreement.
Kikyo `grrr'ed angrily.
Inuyasha was confused. Why was everyone in her family taking shots at her?
Sango stepped forward. “Looking good girl.” She said looking her friend up and down. “Thanks.” Kagome said lowering her chin slightly.
“Yes very beautiful. How about a hug.” Miroku said coming forward his arms outstretched. “Thanks but no Miro.” Kagome said stepping back sweat dropping.
Sango smacked him upside the head.
“Well lets get going. I'm so bored.” Kikyo said.
They all nodded and started to leave.
After piling into Inuyasha's car took off to school. Kikyo's hand found Inuyasha's thigh this time. She thought happily, Tonight is the night.
The dance was kept in the true colors o Halloween. All the decorations were in brown orange and black. And sometimes blood red.
The music was pumping all ready when they entered.
People were dancing and before anyone had said a word Kikyo tuned to Inuyasha and said, “Lets dance baby.” He hadn't even answered before she dragged him off.
“Forget him Kagome.” Sango told her friend as she looked after them, “He doesn't deserve you.” Kagome smiled at her and nodded.
Miroku chose that moment to take Sango off to the dance floor.
Kagome grabbed some punch before anyone spiked it and leaned against the wall with other people who were watching the dance.
“Kagome you sure look breathtaking tonight.
She turned to her right to see a boy with blazing green eyes and long black hair.
“Oh hey Kouga. What are you supposed to be? A peasant?” she asked. Kouga cringed.
“No I am not!” he yelled indignant. “I am an ancient wolf demon. One of my ancestors.” He answered. “Oh.” Kagome replied.
“So you want to dance babe.” He asked her. “No Kouga.” She said not looking at him. “Why not.” He complained. “I thought we were going out.”
Kagome sighed, “Kouga we are not going out. We were partners as freshmens that's it. Besides Miro said you were dating Ayame now.” Kouga nodded, “I know. But you know what they say. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.”
“I thought you told me you wolves were better than dogs.” Kagome said cockily.
“We are.” He said not leaning against the wall anymore. “Kouga, lets go dance.” A red haired girl dressed as a diva said coming up behind Kouga. “Oh hey Kagome.” She greeted just noticing her. “Love your kimono.” She complemented.
“Love your fake fur coat.” Kagome retaliated. “Of course you do darling.” Ayame said haughtily. The three laughed together.
“Well dancing to do. Later Kags.” Kouga said grabbing his girlfriend's hand, “Bye Kags.” Ayame called over her shoulder.
She stood by herself for a minute when the music turned off. Everyone stopped and looked at the DJ murmuring.
Mr. Gudachi took the stage and stood at the microphone. “I have something to tell you children.” He called out to them.
“Mrs. Shakara and Mr. Diety have been in an awful car accident. They wont be returning to the school for a while.” The murmuring started up again only louder this time.
“I am now,” Mr. Gudachi called over the sound. They all quieted down. “all of yours principle and head administrator. And as such, I say this dance is called off.” The murmuring got even louder.
“GO HOME!!!!!!” he yelled to them all. Grudgingly everyone filed out.
Sango caught up with Kagome and said, “Now I know its Halloween.” Kagome turned to her and asked, “Why.”
“Because there is a monster standing on stage.”
 
 
* * * * *
 
 
Hope u all liked. Later.